Alliance epics ESPECIALLY bad tonight 🥴

Just sort of chillin right now, feeling kinda burned out on visions/assaults/dailies… I just can’t be bothered with such mind-numbingly boring content :roll_eyes: :-1: , maybe I’ll get to it on the weekend or something.

Anyways, been spamming Alliance epics tonight for kicks and giggles, here are the results so far…

Game 1 - Isle of Conquest

In-progress loss, zoned in when the Alliance general was already around 73% - so I apparently came in right at the end of the match. Open the map and sure enough, Horde controls hangar. Game ends about 1 minute later.

Game 2 - Wintergrasp

In-progress loss (on offense), zone in and it’s Horde 19 vehicles to Alliance 0 vehicles. 29 minutes still on the clock. I open up the map to assess the situation, and then promptly afk out.

Game 3 - Wintergrasp

In-progress loss (on offense), zone in and it’s Horde 15 vehicles to Alliance 2 vehicles. Alliance is respawning at Westpark GY, and that’s where I zone in. About 36 minutes still left on the clock, so I promptly afk out.

Game 4 - Isle of Conquest

Fresh game. The opener goes well, Alliance wins hangar teamfight and it’s looking good. PUGs are also staying on top of killing vehicles. But airship gunners are hitting the front gate for some reason (???).

At some point when the Horde gate is around 63% Horde sends a surprise attack force of 8-9 Horde to hangar and ninjas the flag from the 2-3 Alliance there. Then it’s all downhill from there, Horde also ninjas docks so they end up with both docks and hangar. We never recover from losing hangar, and end up losing.

Game 5 - Ashran

In-progress loss, zone in and score is A: 78 to H: 133. Take a quick glance at the carnage, and ogre is advancing from mid and people are afking out. Decide to hide off to the side while Horde kills mage, games ends shortly after on points.

Game 6 - Ashran

In-progress loss, zone in and score is something like A: 17 to H: 103. Decide to wait out the loss in the Alliance keep.

Game 7 - Ashran

Fresh game finally, also notice Kindia on the team. Some rando calls for backdoor at the start, but the attempt ends up getting botched/screwed up by incompetence and we get wiped by returning Horde + gladiator NPCs. People start to afk out immediately after the backdoor attempt fails, I afk out shortly after.

yikes, not a single win so far :joy:

I’m wondering if the current, heightened Horde queue time of 26-28 minutes has anything to do with these results :thinking:

Taking a break for now, might do some more later.

1 Like

Definitely a git gud situation.

1 Like

I’m kidding of course. : )

Those back door efforts are pretty hilarious. It could work with a tight group and some competent rogues for stealth.

Yeah tonight was brutal on the Alliance epic scene.

1 Like

The only good epic BG is AV. The rest are just trash whether you win or lose. AFK is ftw

Went on to do 2 more after break…

Game 8 - Alterac Valley

Fresh game. Nothing special happened really, just “the usual” of Horde defending and Alliance not defending. Horde started on Vanndar while Alliance was still “bogged down” at Frostwolf GY and was unable to push any further (about 13-14 Horde were turtling the Frostwolf entrance). Pretty quick loss, was over in about 16 minutes.

Game 9 - Ashran

Fresh game. This time the PUGs decided to do a Jeron/mage rush. But it ended up being botched (surprise surprise) when like 1/3 of the team decided to dismount to fight 5-6 Horde around the base of the tower. Someone blew hero to fight these handful of Horde :roll_eyes:

Then people did not LoS the “Living Bomb” mechanic - so the Alliance team got knocked off the tower in a bunch of different directions… just as Horde was starting to trickle back in from the Dark Woods. Horde picked off the people who got knocked off the tower, and the score quickly became A: 122 to H: 147. Then people started afking out, I afked out as well.

I think I’m done for tonight, what a rough night lol

I’m about 0 for 6 in epics. All very lopsided losses. Definitely a bad day for alliance.

2 Likes

Of the epics, I do prefer AV.
Specifically because it is much easier to single people out and have 1v1-2 fights. The other epics have too much sperg zergs. Which is why I generally don’t play epics anyway.

Apparently yester day/night alliance were doing pretty good in eBGs. I only had time to play one horde side, and it was a doozy. It was an IoC where horde lost the initial Hangar push, then had a bunch of bad vehicle drivers that asked things like “where do i go,” then most of the team basically ran around uselessly all over the map. It felt like playing with rerolls rather than the usual horde. Ah well. :laughing:

dear diary

Horde defense has been forced back from IBT / TP to the base because Alliance has started skipping towers. It’s literally the only way for horde to win now as the zerg strategy is back from the Ally side .

It’s time to buff the NPC’s… anytime the bosses can be killed without all the towers down , AV becomes less fun .

The Horde have dedicated Wintergrasp groups led by an Australian guy who does nothing but Wintergrasp and merely beats unorganized teams of cycled out Alliance who aren’t even trying to win the battleground.

You do realize that means Horde can skip bunkers as well, right? I guess if Horde don’t have a 100% winrate by defending in AV then it needs to be changed to where the NPC’s 1-2 shot players to help Horde defense.

1 Like

Sure they can but it leads to fast games … when we need all towers we get to farm alliance for a while . Don’t you like that ? :man_shrugging:t4:

I’m a rogue, I don’t have much fun in the big team fights. I have more fun rushing a DB bunker and defending it from the Alliance who come to try and back cap. When I die I can just insta rez in my corpse and interrupt them from capping it. What a dumb bug that has yet to be fixed. :rofl:

That happens ?? :joy::joy:

There is usually a few. Unless they succeed on offense then they don’t even bother to defend. If Horde defense succeeds then the rezzers will attempt to get DB back. That’s why I always make sure to try and get a group to come with me to rush DB at the start and tell them to insta rez inside the bunker when they die. If we can burn DB bunkers early then it’s always a sure win.

1 Like

“The Horde have dedicated Wintergrasp groups led by an Australian guy who does nothing but Wintergrasp and merely beats unorganized teams of cycled out Alliance who aren’t even trying to win the battleground.”

You’re welcome. :sunglasses: Also the npcs in AV part: upgraded guards are what you are looking for. Veteran guards are rare but doable in modern AV.

1 Like

In Aussie/NZ time in the evening - alliance are often up again 10-20 hordies who play together regularly, know the epic bgs inside out, and just get the job done. Something I never found on alliance, and I’ve played both sides. Right Gov and Pipi? :smile:

Brb pop after a 40 minute queue.

Enjoy the win!

Due to a lack of being able to post links, uh we summoned icelord and won that AV with 3 towers still up

I don’t just beat backfillers in wintergrasp. They’re also in AV :slight_smile: That was a joke.