Alliance RP - Thoughts and Discussion

It’s not really for like… Grand discussions. But like “hey we are doing this here now if anyone wants to come by” and you see it immediately in game.

1 Like

The best way to prompt more RP is to not sit around planning grand designs, but to simply place yourself in the world consistently with other people who do the same. The more you start doing this, like we are in Mereldar, the more you’ll grow a dedicated community of people seeing you doing it.

1 Like

I’ll be honest, discord confuses me.

That may sound weird to a lot of people, but it just does. I’m never sure if the conversation is currently happening or I’m days, even weeks behind.

2 Likes

yep. Discord has its place for things, but I wouldnt ever rely solely on it.

Added in TBC. Wow has had voice chat for that long. It’s had changes over the years, but it’s been around a mega long time. No one has ever used it in the history of ever because 3rd party platforms, whether it be Ventrillo, Teamspeak, to now Discord has reigned supreme.

Keeping the darkness away is O’SHA compliant :dracthyr_lulmao:

1 Like

The most useful thing about In-Game Communities is that it makes it a lot easier to facilitate cross-faction events that require a raid group and you don’t want to add too many people as a Battle net friend.

It is a very specific use, one that is only required because of the sloppy way Blizzard implemented cross-faction stuff.

3 Likes

Yeah I definitely think a bnet community that only exists for “hey RP happening here” would be the best option. We don’t need to use it to chat. We just need to use it for “hey does anyone online wanna RP? come here!”

3 Likes

For several years these talks have been had over and over and several years ago some of us stepped up to try and help.

I’m Horde, I run a guild, but I tried to do my part to help the Alliance scene. I took time away from my own guild events to run Alliance or neutral events. My guild members hopped on Alliance alts to help me. Stormwind Market, a lounge night, military ball, fox hunt and the Cultural food festival were my attempts. There were server campaigns too like Helping Hands that I tried to help with. All advertised in discord, on forums and in game.

Attempts have been made but if the players don’t show up to said events… Well what can you do? You can lead a horse to water but you can’t make him drink.

I gave it a good run but I’m done. I’m retiring from the public scene after this year’s military ball.

It was a good run.

Good luck everyone. I wish you all the best.

3 Likes

You absolutely should do you. Thank you for everything you put into it all. I look forward to crossing paths in random RP.

Also, wanted to quickly note that there’s talk of a Duskwood costume event and overall Hallow’s End revival of sorts in the WCP. Nothing official yet and when there are details, they will be posted. Considering Duskwood’s history and vibe, Hallow’s End is a great time to return to our favorite haunted town in the woods. :jack_o_lantern:

Here here!

1 Like

Ebon Hawk OG right here, son

Hell yeah, represent.

1 Like

FLAK is a great group, youve done a great job with it in game!

3 Likes

chiming in that yeah, the biggest issue with any rp community and i mean any rp community is a lack of communication between groups

with how disparate things are, and how depopulated it is as well, it might be worth cross posting your events, communities, etc anywhere that you can and anywhere that’ll take you

just a chance to catch as many eyes as the population has dwindled so extremely

lot of folks (myself included) chose to cut their losses and jump ship, but I think if there’s any way wra alliance can manage to buck the tendencies littered throughout its history, there’s always a chance that people will come back.

mg is a lot, after all! but for people who like a populated server, it’s basically their only option for alliance rp. providing yourself as a viable alternative could be very valuable.