All my friends have quit

Started with 7 RL friends playing and only lost 2 so far.

I’m the last person in my guild who logs on anymore. I’m also pretty frustrated since I missed the initial rush and now can’t find anybody to run dungeons with.

I know people hate on LFG and LFD, but it’s better than not being able to run dungeons at all…

5 Likes

this is normal for any game. remember layers and log in queues? they are mostly gone

remember when everyone said classic would see a big drop off after the initial rush? that was correct

7 Likes

Sure, if you have people who already are in the same boat as you are today, that works. The issue is that people are playing with friends from when they played vanilla 15 years ago, and while everyone may have been able to have the same schedule back then, things have likely changed.

me too! But nobody I work with wants to play Classic, mainly because they all know how dangerous that could be. :slight_smile: my manager says he got burned out from leading so many raids back in the day.

1 Like

I am amazed that 38/40 of your friends have all “quit” classic wow.

get in a good guild…
people in suck guilds are sad…

I came to classic with my retail guild, they all flaked lol. Was stuck on a west coast server till a free transfer to an east coast server came along. Prior to that though, I had started on a different east coast server and lo and behold, I randomly found some people I played with on legion! I was so stoked.

Sucks I had to start a new character though since paid transfers aren’t a thing. Really a shame, I was not ready to make a second char and I was really loving my first

Because it’s as we’ve always said PvP was the biggest draw to classic.
I’m more than a little bummed the BG’s wont come until next year, but I’m not ready to quit.

5 Likes

A lot of ppl I know quit because there is no honor and BGs.

4 Likes

None of my friends have quit. Some are more addicted to the game than others. Sucks for you.

Haven’t had any RL friends quit and so far have made several new online friends.

That is a shame, I am sure you will make new ones. Its a by product of classic and all the challenges of grinding, more grinding and oh, more grinding.

1 Like

Didn’t you cancel your sub =p

Didn’t fall into the trap of basing myself around the casual friends that play for 2 weeks every expansion.

If you are a gamer you need gamer friends. Normy friends don’t last anytime the game gets grindy.

6 Likes

I didn’t play vanilla. On day one I started a character and joined an rp guild.

At this point hardly anyone else ever logs in. Although there are lots of people out in the world, it seems like people who started on day 1 were maybe retail players who weren’t intending to stay.

So it doesn’t surprise me that his friends have all left.

1 Like

My server is crazy packed and alive, cant say that about my retail server. Id like to think this is a chance to meet new people and I have indeed done exactly that.

1 Like

I rolled on a server with a grp of about 10 ppl strong, who were rather active on other realms of the vanilla sort.

Even though everyone has talked about the game for weeks and was hyped up to go full blow out mode, in the end it is one other dude and me who are 60. Everyone else has kinda quit or is around lvl 30 with the average log in of “once per 2 weeks”.

And the guy who actually is 60 with me barely plays with me as we are in 2 different raiding groups and we play together once all 2 weeks for some quick wpvp.

The game really is not that fun if you are “solo”. I mean you can do some stuff on 60 but once you do scholo or strat for the 4th time and its always just you loggin in and nobody else around it gets apparent that the game needs some social component to stay fresh

1 Like

My friends and I are almost pre bis, yet to get loot in mc… legit would be nice to see a pally drop.

Bgs would be a nice time filler though.

Wish me luck on tonight’s raid!

1 Like

This. Joined a guild. Every evening we have 20+ members looking to do an instance. We don’t quite have the numbers to do MC yet, but every day the number of active level 60s is increasing.

They’re not friends. But they’re a fun, friendly bunch that I enjoy doing instances with, which is about as much as I expect from a computer game.

And it’s not even a very big realm - Medium pop most of the time, occasionally rising to High pop. And 2/3 of that is Alliance, not Horde.

1 Like

yeah, also said I’d re-sub if they reduced the penalty, which they did. I haven’t re-subbed yet, it’s not up until december since I paid quarterly. not sure if I will or not.