All Hunter specs still bottom tier after mediocre buff. DON'T BE QUIET!

Hunter’s 3 specs remain among the worst for mythic raid. In 16 years they still haven’t learned how to balance classes? 2 minutes of simulation and you can see that these buffs are mediocre. We were in 6th-7th place in dps in the raids, why mess with the classes that are not even in the top 5? With the buff we recover 1/3 of the damage we lost with the NERF (not a fix, because the legendary shoots 2 skills, 2 skills = 2 procs, the legendary doesn’t ‘’apply’’ the Serpent Sting, so… NOT A FIX), BM has no AOE damage outside of its legendary and Survival never saw a buff. Do better Blizzard, can you?
As a mythic raid player, Hunter is in a really bad spot. I would like to hear your opinion and suggestions on what could change to “fix” our class, so maybe the balance team can have a clue.

10 Likes

Blizzard disagrees.

Other than that, totally, hunter is in a terrible spot and blizz should and needs to give yall some love.

1 Like

A bugfix that results in a nerf is still a nerf.

9 Likes

A nerf resulting from a bugfix is still a bugfix.

Also, the appellation, from the horses’s mouth, and intent behind the change trumps people’s perception of it.

Semantics over utterly useless trivialities is such a great way to argue endlessly and waste time hahaha.

1 Like

Ran one dungeon after the “buff”
ST felt slightly better, almost unoticiable.
Aoe is still a meme, especially compared to before.

Bug fixes arent bugs when they’ve been in the game since beta

2 Likes

That’s not a bug, that’s an undocumented feature!

3 Likes

ST is buttcheeks across the board, still.

1 Like

Well now you’re just factually wrong.

I really dislike Blizzard / people calling it a “bug fix.”

When you have SST on and you fire off an aimed shot you can see the Serpent Sting projectile fly out just as if you had the talent.

Prior to the patch if you hit a target with Serpent Sting it would proc wild spirits.

Now - post 9.0.5 - if you hit a target with talented Serpent Sting, it no longer procs Wild Spirits.

That was the change. They didn’t fix a bug - they changed an interaction.

So now you have Wild Spirits, that says whenever you hit a target with a damaging ability it will proc Wild Spirits - not proccing when you hit a target with Serpent Sting. That was their big “bug fix.”

6 Likes

At least we are still playable. I always remind myself “It could be worse… I could be a holy priest” :slight_smile:

I mean if we are talking about bugs/ not a bug we need to talk animal companion. Spitting cobra just got a huge buff but the talent is still fundamentally borked with the amount of focus you need to dump during BW to make the cobra do a decent chunk of damage. The fact that is has its damage reduced if you use animal companion and has done so since the start of BFA makes me question if it is intended or not. Like it can’t possibly be intended right? that would mean we just have a talent combo trap.

As for trying to offer suggestions about how to improve hunter we have all said it. Mass talent revamp, make animal companion baseline or remove it completely. As for aoe, I personally hate how Multi shot triggers beast cleave. The spell hits like me trying to fight someone like Mike Tyson. It is worse given the fact that Beast Cleave lasts 4 seconds.

I could list talent ideas to replace the existing ones with more interesting or involved ones but Blizzard will listen to me here about as much as they did when I submitted direct feedback about Havoc DH talents during beta when I told them how awful the changes were and how they needed to remove stuff like demon blades and add something like Demons bite stacks Fel Rage making your auto attacks do additional Chaos damage for 7 (stacks 4 times).

Long and sort I have accepted that the spec will probably be like this for the forseeable future (The rest of SL) with only minor improvements or changes via expanded Soulbinds and new legendaries.

1 Like

Mm im not tho. The bug was known about all the way back in beta. If it was actually an unintended interaction then it shoulda changed early on instead of nerfing ais and as. Also it wasnt even worded like it was a bug fix

Nerf to wild spirits is a good thing as buffs to class in general makes other covenants more viable.

Treehugger covenant was having a too big of an advantage

1 Like

Well, theyre still the best even after the nerf.

Only thing that changed is that theyre now the best choice for a bottom class.

1 Like

I’m glad my life isn’t so sad that I argue about a bug fix.

People have varying degrees of passion for their hobbies. :man_shrugging:

Also, it was a nerf, not a bug fix.

3 Likes

All specs needs more ST damage still

1 Like

Like what you’re doing. “Nerf” is dependent on effect, not intent.

It’s hilarious how you all just warp reality around your need to be a victim.
Damn, im actually not surprised blizz doesn’t engage on the forums anymore.

1 Like

Lol balance druid still says hi as it remains pretty much untouched convoke as it laughs at the MM bug fix…theres buggy broken then there working as intended busted to all hell OP ability that literally carries raids to get kills.