Alliance enlistment bonus REMOVED?

Pretty huge if this isn’t just a bug/unintended. Not sure if anyone else has noticed.

Usually I see “You have been awarded 15 honor points”, now only seeing “You have been awarded 10 honor points”. Not seeing the little enlistment “icon” on the UI either. And yes, this is on an Alliance character.

Not seeing anything in the patch notes regarding this, possible “undocumented” change?

rip honor-leech afkers and Alliance alts :sob:

Probably enough on both sides queuing up. That was just a buff if not enough Alliance queued.

6 Likes

I hope that’s the case.

If the buff was stealth-removed that would seriously throw a wrench in my plans (I have everything planned out w/ the honor buff in mind). It probably sounds like a minor thing to an outsider, but it’s actually massive imo.

I bet I’m not the only one either. I’m calling it now: if the buff is removed a lot of people will just outright abandon their Alliance alts.

I’m going with Jugaa in that I think it’s b/c a lot of people are queueing on both sides since there are a lot of people logging in for this prepatch.

It could be busted. So far in BG’s, I’ve seen Cooking Impossible busted for at least 2 hours for the horde. Still no hk’s in Battlegrounds (which is a big enough bug for me since I like collecting HK’s that I’m not doing any more bg’s until it’s fixed).

Or they removed it since honor gear is a bigger thing now.

So I swapped over to one of my Horde toons just now to double-check your theory of “the buff turned itself off because everyone is queuing bgs tonight”

I’m looking at the queue time for an epic bg right now, and it says…

Meanwhile on the Alliance alt I just logged out of, the average wait time said “3 minutes”…

So obviously with such a large difference in queue times more Horde are still queuing up than Alliance, despite the prepatch.

It would be nice to have a blue clarify or comment on this, it’s not cool to sneak in these undocumented stealth-changes. At least include these kinds of changes in the patch notes, so players can prepare/adjust accordingly.

Leading up to today I didn’t see a single word about “enlistment bonus” in any of the official patch notes.

1 Like

maybe it’s just because 50 isn’t max level? i swear i seen it still on PTR though.

1 Like

Was it active in the sub-120 BFA bg brackets? I haven’t played a lowbie bg in years, so one of you with lowbie alts or recently-leveled alts should know.

Good point though, I hadn’t thought about the “max level” factor. Is it possible that because we are no longer considered “max level” (according to the game), the buff turned itself off? I dunno

yeah, i believe that is the case. it was never available below max level. considering the prepatch will be long though they should have kept it temporarily

Yea, was just a guess. Or it’s leaving because honor for honor gear is a thing now.

i can also see this being true. yeah a faction is low populated but i doubt they would allow a side to be able to get gear faster

That’s not really a good reason to remove it though. Imagine removing something from the game because one faction might farm LFR-quality gear a little faster :woozy_face: :rofl:

As if one side (Alliance) getting crappy gear a week or two earlier would have any effect on their precious “world first” race :man_facepalming:

The truth is, bg/honor gear will only be relevant for like the first 2 weeks of SL anyways. Once the season starts/Mythic+ opens up the bg/honor gear will just be vendored for some spare change (just like BFA bg gear gets vendored now).

Alliance being able to farm LFR-quality gear faster due to the enlistment buff is hardly a game-breaking thing or “the end of the world”, it doesn’t really matter.

2 Likes

Doesn’t matter.

1 Like

although i do think it would bring in a lot more alliance players if they could get gear faster. the fact is they would still get gear faster and they would also take a hit from that. whether it’s low quality or not. we are in 2020 and everything is “unfair”

Good, one side never should have gotten such a stupid unfair advantage in the first place.

You must not understand what it means to have a fair and balanced game…imagine honestly thinking one side getting ANYthing faster / better just because they’re a certain faction is somehow fair… :joy: :joy: Guess when alliance players cry for so long they start to actually believe it’s fair that they get free stuff…yikes.

It’s not just about world firsts…It’s about making the game fair. Everyone’s paying $15 a month to play. Why should I, a horde player since vanilla, be forced to play the game / farm twice as long? Because alliance players non stop complain? That’s stupid.

Wrong, It’s always relevant for alts and everything all throughout. One side being able to gear faster is unfair and dumb.

Yeah because nobody ever plays alts? I literally refused to play alts because of how long it took to gear up and how easy it was for alliance players. I just stayed on my main and ganked alliance players non-stop

Imagine thinking one side getting LITERAL unfair advantages is not game breaking…It’s literally favoritism. Also if It’s not that big of a deal, why are you upset about it? It’s JUST LFR quality gear…it shouldn’t matter, like you say. Make the game fair for both factions…

Yeah, It’s not cool to make the game fair for both factions. How propserterous! It’s common sense, the game should be fair for both sides.

They already get gear faster by having shorter que times, that’s already unfair advantage enough.

Yes, make it fair by evening out the population imbalance.

There’s already the wPvP quest that gives out a free piece of normal raid tier gear to the underpopulated faction. So giving out gear to one faction but not the other is already in the game. Personally, I don’t really care. I’ll get my gear via whatever method is easiest (probably mythic+/heroic raids).

You’re either a troll or you just haven’t played Alliance. If you think it’s so great to have fast queues, why don’t you main Alliance for a few months and see what it’s like?

2 Likes

Honestly Alliance aren’t that bad. If you’re a person who quits in the first 2 mins then yeah they almost always look bad in the first 2 mins. But if you hang around you can usually get near 40% wins. That’s my experience. The honor buff should come back though as it is a good incentive to play alliance.

I find the biggest issue is that if you solo queue you are often put into an in progress loss, but if you queue as a group that happens less often.

I think the important thing regardless of what faction you play (but especially as Alliance) is you want to be as good as you can possibly be (both gear- and skill-wise) so you can help the team win more often. I think if more people who played Alliance had this attitude we would be much better off both in PvP and PvE. In other words: don’t be the carried; be the one who carries.