Alliance bg’ers...pls fight till the end

Winning or losing is irrelevant in PvP. Just how you, yourself play it. Grow some balls and fight your best fight to the end. Every fight, encounter is practice for you, and PvP fight itself is fun. Why you in there. Horde team rarely gives up, even though they are being stomped, and sometimes turn a losing game to a win, cause alliance sometimes stop doing objectives when winning. They give us entertainment of a good fight to the very end. Be like Horde…

10 Likes

You’re not gonna change the Alliance, friend :stuck_out_tongue:

My theory is that Alliance players are spoiled by their ultra-fast 2-6 minute queue times/pops… so when they lose it’s more of a “meh, i’ll just take deserter and try again soon” type thing. Losing bgs are “disposable” to the Alliance player, it’s “whatever” when he gets stomped and “no big deal” (since he is used to it).

On the other hand, the Horde player can sometimes be waiting upwards of 22-25 minutes to get into a bg (epics anyway), so the Horde player has MUCH more at stake/on the line :grimacing: Just the long queue time alone is a strong incentive to keep fighting hard til the end or at least try to “turn around” a losing bg.

If a Horde player is in a losing bg, he knows it will be a MINIMUM of 30-40+ minutes before he can get into another bg (factoring in 15 minute deserter + the 15-25 minute queue time). So it could just be that a lot of Horde players simply try harder because of everything I just mentioned, even ignoring all the other stuff such as gear and iLvL.

9 Likes

If an alliance player zones into a wintergrasp with 30 minutes left and they’re being GY camped by 20 vehicles he would be an absolute moron not to /afk out.

11 Likes

The pvp experience is everything

Right now that experience is unbalanced and poorly matched, mixed with a complete inability for anyone to ‘catch up’ gear/abilities/essences in a reasonable amount of time

There is literally no reason to stay in losses anymore

You used to use honor to buy solid pvp gear from a vendor, which motivated staying in a loss

Nowadays you are often just trying to get 1 win for the tiny amount of conquest so the faster you leave a loss the better, and just juggle q’s between alts or just play something else

You will NEVER solve players leaving, you have to design for a compelling reward or experience regardless of outcome

And I’ve seen horde leaving tons of matches when they used to be the down pvp faction

5 Likes

The main trouble in epics is it so unbalanced allience usally start down 7-10 people. Its got to the point i dont even do epic anymore and instead will just wait for them to do away with factions altogether.

2 Likes

Yesterday a wintergrasp match started with 30 horde and 19 alliance.

2 Likes

This needs to happen. horde is pretty much 100% win at this point. just have team versus team. no factions

5 Likes

Agree with this. I mean, if I’m nice I would say maybe some of them are just “people who like brainless PvP.” But if they are that they better have WM on all the time or have rolled a PvP server in classic. lol

1 Like

Exactly.

Yeah, you’ll have those people who come on threads and say, “No, you must always stay in a BG regardless of how useless and unfun it is. Because I say you must. Because if you don’t you’re an immoral person who should be flogged on your softest body parts with the dried, gnarled ends of pumpkin vines.” Well, screw those people, cuz they’re :coconut:s.

3 Likes

Or you just find a small skirmish somewhere. Or stay somewhere and enjoy chat. Or do something irl. But tbh, the longest a WG goes is 32 minutes assuming defense burns towers. If they zone in with 30 minutes left, it’s likely to decrease in time.

They could spend the time to practice playing their character in PVP.

3 Likes

Horde leave too. It’s only less than Alliance because they know that deserter plus time waiting for another BG to pop means at least 30 mins of twiddling thumb.

Make deserter time 30 minutes and see how Alliance stop leaving BG’s.

2 Likes

Getting instakilled by vehicles isn’t very educational.

6 Likes

You can avoid them. Usually they are grouped together, either defending or attacking.

You’re right, you should probably just AFK out.

1 Like

This is true, Horde might still leave when getting absolutely stomped (for example, up against a premade etc)… but I’ve NEVER seen the “mass leaving” that I sometimes see in Alliance epics :rofl:

Recently I’ve been in a WG game where the Alliance team literally ragequit all the way down to 17/40 players after losing the first SR teamfight. A while back Jarawana even posted a screenshot of one WG game where Alliance ragequit all the way down to 14/40 players.

Horde team might dip down to 34-35/40 players during a bad loss, but personally I’ve never seen literally OVER HALF THE TEAM leave/ragequit like I’ve sometimes witnessed in Alliance epics :grimacing:

If you think about it, 23-26 players suddenly leaving from a 40 man team is actually kinda insane, that’s literally like 60% of the team gone :joy:

1 Like

It depends on the situation really, yeah I wish people would stop leaving in mass and just try their heart out even if it’s a loss. But I can understand why people leave at times especially if it seems like it’s an organized team vs a bunch of randoms, of if they’re just getting graveyard camped.

If you want to see people with a bad attitude eventually changing their minds and staying in games you need to foster a more positive environment. It of course won’t make everyone change but it will have an impact.

Personally I just can’t take anyone that uses crying emojis while talking about something like this seriously if I’m being honest. But then again to be fair I’m fairly casual as all hell when it comes to pvp so what do I know honestly.

Haha 100%! it’s casual PvP you can queue with 2 other geared and skilled people and you will dominate every game.

In the small 10/15-man bgs maybe, in the 40-man bgs 2-3 good people are simply not enough to “carry” the other 37-38 players (if they are bad or undergeared).

2-3 motivated players won’t carry or dominate but they can certainly make a difference in Epic BG’s like AV and IOC.