Alliance Internal Conflict

That would be disgusting. I would rather Gilneas break off again and team up with the Night Elves who have done more for them than anyone else in the Alliance.

4 Likes

That’s nice.

They just have to make him forget every lesson he did learn up until this point, bringing his character back to WC2 Genn and ignore the harsh lessons learned about abandoning the Alliance.

Which is completely possible given Blizzards writing, but I’d rather they just killed Genn and replaced him with an idiot who hasn’t read a history book.

Because make no mistake. A “fractured Alliance” storyline will end with everyone realizing “United we stand, divided we all fall”.

2 Likes

I didn’t say abandon the Alliance, they can create tension within the faction without it fracturing, I am saying I would like to see the Night Elves and Gilneans drift closer and away from the rest of the Alliance. Like they stay in the Alliance because of convenience but they are pretty much like we are going to do our own thing.

Genn doesn’t have to revert back to WC2 Genn for that, he could just simply remain more loyal to the Kaldorei and Tyrande than the rest of the Alliance, which he showed in BfA by choosing to aid her in Darkshore when the rest of the Alliance was like nope.

5 Likes

Most don’t say “tension” without the threat of actually leaving. Else it isn’t really tension now is it.

But again, Genn moving his forces to help the kaldorei would not suddenly be a sign that he’s more loyal to them than to Stormwind. Genn is a guy who now owes the kaldorei a great deal but he also sees Anduin as a second son.

If anything he would be the one to champion unity above all else.

1 Like

It also should be noted that he is still the king of Gilneans, and as their heritage questline reinforced “While all Alliance Worgen are Gilnean, not all Gilnean are Worgen”. As a result, Genn as King of Gilneas has a responsibility to his people to reclaim and rebuild their home of Gilneas; as well as take steps to secure the healing kingdom economically and in defense. Which means that maintaining positive relations with the EK Alliance is beneficial. The NEs in contrast, with their very limited naval capacities, their self-contained and sustaining economy and culture, and their distance on Kalimdor … provides very little towards these things.

A debt to the NEs does not equate to him having the luxury of sacrificing his own people’s security and future. Its not quite as simple as that. And most of the time I see people suggesting that the Worgen leave the Alliance for the NEs, it truly is them placing the Gilnean’s Racial Fantasy under that of the NE’s; to make it more convenient for their desire to leave the Alliance.

3 Likes

As you have said, the foundation for that has been layed.
Genn also seem to imply that Tess is a lot closer to the NEs than even he is.

I have to say I really LOVED to see Kaldorei and Worgen forces combined in Darkshore. They match perfectly and this is some kind of mutual relationship the Alliance should have been but isn’t.

You see Worgen druids healing up the Ancient of Life and in the Questzone you see Worgen workers dismanteling goblin tech or mining ores while being closely guarded by Sentinels.

It just looks so great. So I do hope that this relationship is shown more in the future.

I also could see after a possible world revamp that the shipping route between Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor being in Gilneas and no longer in Stormwind.
Would be a huge but subtile thing.
I also would like to see Enclves in both cities for each others race. Would be a cool twist.

Also not sure if Gilneas (which should be allready) has been reclaimed but I demand that the Kaldorei forces are the ones helping to reclaim it.
When the whole Alliance abandoned us, the Gilneans stand by our sides, no matter the odds.

The Kaldorei do not forget betrayal, genocide and murder. But they aldo won’t forget kindness and loyalty.
May the dark moon shine above Gilneas to cleanse it from every last of the forsaken monstrosities.

7 Likes

yea… and its weird he is being tortured it doesnt feel him getting what he deserves or getting screwed over by his choices it just feels like… sylvanas is torturing him just to be more evil.

4 Likes

Can we get a Loyalist questline aswell where we can chose to leave him in the maw?

3 Likes

He is literally the golden boy of the alliance i dont think so you would have to RP something like… you were busy when somebody else rescued him.

i think we’re mean to take that the night elves are angry with him as the punishment for his choices but… i dont know i would stand with tyrande and genn any day.

2 Likes

No I want to actually be the one who kicks him back into the maw.
May he rot there for his betrayal.

The thing that makes me mad about Anduin is how he seems to care more about the Horde than Alliance (Low-key I can’t help but wonder if this is why some Horde players like him).

Seriously:

• Arrests Saufang only to later release him from prison to have him help take down Sylvanas.

• Tells Tyrande he can’t help her at Darkshore because “their aren’t enough troops”, leaving her and the Kaldorei alone to fight off the Horde, with the exception of the Gilneans help. Only for Anduin to later turn around and give Saurfang an army to back him up in the Siege of Org… like what?

• Anduin sacrifices a huge amount of Alliance soldiers to distract the Horde so the Alliance can assault Dazar’alor. Oh, and if you look at the soldiers who sacrifice themselves it is all non-human races INCLUDING Night Elves. So while Anduin was a jerk and wouldn’t help Tyrande in Darkshore she still gave him troops for his plans to attack. Only to sacrifice them and then be like, “Let’s not press the attack any further we don’t want to be as bad as Sylvanas and hurt the Horde more.” Dude what??? How does that make sense? Why does he care about the Horde when they were complicit in Sylvanas’ plans? Meanwhile not caring about those Alliance soldiers that now died for no reason.

• Then after the Siege on Org, based on what we know in Shadows Rising for the truce Anduin signs it and has all the Alliance outposts in Zuldazar removed… yet there is no mention of him making it so that the Horde removes their forces from Ashenvale.

