Alliance, beware of joining <F E A R>

I’ll give you the full story, starting with some background information, and a list of people involved. There are a few key players in this whole thing: Myself, a RL friend of mine (L), the guild leader (GL), the raid leader (RL), and two officers: (B, and K). Up until BWL was released, the loot rules were always 1 MS item, 1 OS item, with resets at Domo, and who the item went to was based on a roll. After the first day of BWL, the guild leaders made the decision to switch to a loot council.

So I guess it all starts on BWL day 1. It went smooth. Downed a boss, rolled on loot, everyone’s happy. On our second raid for BWL, we downed some more bosses, and loot was distributed via loot council. At this point, we had all been instructed to send a loot list to the RL that included what items we needed. The first week of BWL went well as far as loot is concerned, mostly because we got some icky drops. After night 2 of BWL, we decided to do an Onyxia run for those who weren’t saved. Myself and another resto Druid (K) were in the raid. K whispered me that he needed the T2 helm, and that one of us could do Onyxia the next day if that was cool. I told him I was unable to raid the next night and he said “that’s cool I’ll go tomorrow” and left. Well, the RL whispered me asking if I’d be cool with reserving the Druid t2 for K. I said fine, but it didn’t drop.

Fast forward to next week’s BWL. I was benched. No biggie. My friend L was not, and his T2 belt dropped, which he had included on his list. The guild asked if anyone needed it from their list. L said he had it on his, and was ignored. They proceeded to send the loot to their friend, another mage, who was still in greens and down towards the bottom of the meters, saying he needed it the most. Obviously L was not happy about this. Moving forward to last night, we ran Onyxia again. Lo and behold, myself and K are once again the only resto druids. No mention was made of reserving the Druid t2 helm this time. In fact, the only item that we reserved was the Onyxia head. Everything else was to be rolled on. People even asked if we were going to use loot council on anything, to which the reply from B, who was in charge of the raid and ML, was “we are only using loot council for BWL and Rag.” Well, the T2 Druid helm dropped. B linked it in chat and said “ROLL.” I rolled an 82. I was happy, but you could hear the disappointment in discord everyone expressed their displeasure with a fellow guild member rolling a high number on an item that was a huge upgrade. Then they gave the item for K, who hadn’t even rolled.

When I asked why we suddenly changed the rules for one specific item, I was told “you were told we were reserving it for K last week.” I explained that yes, I was cool with that for last week’s run, but I probably would’ve chosen a different ony night if I had known that I wasn’t able to roll on the item (plus, they literally told everyone that needed it to roll on it, and that no items from Ony would be subject to loot council). Throughout the entire thing, the GL and RL were present and said NOTHING. When I asked about it, they pulled me into a private channel and basically told me I was being selfish about it and that it’s “only Ony loot.” One of the officers proceeded to tell me that I’m “just some guy in the raid.” as well.

Why am I posting this? Two reasons. To serve as a warning to anyone considering joining this guild first and foremost. The other reason is because I submitted a ticket, and while the GM agreed that this was a clear cut case of ninja looting, they also told me there is nothing they can do about it and the best thing I could do is bring it to the attention of the WoW Classic community.

Here’s the kicker: I had already agreed to pass on the helm before. All they had to do was ask. But even when I won the roll, I never got so much as a whisper saying “hey we didn’t mean to tell you to roll on that” or anything. They just disregarded my roll (and their stated loot rules) as soon as it became apparent that one of their officers may not get the loot they wanted.

So, there you have it. Another case of a guild using loot council to gear up their inner circle while screwing their members. The cherry on top of it all is that in both cases, both L and I outperformed the people who were given the loot… by a lot.

TLDR: Don’t join FEAR unless you like getting gear ninja’d.

8 Likes

sounds like a sticky situation.

“Loot Council” is just another term for “Nepotism.” When I was with Phoenix, we did an Ony and the head was on olen rolls. I rolled a 100, and the head was loot counciled away from me. No biggie, I thought, it sounds like he earned it anyway. A few days later, I was /gkicked wben I was offline, and the GM sent me a very non-descriptive Discord message informing me.

In the end, tho, the last laugh was mine, as Phoenix is now suffering from stage 4 drama cancer, and although my tag still says Phoenix (in the forums, anyway), I’ve found a new guild that actually has a place for mr in the tank team.

TL;DR - Loot Council is cancer. If your guild uses loot council, find a new guild.

Yeah loot council is trash, wont ever catch me joining that sh!t, hope you took other guildies with you… Trash like that dont need to be carried by their “lessers”

1 Like

sounds like a nightmare. Loot council only works in hardcore guilds. semi-hardcore / casual guilds using loot council is simply corruption in disguise.

The funny thing is that many non-hardcore people who use loot council to get loot are still terribad on the logs.

1 Like

it’s funny how people twist the stories to make themselves feel like the victim. We reserved the head the week before because our officer had passed the helm to two other Druid the last two times it dropped and we had a new Druid coming in so we wanted to make it clear. Just because it didn’t drop the week before doesn’t mean it’s not reserved anymore and Juwid even acknowledged that it was reserved when it dropped. We had an officer that wasn’t at the previous Ony as leader that day so he was unaware of it at the time. The second he put it up to roll we made it clear that it was already on reserve for the Druid that had already passed it twice for other people. We tried to explain this to him in discord over and over for about 45 minutes to an hour but he kept coming back to being sour about loot. This guy had been in our guild for a short period of time, raided with us once or twice and clearly has a issue with absorbing things that are said to him. Truthfully this guy didn’t out preform anyone and you can check his Warcraft logs to prove it. He had been 60 for a week and came into our raids thinking he was going to be handed loot when it was already explained to him. We tried to work with him and make it right but all he did was complain and moan like a man child and cry and leave when he didn’t get his way

17 Likes

Error 404: missing pre-raid bis for progression. LUL

7 Likes

None if my business but you see this mindset all the time. As far as I can see, if you are new to a guild, chill out and wait.

It s not rocket science.

Besides, People from FEAR have always seemed very nice to me. /shrug

Oops necroed this… sorry.

1 Like

The fact of the matter is that it was stated at the beginning of the run that the ONLY thing not being rolled on was the Ony head. It was even asked BEFORE loot was distributed if it was open roll or being LC’d. The reply was “LC is only for BWL.” Then the helm was linked, and the loot master said “ROLL.” I rolled, and the other druid didn’t. The helm was looted to the person who DIDN’T EVEN ROLL. You can say I whined all you want, but the fact of the matter is that you lied about how the loot was being distributed, then just gave it to who YOU wanted the loot to go to, then told me to piss off, because "It’s only ony loot.’

Yeah, it’s “only ony loot” that you felt so strongly about that you completely disregarded the prestated loot rules to give it to one of your officers over someone that won the roll. Then you personally attack me for having the nerve to say something about your ninja looting.

Its all good though. I found a guild that distributes loot honestly, and doesn’t wipe on Flamegor for 4 hours. LMAO. Ya’ll clear BWL yet?

1 Like

had my first encounter with the guild the other day. Terrible, just god aweful and toxic. I wasnt trying to join cause im llama 4 lyfe, but pugging with them and toxicity.

Can someone remind them that casuals are yolo farming bwl with double ret prot paladins and this game isnt hard. Why so serious?

4 Likes