Alliance allied race tip

So I have unlocked most of the allied races on both horde and alliance and I figured it would be nice to let new and returning players a small piece of advice. If you are trying to unlock the allied races for the alliance lick your characters xp once you hit 50. I say this because for at least three of the races you have to do dungeons as part of the quest line, and once you hit 51 you can no longer queue.

6 Likes

This need to be more visible. Given that soloing the dungeons isn’t a given at right now 60 (especially the ones that only have heroic modes) it really can be a hard block for people without in game friends willing to help them out.

3 Likes

Oh wow, this is why I can’t que for Motherlode. My Dwarf mage hit 51. Looks like I gotta make a new toon to unlock Dark Iron =(

Thank you so much for sharing this both of you.

Unfortunately, I’m not sure that will work. I don’t think another character will be able to start the unlock quests if you’ve started in on another character. (The unlock is account wide, so can only be done once.)

Your best bet is going to be to find some people to run the dungeon with manually. If you don’t have friends or guildies, you can use the custom section of the pre-made group finder to look for or start a group. (Because most people don’t realize it’s going to be a problem, there will be others in a similar situation.)

You can do the unlock quests with any character on your account thats alliance. Might be easier to do it with a pre-made instead of leveling up another character though. And you would start at the beginning of the unlock quests.

Are allied races something you can unlock in a few hours/days or does it take weeks? Mainly interested in Vulpera.

It doesn’t take weeks. You just have to get the achievements done. For vulnerable its the main quest line in the zone with the snake guys (dont remember the name). I got the achievement for them while working on the zandalar trolls and just for them its really short.

The time to unlock them varies dramatically. Highmountain and Vulpera are probably two of the quickest to unlock, as they just require questing through one zone.

Lightforged and Void Elves aren’t too bad, but they do require unlocking Legion world quests and the Broken Shore just to even get started on their quests. Nightborn has a lot of questing but at 50 it goes fairly fast. There is a quest that might take two days. (It’s to do world quests, and unless you pet battle you might not have enough without waiting for new quest spawns.)

Mechagnomes aren’t too bad. I think some of the quests are rep-gated, though.

Kul Tiran and Zandalar are the most involved, as you need to do pretty much all of the leveling zone content as well as a good chunk of the war campaign. You won’t find any time gates, though. Still, you could be looking at 15+ hours of content to get through. Mag’har and Dark Iron’s requirements actually will get done while doing the requirements for Kul Tiran and Zandalar.

and doing the zandalar will get you mag’har orcs and vulpera

I dont own Shadowlands yet…for those of you that own Shadowlands can you select Chromie time for BFA and see BFA dungeons?

Since i only own BFA telling Chromie to send me to the current timeline sends me to BFA time. For Shadowlands owners when you tell Chromie to send you to the current timeline where does it send you? or is Chromie time even an option if you are level 51+?

I didn’t mess around with Chromie time until after I had already bought SL, but from what I understand you need at least 1 lvl 50 on your account to select Chromie Time, after that any toon including new ones you just make can also select it.

You don’t need shadowlands for chromie time as I used it before I bought shadowlands and prepatch. If you are not yet 51 your current timeliness is bfa

I wanted to know what Shadowlands owners see, i wasnt asking about BFA…i know what they see cause i own it still.

If you own Shadowlands and you ask Chromie to return you to your current time do you get sent to BFA still? or do you get sent to Shadowlands timeline. Asking to see if its implemented now or if its not until later in the expac. Also for Shadowlands owners does Chromie time have an option to go to BFA along with Outlands, WOTLK, MoP, etc?

So pretty sure once you hit 50 chromis time is. O longer an option

Its not, whatever Chromie time you are in ends and you get a 1 minute teleport warning that the campaign is about to end.

If you have Shadowlands and a high enough to start it, then Chromie gives you a message about taking care of things in Icecrown (IE, moving on to Shadowlands content.)

BfA is considered “current timeline” for low level characters regardless of if you have Shadowlands. (It really just means it scales to 50 without needing Chromie Time.)

I have been able to drop the starter quest for Shadowlands on a level 48 and quickly turn Chromie Time back on before the quest repops, although I don’t know how repeatable that is.

Without Chromie Time, all players below 48 (and players up to 50 without shadowlands) are in the BfA timeline.

Keep in mind that Chromie Time appears to have a pretty limited affect on the actual phasing of main cities. For example, even in Chromie Time for Cataclsym, I can’t turn in the Twilight Highlands Hero’s Call quest because the Shadowlands phasing is there and they forgot to move the turn in to Admiral Jes-Teth after Anduin disappeared. Everyone, even players without Shadowlands will still see that Shadowlands phasing in the main cities. (Unless they have a quest that overrides it, but as mentioned, that’s not 100% “right” yet.) Everyone plays the same game client. Account level (starter, base, or Shadowlands) just affects what content is unlocked to you.

can i group with other people to help me with the allied races