All Gear in a Vendor

If Devs added all the raid and M+ gear in vendors like a tournament realm, like PvP…

Do you consider that a big element of the game is lost?

Asking, because the new system will help with the RNG a little bit and for alts, however; there’s going to be players running the same dungeons and bosses X amount of types without luck.

Instead of the vault being another RNG layer, maybe a currency with cap per week provided depending on your performance (like the vault progress) that you can use to purchase a specific trinket… We saw this during Shadowlands S4 dinar and the Azerite Armor with Titan Residuum.

Do you consider that targeting all your gear will diminish players engagement? Or Instead provide a step forward to reach new goals and difficulties

3 Likes

Yes.
/thread

6 Likes

Nothing is lost. RNG gearing is frustrating for most, with the exception of those that get very lucky early in a season.

Deterministic gearing with a currency and vendors gives players something to work towards with a known level of effort.

Blizz loves RNG though, so don’t expect logic to prevail in loot design.

5 Likes

I think that people worry too much about having perfect bis before they’re able to start playing.

6 Likes

Might as well just add vendors see if it actually brings anyone back .

It might, but class balance in all 3 pillars of end-game, along with a cohesive engaging main story are probably more important for attracting new players and winning back old ones. Deterministic gearing doesn’t help much if your favorite class/spec is statistically way below average.

1 Like

For me personally shopping list gearing is boring and lame.

Other people like it though.

1 Like

yes - gearing up is integral to the MMO power gaining experience.

1 Like

I think it’s an unfortunate product of WoW becoming such a numbers driven game. Meters, parsing, logs. Leads people to obsess about perfect optimization over just having fun.

6 Likes

Big element lost? lol

The ridiculous gambling simulator is what has made WoW lose something. We had PVE weapon/trinket vendor in SL S4 and it’s the only season I fully geared more than 20 characters. The exasperating misery of rolling for 1 item out of 15 items against many other people make the game barely playable in the long run.

4 Likes

For better or worse all of those things mentioned are 3rd party driven.

There is definitely a lot of “parse PvP” though.

Classic really showed this well, as it was played in a MUCH different way than vanilla due to much greater access to information sharing.

2 Likes

Personally, I see everything as different toys that Devs designed for us, just like talents that you can change now and create different builds, maybe if we could target gear, then we could try different combinations without depending only on RNG.

But you’re right that BIS mentallity was empower by the current meta , meters …logs etc, but that could be lead to fun scenarios and new goals instead of farming a specific dungeon or boss against RNG, in my opinion.

Something being 3rd party driven is still a Blizzard problem. They build the tools for them to do it, they block people from doing it any other way, most people hate doing it the way it is required to be done. We went after the guy who bought the machetes in Rwanda, not the people using them.

Take the meters out, FF is doing just fine

There is a FF equivalent of warcraft logs made by the same people.

1 Like

I guess it depends upon what you mean by having it on a vendor. If you mean that you have to earn a currency and reach a certain difficultly level to unlock the ability to purchase something. Well I could see that as a better safety net. But if you mean someone running a bunch of mythic 2s one week and then buying 421 gear the next, yeah that would have a negative impact upon the game.

1 Like

Yea but people dont use meters in raids / dungeons , point fingers

Exactly like this, maybe even just buy the item in a lower base ilvl normal for raid and +2 for M+ and from there you can upgrade it via the new crest system, the mention of vendors as a bad luck protection to the RNG in the game in order to reach BIS but it shouldn’t be like you can just spam X difficulty to get Y ilvl from other difficulty.

Not at all - it would be AMAZING for the game to get rid of RNG.

3 Likes

Not at all. Gear acquisition in WoW is atrocious. I would take a gear vendor over vault in a heart beat.

3 Likes