Alliance Participation is down

From the best information we have available, Archmage pointed out that things are probably far worse than we ever imagined with the Horde having ~70% of the active population.

Why do the devs think this is?

often what it comes down to is if someone really likes the color red, it is hard to convince them that blue is better.

I think I might have figured out why people seem to like the color red so much.

Then there’s an ongoing discussion into the very particulars of this very question that you might have missed…

I know why I think the horde is more popular.

I want to know why the devs think the horde is more popular.

29 Likes

Yes lets make a ptr racial which isn’t live and we pretty much know for a fact will be nerfed the reason why Horde is better. Last I saw populations were at like 47% alliance and 53% horde at max level. The issue is those willing to do the higher content (m+/mythics raiding/rated pvp) are predominately horde.

4 Likes

The last real data released from one of the Q&As was the population was close to 60% Horde and 40% Alliance participation.

Then you check out PvP ladder participation and pve rankings for guilds it’s closer to 70% Horde and 30% Alliance.

6 Likes

Horde is more popular, but participation is arguable down for both sides and that’s a debate in on its own.

1 Like

Its an RPG everything I do is active even if its not what you want to show on your graphs to build your argument.

But as for why the Horde is more popular? It stands out from other MMORPGs as there is a side that gets to be aggressive, assertive, and dominant. In basically all other games you are the shining beacon of light that can do no wrong and will go out and heroically save the day in shining armor. It gets old, and the Horde provides an entire lore and narrative that breaks away from that even if they do save the princess at the end of the day.

Talking about an unfinished racial they have gone out of their way to tell you isnt final doesnt help your argument, its knee jerk hysteria. I usually agree they dont communicate enough on things in Ptr but you actually did get a response.

8 Likes

I want to know why you have so much faith in blizzard to listen to community feedback and change a design choice they made. What is it from the past that gives you this faith? Just how many times has blizzard let something through the ptr without fixing it? Countless you say? That is about right.

The only way this gets changed is if we throw a sustained uproar about it, and even then there is no guarantee- as azerite armor proves. We have given feedback innumerable times about seemingly broken things only to have them ignored and make it to live.

Again, I say, how do you know this will be fixed? Answer, YOU DON’T.

10 Likes

Regeneratin’ is balanced and not even as good a racial as Brush it Off.

That aside, the Horde didn’t complain about faction balance from Vanilla through WotLK, you know why? The balancing issues between the faction is growing to to the fact that the playbase is rapidly dwindling, it wouldn’t be even that’s certain, it’s more so Alliance players are leaving faster than the Horde. Meanwhile new players role Horse due to the prevalence of raiders that have been there for over eight years.

2 Likes

I would be surprised if the racial isn’t released in an OP state to drive up more race changes before changing it a month or two into the live release of the patch.

4 Likes

Which is consistent with past practice…and completely destroys the shrill voices of those that blindly believe it will be nerfed before it goes live “because reasons.”

1 Like

True there is the off chance it isn’t nerfed, but realistically I’d say it will be. I never said not to provide feedback that it is fairly op. But their argument was that was one of the reasons the horde was so popular.

1 Like

Odds are it will be nerfed. And throwing a tantrum over something not yet implemented is asinine. Feedback is fine, doom and gloom is a joke

1 Like

To be fair I wouldn’t be shocked if it made it to live. Not because of any “horde bias” crap, but because it wouldn’t be the first time crap like that was pointed out in PTR and betas and still made it to live.

3 Likes

Are you out of your mind?

2 Likes

How many times have I heard this in Alpha ~ Beta, then live happened and all of a sudden those people who make these comments stop talking. Until PTR that is.

2 Likes

The characters look more like I am playing a fantasy MMO. If this was Lord of the Rings yeah I could see playing like a Night Elf or Human but it is not.

Even Kul Tirans are basically fat humans. Worgen was the last thing they added that seemed fantasy orientated.

It does not help that they put Void Elves behind a month long grind of prior expansion content. If Blood elves could choose a faction like Pandarans I would do it.

Unfortunately there is no money in giving player choices.

1 Like

It may go through. Im not foolish enough to think its beyond blizzard to let it go through. What will people say if it does get nerfed? Will they admit that they overacted to something blizzard has openly said they are keeping an eye on it?

Hell if im reading it correctly the channel is interrupted by damage? Thats not really that great then. May need a numerical adjustment, but if dmg interrupts it on top of interrupts,stuns, and displacement abilities then its not that strong

No, I made my stance here, https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/regeneratin-zandalari-racial/68531. It’s important to understand an ability fully before making decisions on whether or not the potential is defining how good or bad it will be. It’s still subject to change so the discussion is iffy.

I mean if it does go live, it would balance out how the dark iron dwarf racials vs maghar compared, since that was such a massive difference in great vs. terrible racials. I could see them though making it just 20% per second it lasts, so that way in combat at most you ever heal is 20% (maybe tune it less towards 10% or 15% if need be).

1 Like

The racial, as it is now, MUST change. Blizzard has posted that it’s not final.

As of right now, it’s beyond OP. A heal to 100% every 1.5 min is insane and is more powerful than some actual class heals (take Lay on Hands as an example).

I get what you’re saying;

The problem is with how much feedback, class balance issues and bug reports that were ignored for nearly all of Alpha / Beta, people don’t come to expect them to act whatsoever unless people cry out about it. Sometimes they say they’re keeping an eye on it, but only address it the next patch a few months later.

Personally, I’d be grateful to be proven wrong for instance.