Alliance Participation is down

To be fair I wouldn’t be shocked if it made it to live. Not because of any “horde bias” crap, but because it wouldn’t be the first time crap like that was pointed out in PTR and betas and still made it to live.

3 Likes

Are you out of your mind?

2 Likes

How many times have I heard this in Alpha ~ Beta, then live happened and all of a sudden those people who make these comments stop talking. Until PTR that is.

2 Likes

The characters look more like I am playing a fantasy MMO. If this was Lord of the Rings yeah I could see playing like a Night Elf or Human but it is not.

Even Kul Tirans are basically fat humans. Worgen was the last thing they added that seemed fantasy orientated.

It does not help that they put Void Elves behind a month long grind of prior expansion content. If Blood elves could choose a faction like Pandarans I would do it.

Unfortunately there is no money in giving player choices.

1 Like

It may go through. Im not foolish enough to think its beyond blizzard to let it go through. What will people say if it does get nerfed? Will they admit that they overacted to something blizzard has openly said they are keeping an eye on it?

Hell if im reading it correctly the channel is interrupted by damage? Thats not really that great then. May need a numerical adjustment, but if dmg interrupts it on top of interrupts,stuns, and displacement abilities then its not that strong

No, I made my stance here, https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/regeneratin-zandalari-racial/68531. It’s important to understand an ability fully before making decisions on whether or not the potential is defining how good or bad it will be. It’s still subject to change so the discussion is iffy.

I mean if it does go live, it would balance out how the dark iron dwarf racials vs maghar compared, since that was such a massive difference in great vs. terrible racials. I could see them though making it just 20% per second it lasts, so that way in combat at most you ever heal is 20% (maybe tune it less towards 10% or 15% if need be).

1 Like

The racial, as it is now, MUST change. Blizzard has posted that it’s not final.

As of right now, it’s beyond OP. A heal to 100% every 1.5 min is insane and is more powerful than some actual class heals (take Lay on Hands as an example).

I get what you’re saying;

The problem is with how much feedback, class balance issues and bug reports that were ignored for nearly all of Alpha / Beta, people don’t come to expect them to act whatsoever unless people cry out about it. Sometimes they say they’re keeping an eye on it, but only address it the next patch a few months later.

Personally, I’d be grateful to be proven wrong for instance.

That’s pretty much what I see in every Allied Race thus far, the Horde racials simply can’t compete with anything.

And that’s what the discussion is for, I explained my stance on it in the thread, it’s up to you to read and understand my point of view on it.

I understand why people see it as OP but given circumstances of Raid Mechanics and general PvP mechanics it’s certainly over valued. But you’re comparing a Class ability that’s an instant cast full heal (that’s pretty average as is), versus a channeled four second duration full heal that’s interrupted on damage and restricts movement.

1 Like

Its nowhere near LoH. LoH is an instant cast that can be used externally. The regen is a self cast channel that is easily interrupted. The only advantage the regen has is its CD. For team utility id 100% take LoH over this racial

You arent wrong. Blizzard has been atrocious with communication in PTRs. I want to believe this is different though, they specifically singled out this racial as something theyre watching

You can use the racial four times in the duration of LoH’s CD for the same amount of healing. If you even two seconds of casting at all during that six minute window, it will out-heal LoH. That’s crazy for a racial.

Again, you’ve misinterpreted potential with reality, if you can’t understand that there is no use arguing.

1 Like

It is not just Regeneratin’ that is OP. Many of the Loa racial choices are quite OP too. For some reason no one mentions that.

2 Likes

You’re defending an OP racial on the grounds that it will be interrupted EVERY time it’s used in PvP. You’re either trolling or ignorant. I’m done.

2 Likes

Because there is a massive, NUMBERS ARE NOT FINALIZED, when you look at them on the PTR. They look like they scale with gear, and they’re set to max gear currently, regardless of what’s being worn. (Likely a math issue similar to their Advanced Scaling Tech™ )

Cool. Though I do bring up some very valid points if you’re even interested in the mentioned thread.

I agree with this. I was glad to see switching between them is on a 25 day cooldown. otherwise it would be crazy.

…not to mention if it is usable while stealthed. That alone would seem to make it OP on rogues.

It was a stupid way for them to answer it, but the truth is how do you get people to change when they are tied in and identify more with the story of one faction over another? Or that all their friends are horde? Or that they want to play a toon that looks a certain way or has a certain cultural variable?

I think the ship sailed on a racial or two making a big difference a while ago. The competitive player pool on Horde is just larger, and it continues to get larger, simply because its larger. They would need to nerf horde racials and buff alliance for 2-3 tiers (before balancing out) to get enough people to switch, and its hard to imagine they would want to deal with the back lash from that.

1 Like

It breaks stealth, and funny enough it morphs druids out of form (even bear).

That makes it pretty bad, esp for druids…

It breaks with damage, interrupts, stuns and displacement abilities. A /glare may interrupt it as well. Its not the massive game changer people are pretending it is

1 Like