Alleria's whole story makes no sense given there is a void elf paladin in-game

What’s the point of building this hype for the void being so dangerous in the lore, and then also in the game’s visual worldbuilding showing us how discipline priests and void elf paladins being capable of easily weaving both at their will?

Doesn’t that just invalidate the Alleria story arch as a whole?

3 Likes

Her whole story makes no sense because she doesn’t seem to have gained any actual benefits from the void. It just made her estranged from her family and gave her the insanity whispers.

That goes for all the void elves really.

13 Likes

Maybe it’s akin to someone who put in a lot of effort to get a doctorate and now has to make immense student loan payments noticing that one of their coworkers has no formal education, and just got the position through social or familial connections.

Maybe that Void Elf paladin just has individual circumstances that eliminated all tragedy and struggle with the void from their life, which Alleria wasn’t graced with.

She’s still in debt to the Void Lords. That Paladin clearly had their parents foot the bill.

2 Likes

I’m being serious, like if there is paladins who are void elves, and well written, to face this internal doubt constantly would be pretty interesting - but I am confused, why didn’t she touch Turalyon?

It is bittersweet to see one of the last Golden stories written before she was laid off.

I am just hoping if Velf paladins are written, that they do this story justice in the world building :slight_smile:

“I have a weapon of mass destruction in my head which may or may not go off if I give in to the intrusive thoughts. Kind of useful, but unpleasant for everyone involved.”

1 Like

I suspect it makes more sense if that paladin was studying the Naruu. A recent example would be in Hallowfall changing cycles. :robot::thought_balloon:

1 Like

Uhm, this is demonstrably false by just playing a Void Elf… for one, they gained the ability to tear open a dimensional rift through large distances for teleportation purposes. Then they gain access to their own Super Saiyan mode called “Entropic Embrace”. It is clearly a power-boost that comes with the caveat that the Void Lords will constantly whisper to you, but the Ren’dorei are the first mortals in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the whispers. :slight_smile:

Yeah, because only the void is capable of making portals. No one else can do that.

Multiple other races used shadow magic culturally before the void elves did and they did so without getting corrupted by it.

9 Likes

Concession accepted.

Play a Void Elf next time.

but the Ren’dorei are the first mortals in the history of the Cosmos to successfully defy the whispers. :slight_smile:

Yeah, just ignore all the times the Ren’dorei have actually fallen victim to the Void’s whispers.

Name another Void user before the Ren’dorei who could use the Void without losing their sanity.

Oh, by the way, the Shadow Priest core mechanic literally revolves around losing sanity and gaining INSANITY. :slight_smile:

Name another Void user before the Ren’dorei who could use the Void without losing their sanity.

How about entire civilizations? The Zandalari are able to combine it and the Arcane as were the original Apexis Civilization in it’s prime.

Oh, by the way, the Shadow Priest core mechanic literally revolves around losing sanity and gaining INSANITY. :slight_smile:

Sky blue water wet, this should be obvious to anyone with even vague knowledge of the game and lore.

1 Like

what let you think the zandalari combine it and the arcane?

Neither the Zandalari nor the Apexis use the Void like the Ren’dorei do.

I’m done with this waste of time.

Neither the Zandalari nor the Apexis use the Void like the Ren’dorei do.

I’m done with this waste of time.

You said ‘name another Void User before the Ren’dorei who could use the Void without losing their sanity’, you never said their process had to be the same. :dracthyr_shrug: but very well.

1 Like

Again, Blizzard themselves stated that Alleria Windrunner is the first mortal to successfully defy the Shadows’ whispers. I don’t see the point in continuing this.

what let you think the zandalari combine it and the arcane?

MoP questing.

where did the zandalari combine there shadow and arcane?

The idea of the void being so dangerous was undermined the moment Blizzard created an entire playable race that had mastered it.

Without fail the void corrupted Dragons, Gods, and even Titans across all of existence, but a group of elves mastered it in a weekend. Go figure.

8 Likes

I still offer the idea that at least a few void elf npcs should be wearing those Nzoth helmets. Like they’re mutants instead of masters. :robot::thought_balloon: