All my friends have quit

lmfao what

a facebook group aren’t friends to me.

1 Like

My friends didn’t quit.

If they did, I’d make new friends at 60.

This is why we need phase 2 now and then phase 3 month later.

1 Like

It’s only natural that more and more people will quit, even with ‘new stuff’ finally being released. When it comes down to it there are only a couple things to do at end game: raid and PvP. There are only certain kinds of people who will stick with it because it will get mind numbing after a short enough while.

Also, when it comes to PvP - BGs and world PvP - just wait til people realize it isn’t all it’s cracked up to be unless you rolled the ‘right’ class and spec and have great gear (raid gear). People will fall away and pops will decline such that queues will be pretty bad, especially for a large map like AV. And the emptying world will be fairly boring as well outside of ganking, getting ganked, and folks accidentally wandering too close to town guards and the like.

[edit]
Oh yeah and like someone mentioned in a different thread wait for those premades vs. pugs in BGs, and twinks. Interested to see how that will help pops. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Im on a RP-PVP server so our guild is all rogues and we have fun in world pvp and RP. We are about to set up a zombie walk which is just the mindless scourge of the undead! We will head from brill to Stormwind dressed in ragged clothes at any level long as they’re Undead, killing all that stand in our way with our fists and eat their flesh… for the Lich King

Only a few of my friends have quit thus far, but I can definitely see the burnout already starting to creep up on many of the others. As for me? Well, I’ll keep playing for however long my seemingly dying server has.

1 Like

The people who quit already, were just bandwagon and hype players. Its not a big deal, but yeah it was expected. People who actually love Vanilla will be around for a long time.

EDIT - Nov9-2019 - This isn’t aging well. Im starting to lose faith in blizzards ability to properly run this game.

1 Like

I think they are gonna merge servers at some point. Cause yeah the faction imbalances are worrying a lot of casuals, and making people super salty. Just stick around they will fix it.

a lot of people do feel that way, and dont care much about 15 year old raids they already cleared

talking about t1 and t2, this isnt to say everyone has beaten nax, they probably wont even still be playing when that comes out in over a year

1 Like

You thought you did, but you didn’t.

4 Likes

all my friends are dead

Classic would have lasted longer if they had just updated the original client and server code, launched with 0 bugs, and had all content open on day one. People would have been more motivated to push if Naxx had been up in the sky waiting for them.

As it is, we have a crappy, buggy fake version of vanilla that will never be the same as the original undergoing constant weird changes and updates with stupid features from the modern client/server such as phasing and there’s basically no real content at 60.

Good job, Activision.

4 Likes

Most of my vanilla friend are not play classic. I come back to experience leveling another class which i never level b4. Now i believe what news outlet have said. Yes you will bring back ppl for nostalgia reason but not much will actually stay long.

1 Like

Kind of quite the opposite but in a bad way. We all tried to organize and get on one server, but not only did that not happen, those that DID go on the same server ended up on the opposing faction.

So now I’m merrily on my way to 60 to make my buddies regret rolling Horde :smiley:

1 Like

Same boat as you, just about to hit 60, guilds dying, most friends have moved on.
Going to have to find a new guild, but honestly, the fact RL friends arnt playing currently makes grinding a drag

2 Likes

this assumes that the people are quitting already hit 60 and did a lot of the end-game content. Dunno about others, but nobody I know that quit had hit 60.

I’d just quit now honestly. WOW isn’t fun long term if you’re not playing with rocket launcher friends.

Chain gun friends, maybe. Shotgun friends, possibly. But rocket launcher friends definitely.

sounds like you need to hang out with a different crowd that doesnt just whine and quit

1 Like

i don’t know how, vanilla pvp is the neglected side game of a rushed release with design that had not yet matured

1 Like