Alliance is winning quite often

I’m going to assume that a large number of Alliance players rolled Horde with SL and the new races because Alliance has been winning close to 75% of the random BG’s I’ve been in.

I know of course it’s only level 30-40 ish BG’s, but there seems to be a lot more players doing what they’re suppose to be as of late.

Anybody else on Alliance experiencing this ?

8 Likes

Ive always felt that with many players rerolling to Horde the Alliances PvP population will dwindle and you’ll more often see the better Alliance show up to BG since they’re what’s left.

Hardcore pvpers will also reroll to human for the ability to get out of stuns.

Not seeing it

Could it be that you only have the losses more fresh in your mind that your perception is skewed?

1 Like

Perhaps casuals are rolling Horde for the new expac. Also Vulpera.

The remaining alliance are battle-hardened veterans. Or perhaps horde pros seeing an opportunity to farm the rerollers.

I am playing at max… where are these all alliance wins .

8 Likes

Since the pre-patch hit about 75% of the games have been alliance wins for me as well. Not sure what’s going on.

3 Likes

alliance has pretty much been winning every 50 bg to the point i just mainly do epics now every random on horde has been 8-10k players vs alliance glad premades or 20k+ people

took me half the day trying to get 1 win for a random as horde no matter what i did between orb grabbing defending hell i even flag ran

i q merc get win first try

Been trying to win one normal bg for 8 hours now as horde so yea I can confirm alliance is winning a lot

My reflex reset with the patch because of addon sorcery but since then it is recording my win rate across all battlegrounds & brawls to be 74.6% on one of my Alliance characters. My Horde character, though fewer games played, is recording 58%.

Small BGs are seeing a noticeable improvement in Alliance play. Ally is playing like Horde, play to win, play objectives, defend nodes, attack EFC, wreck healers etc.

Too bad it’s not translating to Epic BGs.

4 Likes

It has been my experience that alliance has had more capable and frequent premades since the prepatch and been winning most of the bgs I have been in and most of the premades are from frostmourne for some reason.

The pattern right now seems the same as it’s been throughout BfA to me:

Horde wins almost every epic battleground. Pretty much 100%, minus when it’s Wintergrasp and Alliance is defending.

Alliance wins most regular battlegrounds. Like 60-70%.

Sample size of just me, so not worth much, but that’s what I’ve been seeing all expansion, and it is pretty much the same now.

I hope they make mercenary mode easier to do in Shadowlands. I think more people would merc, and balance would be better, if you didn’t have to physically go to that one NPC to sign up.

1 Like

Nowadays Alliance lose when they are defending WG too.

The only ones they do win are IOC and recently AV by turtling the game . Even that is not a certain because some Alliance for some strange reason rather take a quick loss than take a 1 hour win by turtling . Just frustrating.

2 Likes

I see a lot of alliance (twinks/Max level characters?) playing my low level horde toons in BGs. When I’m on my alliance toons it always seems to be just other levelers I’m facing on the horde(Alliance more skill confirmed?). I like low level bgs more than high level right now so I don’t blame them for syncing up with their friends to play in the lower brackets but it’s still same old same old: Some games you GY camp and others you get GY camped - it’s how you have fun in the losses is what will matter to your experience

Yo this is great news! Makes me proud to be on the Alliance. I honestly hate playing horde characters. It makes me feel poor and like I’m living in a 3rd world country :nauseated_face:

6 Likes

Have noticed this on my horde characters. Seems like most of the bgs are filled with really geared premades on the ally side and a lot of people lvling alts/gearing recent max lvl alts horde side.

OC allies have always carried 'muricans

2 Likes

It’s the opposite on Alliance for EU. It’s not very fun to even attempt climbing honor ranks cause the loss-ratio is just off the charts unless you make premades…
and that kind of just feels bad tbh.

Correct.

IoC is pretty even split. It really comes down to what team actually listens; alliance wins when people actually follow directions and don’t behave like bots zerging the docks because you can’t just glaive the gate down anymore, and you need a second node.

AV is horde biased. Destroying the forward bunkers is way harder to do than destroying the Iron Triangle so if the Horde actually decides to defend- or if the alliance is just not listening when three people all say, “Skip Galv, he doesn’t help us win”, the Horde almost always wins.

Wintergrasp is “horde biased” in so far as I seem to get defense about 10% of the time, and offense 90% of the time, and offense is way harder than defense since you’re actually on defense too, but your map is broken, and after pleading with your team to keep all workshops captured on offense to deny defense extra vehicles they instead let the defenders get 20 vehicles built.

As solo queuers quit, the percentage of premades will increase. Perhaps this is what he’s seeing.