All TCG code crying; No vision

So Blizzard may or may not know what to do about TCG code redemption when launching TBC. is it possible? So many cry foul that they no longer have their old codes or that the code redemption system has been long since dead and gone. Blizzard. It is rather quite simple even if some(cause you know they will) start crying because they don’t play it. It will be no problem at all for Blizzard to introduce the code and reward system in…wait for it. HEARTHSTONE! That’s right. Hearthstone my friends. Buy digital packs, get a chance to get a loot card for an in -game item for WoW TBC classic and any xpac classic in the future. It’s easy, it’s obvious and it’s a perfect way to revitalize Hearthstone. I do not care about people’s opinions. It was a loot card in Blizzards physical TCG and now a decade later moves into the digital system for their digital TCG. It’s a lateral move and yes I know. Freaking genius. Blizzard you are welcome. Make it happen and yes I would be more than happy to spearhead your marketing team. :wink:

3 Likes

Or we can just leave it out all together as it contributes nothing to the game and was just a poorly thought out and implemented cash grab even back then.

2 Likes

Oh bother

Is this going to be this weeks #noboosts?

SMH

1 Like

I do love opinions. You are entitled to them. Such as mine. I have a good job, love the TCG, love getting loot cards for in-game pixelated fun; then and now. Have you not looked and seen what year we live in? 2021. Everything is a cash grab. And Blizzard is very conservative as to how they do cash grabs as opposed to other MMO’s and mobile games. One might say. Even responsible; despite many who cry every time they try and generate revenue.

His comment? or my brilliant plan?

The whole thing about TGC

Looks like they DO know.

1 Like

Well if that is what they decided on then that is it. However I still feel if they wanted to decide to implement the codes again. Hearthstone is a very good way they can do it that is no big change or shock to the system as it is they very same system to which they were implemented in the first place. Still. it is up to them and sometimes court of public opinion can give a nudge or sway to make a change from time to time.

Anything, I repeat anything you gain in the game after logging in should be acquired and earned inside the game. Period.

Even if it was originally there, it was wrong. We have the opportunity to fix mistakes we made before and we should use it.

They should check if we have TCG loot in retail and if we do, we can claim it from landro in tbc classic.

1 Like

It really shouldn’t be hard to see what is in their retail collection and gift them the rewards to the toon of their choice, I know I’d like my Tabard of the frost again.

oh right, Hearthstone cards with new mounts.

Gotta catch 'em all.

So the people who got a Swift Spectral Tiger for 50k when they were duplicated on retail wat to be able to ride your illegal Swift Spectral in TBC Classic?

Yeah that’s a big no! Give it up you retail morons, your retail mounts WILL NEVER be a thing in Classic, they are two separate games.

The fact all these retail players are getting upset that they can’t transfer their swift spectral from retail to classic is ABSOLUTLEY PATHETIC.

You’re all a bunch of disingenuous lying POS that got their swift spectral off the Black Market AH or on the normal AH after the duplication glitch in MOP, I’m willing to bet 99% of the people claiming they have TCG and should be compensated in Classic are a bunch of liars who never even had the TCG code they just bought their mount many years later in retail.

hearthstone mount cards go brrrrrrrr

Who pissed in your cheerios?

Not sure if this would upset a lot of folk, but if they were to reintroduce the trading cards back into the market, I would buy a couple packs. They could even make the codes function only in Classic.

It would give us a chance to have the mounts, if only in the Classic era realms. This would be a way to add revenue to the game without putting an in-game shop in.

The TCG codes are a long forgotten and failed effort. The time to get a code and redeem a code has come and gone.

No, you should not have the ability to redeem TCG codes in TBC classic. It was a limited time offer and if you did not redeem your code in the “Limited time”, then you missed your chance.

Time to move on, lets not turn this into another 3 week, 2000 thread debate.

1 Like

or we just add it to the in game shop ~ bobby

Given they gave people with collector’s edition their pets, damn right I want my stuff too! I dunno about all this duping stuff (maybe only allow turnins from before that date?) but I had my turtle mount and ogre suit back in TBC, should get it now too
Just because the NPC wont be there to accept old/new codes, doesnt mean we wont get grandfathered like the collectors editions

I think if people still have their old codes, then maybe, MAYBE, that should be allowed.

But this whole “I have swift spectral in retail therefore I should be allowed to have it in TBC Classic”… Yeah, absolutely not going to happen, the people actually advocating for this to happen are absolute morons, everyone knows the large majority of swift spectrals in retail are not original TCG mounts and did not come from the original TBC card packs.

Well for one, the collector’s edition was a blizzard product. The TCG was not. It was a licensed product created and sold by a third party. So the two are not even remotely comparable.