Alliance player choice?

Please look up the literal meaning of that word.

6 Likes

My tinfoil is that they’re testing things out in BFA to implement storytelling complexity in the next expansion.

BFA is the battleground for player agency storywise so-to-speak.

1 Like

TBH, i honestly don’t think that most of the devs don’t care about the Alliance. Only a handful that do.

Our story has sucked in BFA. Besides the Some Jaina and Tyrande parts

How about you just wait until the quest goes active on the PTR?

Why wait when we can be mad now :triumph::triumph:

1 Like

Being as to how you’re on a shadow character, I can’t check if you’ve done “Two Sides to Every Tale.” In the event you haven’t, I challenge you to complete the Horde story arc. Your opinion might change drastically once it’s done.

Well, I wish I could understand, but I don’t play Alliance so I don’t know what it’s like for you guys.

But I hope you get some “player choices” eventually like we did. I can see where there might be some good splitting in your alliances and an upcoming problem for you guys which I won’t point out in case it becomes something that’s actually in the upcoming story.

At least your NEs got a cool custom eye thingy so far.

You just stated in your own post why that wouldn’t work, there would be two factions with identical ideals and then Sylvanas’ Horde.
It would just be the ugly peace faction and the pretty peace faction, and as classic proved and BC confirmed, people pick pretty.

I’m surprised they haven’t expanded on the tensions of inviting the Void Elves to the Alliance.

Not only are they Blood Elves, they’re Void infused Void Elves.

They should have received the same level of hesitation as Death Knights in their initial welcoming to the Alliance (imo).

There are a few things they could definitely work on expanding (tension wise).

1 Like

I also said they’d be in the neutral area. Please read the entire response, not just a small part. At the beginning, they’d lean toward Alliance … but once the dust settled, they’d migrate back toward the center.

What is better, to have choice in a story that’s complete trash, or none at all?

Half serious

This implies they’re not the ones screwing up the writing.

1 Like

I agree.

I disagree and still think she is a terrible character, or atleast what they have done with her since cata. She is yet another Mary Sue demigod and when they finally made her a boss fight she does the quest villain nonsense of teleporting away at 5% while still claiming to win.

Pfft, you know you’d be drinking on the beach with all us other retired bums if given the choice.

Christie “Anduin creeper” Golden is the lead story writer. She has always been a pretty big Alliance lover.

You leave Lionheart alone!

Dude, she wrote Rise of the Horde & Lord of the Clans. She’s been involved with both factions. Her liking Anduin ins’t bad just like it’s not bad that Metzen loved Thrall.

1 Like

How about they give alliance players the choice between not getting involved in the Baine thing or doing it?

I know that’s radical since we are talking about the alliance here and they might have to put a bit more effort in, but that would be meaningful for say… a night elf that wants everyone in the horde to step on a lego.

1 Like

It is bad metzen loved thrall, he ruined the lore of three whole expansions. Stepping in at the last second to steal the glory for metzen after we did all the work. I am so sick of orcs and I’m glad metzen got fired after he finally crashed the game into the ground in WOD.

Im not saying she doesnt write for both sides but even she has expressed her Alliance favortism and it does reflect in her writing. Before the Storm was an Anduin love letter and took every other chance to make the Horde look as evil and stupid as possible. It was like bad fan fiction.

Edit: But yeah Metzen was/is pretty awful about it too.

?? He chose to quit for his health. He needed spinal surgery and was having serious anxiety issues due to work. In no way was he fired or let go.

1 Like