All items gone, NOT hacked

First, I have an authenticator.

I logged in on Character A first thing this morning. Did some tailoring (vendor-flipping Tidespray Linen Pants) and then ran three LFR wings (final wing of Hellfire Citadel, Blackrock Foundry, and Highmaul). I logged out of Character A and logged in on several other characters on this account.

The whole time, I was logged in on my second account (linked on the same bnet account) for auctioning.

When I logged back into Character A, she was naked, with nothing in her bank/reagents tab, and no backpacks.

I logged out, deleted WTF, disabled all addons, even rebooted – no change. That one character still has nothing, while all other characters are fine. I know I wasn’t hacked, because as I said, I’ve been logged in on that account the whole time. At no time was I logged out because I’d been logged in somewhere else.

Just in case, I changed my account password and got the expected authenticator confirmation and text message.

I also checked the restoration page for this character. I got the option to restore only two items looted from the LFR raids (I probably vendored a dozen items) and then all the Tidespray Linen Pants she’d made. None of her gear was on the restoration page.

I’ve submitted a ticket. Is there anything I can do in the meantime? Something I can reset on my end?

This is a bug that tends to crop up every once in awhile that usualy clears up in a day.

3 Likes

Thanks! That’s a relief. Horrifically inconvenient, but a relief.

1 Like

Just want to touch on one thing you didnt do a proper UI reset it requires you to delete WTF/cache/interface not just one and disabling addons is more of putting a bandaid on the issue if its due to a corrupted UI.

Yeah, seems to be a bug that’s cropping up more often recently. Hopefully that’s just due to the increased number of players :wink:

It does often clear itself up after some time, so if it does, be sure to close your ticket so not to confuse the GM! Haha!

3 Likes

Don’t forget to file a Bug Report in-game while logged into that character. Because the bug is rare QA needs as much information as possible from players it happens to. Mention your character name and realm. If it has cleared up, give a time-frame for when it happened so they can check the logs.

Another symptom of this bug is usually your Armory page for your character is also gearless.

2 Likes

I see your ticket was closed by you, so I assume this cleared up on its own. I am really sorry for the scare and for the inconvenience!

Indeed :slight_smile: We’ve alerted the QA team to these incidents but so far they’ve not been able to reproduce it. Every report helps!

I believe this just happened to me as well on this character which is a bank alt. I’ve been online this entire time and just switched character, logged back on this character and all my items/bags have vanished but kept my gold. Have Authenticator as well.

Your not hacked just random bug that keeps poping up report ingame name toon realm and it will all come back later.

1 Like

Yea I think I was speaking to you on twitter a little bit ago. Definitely open that ticket, and if the stuff reappears before your ticket is answered you can just cancel it.

1 Like

Will do. Thanks!

Edit: Issue resolved itself on it’s own and my items have returned. I’ve sent a Bug Report and cancelled ticket. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And file a Bug Report about it.

2 Likes