Alliance should be the bad guys for once

eats hamburger and eyes thread with renewed interest

1 Like

Both Bill Clinton and George W Bush are younger than what we have now lol.

5 Likes

4 Likes

I don’t feel nearly as independent as what I used to. Not trying to be negative I know that July 4th is to celebrate our independence from Great Britain. No taxation without representation and all that, but I don’t really feel represented at all. Kinda puts a damper on the whole holiday.

But I am happy to be here with you all, and hope everyone has a good day :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hey I think it’s fine to both love your nation and question your government. The two things can work together well actually.

6 Likes

Eisenhower’s ARPA enters the thread

5 Likes

Can we get a rez on this Terminator? We kind of need him back. This is the only good Terminator. The only uncorrupted AI out there.

5 Likes

Sounds like something in a video game. This is AMERICA. We only use FACTS.

2 Likes

It is funny how we have had decades of warnings from sci-fi authors warning us of the dangers of AI but we are racing forward with it reguardless of the potential consequences

But maybe we’ll get lucky and get the Matrix AI ending that keeps us in the 90s. Those were good times.

2 Likes

Fun fact. I remember going into the wrong theater back in 1996. We sat down and thought, man the action is going strong here

Next thing I know they’re defeating the aliens. And the credits roll. That’s when my parents and I sneaked into the correct theater that was still playing pre movie trailers and quizzes ironically

We didn’t have stadium seats. It was all ground level.

:ocean: :crab: :ocean: :crab:

1 Like

Just in case you’re being serious (which I doubt), Al Gore was a child when the internet was created, so no lol. The internet infrastructure was started around 1958.

We still don’t possess the kind of AI science fiction warns of.

It’s highly possible we never will, as with all sci-fi, while grounded loosely in reality, it is speculative at best, bunk on average.

1 Like

And an armada of Legion warships come into orbit…

Amazing that as a child Al Gore did indeed invent the internet.

2 Likes

Gore had nothing to do with it whatsoever. The internet was created by DARPA.

2 Likes

Breh it’s a long-running meme. I don’t think anyone is coming to the WoW forums for history lessons so I’m pretty sure it’s alright to have a joke here and there.

Rofl you fact checked a joke.

9 Likes

People can be peculiar. OP wished a happy 4th, and within 36 replies, there were individuals taking offense, assuming the role of a victim, and fact-checking widely recognized memes.

Happy 4th :partying_face:

7 Likes

Yeah folks throwing themselves on crosses and getting their desperately desired “ayackshually” moment for the day.

4 Likes

5 Likes

Canada Day was 3 days ago and there was a thread wishing the Canadians a Happy Canada Day.

If you’re not American either move on or wish people a Happy 4th.

4 Likes