I just don’t get it. Blizzard literally writes Anduin as if he cares more about the Horde than the Alliance and it makes it really hard to support Anduin and have faction pride in the Alliance.

3 Likes

That one was actually pretty smart.
Staging a civil war within the enemy.

Yep that one was pretty stupid … but he did so before aswell by attacking Zandalar which was completely unnecessary.

There have not been any to begin with. They blitzkrieged through it and later were removed during the mission table missions.

The end of BFA was unfortunately completely stupid because Blizzard didn’t bother to mention at all what was in that treaty.

We will preobably get that story told in the Kalimdor book that at some point will come out I guess.

That’s a popular narrative that players like to push but there’s actually no evidence to support that other then your “feelings.”

Like who? Horde Players HATE Anduin more then you do, or at most are indifferent.

Oh no… Going after a common enemy, you know! The one who ACTUALLY burned down Teldrassil!

Because at the time, they were in the middle of a full-on Offensive in Kul Tiras.
You know, against the Horde. The ones they were at war with?

And he didn’t “give him an Army.” Anduin led what was LEFT of the Alliance Army in a joint operation against the Alliance’s (and yes, the Night Elves too) mortal enemy in a last ditch effort to take her down.

This is a lie.

First off, Dazar’alor wasn’t an attack against the Horde. It was an attack against the Zandalari. You can argue that the Attack was stupid but trying to paint it as some kind of callous act on Anduin’s part is just trying to gaslight.

Second, the Horde were returning in force and if the Alliance stayed there, they would of been wiped out. That was the whole point of the Distraction in the first place, to get the entire Horde and most of the Zandalari to leave the city so the Alliance can destroy the Zandalari’s Fleet and (Hopefully) get Rastakhan to surrender. The succeeded in their primary goal but failed in their secondary. And if they stayed or burned Dazar’alor to the ground they would of lost the war too.

Because there was nothing to remove. The Night Elves took Ashenvale.

4 Likes

I vote for a religious cult in the guise of the Lightbound.

Can’t speak for other horde players, but his character coming out of MoP seemed to have a lot of potential. He struck out on his own, fought sha, ghosts and other things. Escaped from both the alliance and the horde. Was schooled in Machiavellian politics and strategy by the black prince, and wisdom by the august celestials. He had the potential for a credible future emperor of Azeroth.

This was largely squandered coming into bfa by making him some emo kid that compulsively uses the word honor in every sentence.

5 Likes

I agree he had potential, but Legion and BfA ruined Anduin by forcing him on us because he is a Wrynn. There is NO reason why he should have been the leader of the Alliance just because Varian was.

Had Anduin just been the leader of Stormwind while someone else lead the Alliance, like Muradin for example, his story and the story as a whole would have been more compelling.

Imagine if during BfA the Alliance had a High King who sought to actually fight the Horde and get retribution all the while Anduin was on the side advocating for peace and worked behind the scenes to make it happen. Causing a rift to build in the Alliance because there were those who agreed with Anduin and those who agreed with the High King. That would have been WAY better than the BS narrative we got that bends over backwards for Anduin.

5 Likes

Ok, you’ve got my attention.

And now I’m hooked. This is exactly what needs to happen. I hate that Genn is being cast as this subservient leader to Stormwind. The man is a king on his own right! I hate it even more because of how it further isolated the Night Elves. Location wise they are distanced from the other l test of the faction. But they provided for the Dreanei when they needed help and Blizz put them right with the humans.

Next Tyrande and Malfurion rescued the Worgen and brought them into the Alliance but their leader isn’t seen with either of them at all. He’s in Stormwind with the Wrynn’s. Other than the npc’s in Darn and Feathermoon prior to BfA you don’t get much of a coloration between the two races. The lore says they are close but when do we actually get to see that? Bring these 3 leaders together. I think Alleria might fit here as well. Don’t even get me started on the missed opportunities with that character throughout BfA in favor of Keshaan. :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

4 Likes

This, in WoW, is a good way to end up villian batted. That is pretty much what has happened almost every time to anyone in the Horde who have ‘gotten their teeth back’ and been a ‘darker/wilder’ part. Happened with the Orcs. Happened with the Forsaken.

I should point out ‘giving the horde back its teeth’ was exactly what Metzen called them making Garrosh Warchief at the start of Cata. Look how htat turned out.

I don’t know. It kind of feels like your not really an Anduin fan. Such a scenario will probably not end will with Turalyon unless he outright stomps down in descent against Anduin. That is a major villian batting flag your proposing there.

I am not an Anduin fan. I think he is a trash character because the story has to bend backwards to fit his ideals since he is the leader of the Alliance. As a side character he would be fine but as the leader of the Alliance he is garbage.

Also Turalyon doesn’t have to end up villain batted if Blizzard would stop with their hard on for the Wrynn family and could actually write Anduin as not always being right. Also who is to say Turalyon wouldn’t step down and it is the people who want him as the leader, he isn’t causing the problems, it is the rest of the Alliance.

2 Likes

Sigh … so what this thread is is the traditional Alliance:

I covet the attention that I believe the Horde just got, but not the type of attention they received. We should get that same focus, but none of the consequences. No significant character deaths; No villain batting; No spending half the expansion killing our own people alongside the other Faction; No damage to the Faction identity; and no rendering entire racial fantasies sterile and without representation”.

I suppose its not wrong to demand such things, outside of some the power fantasy expectations I see occasionally floated around. However, I do find it odd that there always seems to be this “The Horde Playerbase deserved to get treated the way they did” laced in this sort of topic.

7 Likes