Alliance Elves really needs better treatment

It’s pretty much obvious the Alliance never really has gotten a single good Elven City or Land at all, Heck let allow even more Screentime in General aside of Night Elves but even when they are on Screen they just got pushed aside for WoW’s Plot Armored Character throughout the Story leaving others like Maiev, Malfurian, Jared, and etc behind.

As for the High Elves or Void Elves now in days. What about them? They are just only used for now in days for Easter Eggs, NPCS, and for Show instead of actually doing something and showing us the Actually Lore ingame for Alliance Thalassian Elves that never gotten a Chance since Legion and barely in Battle for Azeroth aside of few show ups here and there.

I really would like it so much if Blizzard instead of giving the Horde more Elven Lands and Cities how about the Alliance Finally got something like Actually Elven Allie lands that is Thalassian Mixed with other Themes, or Kalderei Night Elves that have finally got back their lands from the Horde in Ashenvale, Darkshore, and etc or just a Actually good home city for once.

So far it’s just no Elven Lands or Cities for Alliance and Horde only and they never had gotten threaten at all not even single once and or anything after Legion with the Nightborne or the Blood Elves in Silvermoon and they never had any Threats for them at all.

I kind of would like to see some Better Treatment and Screentime for once for Alliance Elves. Not Just Night Elves but the Thalassian Elves who joined with the Alliance in Warcraft 2 Outlands, Void Elves, and the Silver Covenant who is just in the background doing nothing.

I just want Variety and awesome moments than nothing or terrible half cut excuses or conclusions that is just Terrible and Disgusting for the Story on the Alliance.

20 Likes

They say that Alliance elves are…

Null and void.

In all seriousness - obvious +1 from me.

13 Likes

I agree with more Night Elf content, and in general exploration beyond Stormwind in more of a rebuilding/building up sense over yet another “stuff gets wrecked, go chase this dude into a dungeon as part of the build up to a raid” experience.

I am very iffy on anything Thalassian with the Alliance outside of developing the Void Elves (which I think could have their own college of sorts. A city is way too big for their size), which should not nor needs to be to the detriment of Blood Elven identity. Alliance High Elf development runs the risk of basically giving the Alliance more of the Blood Elf pie but with all the grit sanded off to just the most generic Alliance “Horde did wrong to us in the past, we hate them”. With the seeming continuation of staunch faction division outside of the leadership, I don’t really look forward to any possible plotline where the High Elves come across as an apparently equal counterpart to not just a narrow subgroup of Blood Elves but rather the entire Horde aligned majority. I do not trust Blizzard to not fall back on either villainizing the Horde or having the Alliance do something questionable that ultimately doesn’t really get properly addressed and just used to (poorly) justify more “THE ALLIANCE MUST BURN” bloodlust and lunacy.

Which is then used to victimize the Alliance again, and the cycle repeats.

14 Likes

The Alliance Elves who remain, so the Void Elves and High Elves?..

In reality Blizzard will never give us new capital cities for races unless they’re expansion hubs. Also the Void Elves kind of have their rift as a home even if it’s not pretty, I don’t think we’ll ever see a High Elf city since they’re not officially playable and Night Elves, well we know what happened to Night Elves and why a city for them isn’t needed anymore due to the lack of any population.
If the Night Elves weren’t basically extinct, a city in Hyjal or an updated Teldrassil would’ve been nice but nowadays that’s nothing to even think about or consider anymore.

1 Like

Boo! Boo!

The Void Elves deserve more than just a rift in space. I figured with their leaders being Alleria and Vareesa, getting along shouldn’t be too much of a problem. A shared settlement would be neat.

Unfortunately. Suramar is magnificent but it’s beyond us now.

1 Like

Alliance elves outside night elves is like the equivalent of two mercenary companies and their families. They are clearly more interested in human society and customs than the one that brought them into existence.

18 Likes

I would’ve taken your post seriously and with credibility if you could actually spell the night elves’ names.

1 Like

Darnassus was a classic elven city with bonus points for not going the typical D+D tropes in it’s aesthetics.

6 Likes

If we could only go back and undo nightborne and void elves.

1 Like

Even though I think their story is awful, the void elves were a perfectly fine concession by blizzard to placate the fanatical High elf crowd and it’s hilarious how little it did to satiate that crew.

9 Likes

If there wasn’t such a faction divide, I wouldn’t mind Alliance High Elves as playable group (provided they remember Blood Elves have rangers too, so both should have tattoos).

