Alliance Internal Conflict

The Alliance outposts weren’t removed, they were seeded to the Zandalari. It is presumed, but not directly mentioned, that the Horde did the same with most of their bases on Kul’Tiras.

I say most because Plunder Harbor is the home base of Fogsail Freebooters pirates who allied with the Horde during the war and I don’t see them giving up their home.

i want tyrande to marry genn.

its so weird right? whats his motivation? at least talanji and Geya’rah have a motivation, i guess they will need to make another book for rok’an.

Make up one. Some flavor text about all the glory and honor he earned fighting on the front lines of checks his notes Nazmir or the invasion he lead of Drustvar. Give him a missing eye, have him tell a story about how he lost it to a Kul Tiran trident, then took that Trident and deposited it sideways back into the Kul Tiran who stabbed him.

Only risk is that the Horde is so desperate for characters that if you make this entirely brand new character too cool, or an underrepresented race, the playerbase will become attached in the 30 minutes or so that he’s alive.

They need to do a lot with Rokhan. That being said, the guy is loyal to those he deems worthy of that loyalty. He also never in the history of his character has been the type to start a fight, but damned does he get super invested in making sure it ends on the Horde’s terms once its started. It doesn’t really matter who started it, that is his reality he’s shown for ages.

I would guess he’s feeling a bit responsible for Rastakhan’s death and getting Talanji all mixed up in this business with how promiment he was in their recruiment. Also, the Zandalari have a lot of shared Loa worship with the Darkspear, so having her more thoroughly in the council is something he’s likely to really be on board with.

2 Likes

The risk comes from Blizz’s inability to commit to Alliance aggression.

If they go in even handed with this dual assassinations plot, there is no way in hell that villain bat wont swing the Horde’s direction again. It also should be noted that the initial character death (regardless of how throwaway, which … I’m sure Alliance players will react well to that) is not the problem. Its the after. The remaining Horde roster needs some serious plot-armor moving forward if they are ever going to be able to be built into something of value. That plot armor is unlikely to lead to a satisfactory experience for Alliance players.

Oh for Lights sake he actually came up with an idea to to give you your wanted “Alliance aggression” with the only cost to the Horde being an NPC that’s supposed to be unjustly killed and somehow that’s just going to lead to more Horde villain batting?

This is now just whinging for the sake of whinging.

2 Likes

No he didn’t. He made for a situation that allowed for both parties to share that aggression equally. Hence the requirement that both a Horde and Alliance hawk get killed. To the point where we’d need to invent a new Horde character to take that axe. To share that burden. If it were merely an instance for “Alliance aggression”, you’d functionally only require the Alliance rep to get murdered; and frame it on the Horde by that supposed third party. To be revealed later.

You don’t need the Horde to ALSO act as an aggressor in such a scenario, we’ve never been allowed to have a validated grievances against the Alliance. We lash out, we hurt them, they save us from ourselves. Rinse, repeat. If Blizz really wanted an Alliance aggression story give the Hawks among them the power and the catalyst they need to act on their impulses; while the Doves are locked away in SLs. For example, the Lightbound coming in and tipping the balance of power in their favor … and framing the Horde for the Alliance character’s death who got a little too close to realizing Yrel and the Light Mothers true nature. No one on the Alliance side has a window into the horror show those people became after all. They’re old allies. Devout Light worshippers. They’d believe them.

1 Like

I said you could argue it was the wrong decision.
But Hindsight is 20/20 and from a Meta perspective NOW, you can retroactively condemn his actions.

He did not have that privilege.

Context is important. “Why” in this case clearly meant he didn’t know what she was up to. But the entire premise of them being there was suspicion that she was after something and they were there to find out.

Still say it’s not too late for Blizzard to reveal it was all a delusion brought on by N’Zoth.

Didn’t say that.

No, they get a better idea of what she’s doing but they already have a vague idea of what she’s there to do. It’s literally part of the quest chain.

That’s funny because I can’t name a single one that has been “justified.”

Taurajo was a Tragedy and a bungled military operation for which the one who did it paid for it. It was also a Justified attack, or at least in the sense it was a valid military target. It is possible to be both, you know.

The key difference between the Alliance and the Horde acts of aggression is that the Alliance’s usually get settled within the same quest chain while the Horde’s get carried on from expansion to expansion, and never getting closure.

I know what is in the quest chain. I literally did it. I still hold he had no idea what she was up to. The entire premise of your argument is based on the spotty comments in a journal that may or may not have been recovered by the Alliance and may or may not have reached Genn before he set sail. Genn was out for blood the moment Varian was dead. He needed no justification in his mind.

This is kind of pointless to argue further since we clearly disagree on the interpretation of what he is saying.

Name one that wasn’t. Hell, you have just been arguing that Genn’s attack on the Horde in Stormheim was pretty much justified.

The key difference is, as you admitted yourself, that the Alliance is justified when they do it and the Horde almost never is. As for closure, tell that to Talanji. I would hardly say the Horde got closure for the Southern Barrens either. Apparently it wasn’t till Garrosh rolled through that the Alliance was driven out of the Southern Barrens and even that was treated as some kind of villainous and unprovoked act by the Horde in the novel.

1 Like

You do realize, following recent events, there is basically no scenario where the Alliance Isn’t Justified in attacking the Horde? I understand that you are tired of the Horde being the only one who does the agression, but unless a massive retcon happens the Alliance have every right to start a war, while the Horde has absolutely none.

2 Likes

Supreme Commander, not High king.

1 Like

Those are the same thing basically. The High King controls the Alliance military and everyone follows his orders in war. He leads the Alliance essentially the way the Supreme Commander did in the old Alliance.

Right, let the Alliance nuke a Horde civilian population center to show how much better they are…

:pancakes:

The Supreme Commander coordinates defense and attack yes.

Bur he can’t just issue orders willynilly. It’s a political assignment, nit license to be an emperor.

He would be interesting to see when he’d be dealing with wild actions made by Tyrande-Elune and Genn.

Unless the Horde went dark magic again. Fel, void bloodlust whatever. I imagine Turalyon liberation of Lordaeron and a lumping together of all humans in the Eastern Kingdoms.

But he must never seek Quelthalas. Just disrupt Queldanis and that neutralizes the belf threat

I mean it’s just SITTING there…

Not saying they would be better. But they would be justified in doing so, after everything the Horde has done against them.

Moral highground is pointless if it means you are forced to brush off every grievience, depite the ones causing them aren’t trying to make ammends or even improve themselves.

2 Likes

So, genocide is good as long as the Alliance does it after someone else? Got it.

:pancakes:

This. I could care less about having the moral high ground if it means the Horde gets to constantly kick the Alliance teeth in and then get away with it.

I don’t think this is what they meant. The genocide would be just as bad, but the Alliance could justify it as the Horde has done it twice in the last 4 years so it would be saving our butts to just get rid of them.

I don’t agree with the logic, but I think that is what he is trying to say.

1 Like

Did I advocate for a horde genocide? Because all I said is that they are justified to go to war, and i’ll add that they are justified in trying to dismantle the Horde. To avenge those who the Horde has hurt, and to prevent them from hurting anyone else. As a political organization mind you. I don’t mean systematically killing every Horde member.

1 Like

God isn’t this the frikkin’ zeitgeist of BfA?

Like, them trying to hit some weird hybrid between “you’re just an adventurer trying to make a name for themselves and help” and “CHAMPEON! WE LITERALLY CAN’T DO ANYTHING WITHOUT YOU PLEASE SAVE ALL OF AZEORTH?!”

2 Likes