As it is however, I do not want the encouragement of the “Quel’thalas Vult” mentality or the sense of it being the “true legacy” that could easily happen.

10 Likes

It’s a group that has shown itself to never, ever be satisfied.

You give them a belf spin-off race? They demand proper high elves.

You give them high elves? They demand inclusion in all Belf stories (and not as the antagonists).

You give them story relevance? They want Silvermoon.

28 Likes

What’s bad about it?

It pushes a small subgroup that mostly lives in human cities as equal to the actual full culture and even worse, as simply them but morally superior.

Imagine Nightborne if they were actually aesthetically identical to Night Elves, had their own sentinels, wardens and druids and made the Alliance share Night Elf development stories with the Horde beyond just letting them quest.

And it encouraged demands for taking Night Elf territory.

27 Likes

Would they suffer as much as we do?

The Horde claims our territory anyway. Just a little more weighty reasons will appear than “you owe us by definition, otherwise we will kill you”.

What does it mean?

1 Like

With the exception of legacy characters I don’t even think high elves should be in the alliance.

10 Likes

Alliance Elf time.
Night Elves got screwed hard by BfA but i feel like the current team is trying to fix it. Exploring Kalimdor basically states they regained all their land, we had Tyrande kill Nathanos and then beat up Sylvanas (Who had to live since the team needs to also redeem her to try and fix the games morality after BfA, at least they didn’t have Tyrande spare her but be held back because Elune values her life more then Sylvanas’ death). If their succeeding in fixing them is another thing entirely, but i definately feel they’re trying.

High Elves suffer from the fact they’ll never actually be playable, literally in lore being a palette swap of Blood Elves. The Blood Elves aren’t gonna just give up their lands to the High Elves. Maybe if the lodges werent all destroyed for literally no reason maybe, but High Elves shouldn’t be a priority. Blood Elves also need to be developed since they get ignored most of the time, and being a playable race should take priority over High Elves being developed.

I honestly feel like high elves are just kinda something WoW should just drop at this point. The developers have stated they have literally no desire to make them playable (being more of a palate swap then literally any other allied race) and it seems cruel to just use this literal horde race as major alliance nocs, especially when they get more story presence then the actual horde race.

2 Likes

What makes you think this? They are doubling down on their misery in Shadowlands. With Elune abandoning them, the souls of their people (that were also their last hope as a race population wise) getting obliterated in the maw and more…

I also didn’t see this anywhere. Also the book isn’t even out yet, and the few previews didn’t mention such a thing.

Who still got out of the situation in the end, and with the entire Night Warrior build up thrown out of the window because Elune wanted to save Sylvanas, so she abandoned Tyrande and the Night Elf souls.

I don’t feel like they’re trying to fix anything for the Night Elves at all. They lost basically everything in BfA and then in Shadowlands, the writers took away any hope for justice, a resolution or rebuilding with the Night Elf souls also obliterated in the maw.

3 Likes

We know for a fact Rexxar isn’t allowed in the forest at all, since the Nelves have banned all travel to and from them with the Horde. It’s not them going out and saying “Night Elves regained their lands” but its so heavilly implied thats the case youd have to be delusional not to see it.

…wasn’t her reasoning for stopping Tyrande from killing sylvanas her NOT wanting Tyrande to throw her life away for revenge? That Elune values Tyrande’s life more then Sylvanas’ death? She took the powers since Tyrande was gonna be killed by their overuse.

Like seriously i get nelves have it rough, but I think you guys are letting your self-pity and hatred for the writing team ignore obvious attempts to fix the nelves without derailing the entire god damn story to do so.

1 Like

But was this mentioned for Ashenvale? It was mentioned that they can’t enter Night Elf territory, which would be Darkshore I guess, but how would they get to Azuremyst Isle in the first place then?

You don’t really know that, and considering that Elune also abandoned the Night Elf souls to be obliterated in the maw I think it’s clear that she doesn’t exactly care about them.
Also, Elune granted Tyrande the power for years, but she couldn’t have granted her the powers for a few more seconds? I’m not believing that.

Well, I had quite a few suggestions on how to give the Night Elves some positive development instead of negative without changing the rest of the story, you can give it a read here if you want:

I think at this point, when they even failed to give us any positive development in Shadowlands and even let the souls be obliterated when we had such a good opportunity to free them instead, the only explanation is that the writers truly hate Night Elves.
Also with the Horde getting Ashenvale and all that…