All Classes should be available for All Races

Where did I say that needed to happen?

That’s quite a dramatic twisting of my words.

They absolutely are according to Blizzard, who told us in Legion that player characters come from their major cities and cultures. They are not special snowflakes in that regard.

I’m not sure why you chose to try to argue with me in such a strange, defensive manner. I specifically said that as long as they add storyline where appropriate and racial class skins for the ones that need it, I’m fine with it. :woman_shrugging:t4:

4 Likes

Look at that spreadsheet. There are races on it that are LITERAL DOWNGRADES from their alternatives. See: Mag’har Orc VS normal Orc.

Why can a Mag’har Orc not take up Paladinhood when a normal Orc might? We’ve established the Light is not the only entity that can bestow such power. Why can’t creatures that survive a sun-baked land not be Sunwalkers themselves (the Vulpera)? Why can’t Forsaken be shamans, they’re LITERALLY as earth-bound as things get outside of being Dwarven or Gnomish! Also, you’re really telling me that a Gnome couldn’t work up a gizmo to replicate elemental energy? After all, the Goblins got their shaman powers through straight-up wheeling and dealing.

There, again, is no reason why a character cannot possess learning and ability beyond the average citzen of their homeland.

7 Likes

No, and no! But if i can be a panda demon hunter…

Seriously though, don’t gut anymore lore.

5 Likes

So what if my character was born in Thunder Bluff and partook of the culture growing up? Now that my character’s of-age, they’ve seen a new path that was either never taught to them or made forbidden by their elders. Why WOULDN’T I be enticed? Just because I might be from a major city and born into a particular culture doesn’t lock me into that world.

1 Like

I’m so tired of this topic and it’s one that I really don’t understand the foaming of the mouth support for. WoW’s race/class restrictions are part of their lore, and at least in my opinion, really help with what makes it unique.

That’s not to say I’m not for more options. There’s plenty of room for more combos. I just don’t necessarily think every race has to have every class. That’s a bit excessive.

14 Likes

Not now…not ever

3 Likes

Because Mag’har Orcs and the Light do not get along, something about their entire race being genocided by a group of fanatical light wielders…

Because they have no connection with nature and often desire to turn it into a blighted wasteland. Calling on elemental power isn’t like calling on nature or the arcane, you need the elementals blessing. The elementals aren’t going to give their blessing to a race that tortures the earth and rivers with their foul chemicals.

Likewise with Gnomes, they have no respect for nature. Neither do Goblins, but they got around that by making deals, which they’re really good at. Gnomes do not have that same ability.

6 Likes

I like this, minus two points.

Dwarf Druids have been shown to exist, and honestly make more sense than Human druids as the human druids we’ve met- already ahve druids. (Kul Tirans and Worgen). Wildhammer druids are a great “maybe”.

Pandaren don’t really need new lore to be druids, maybe just a bit of expansion.

Blood elves, despite popular belief, make little sense for druids. The only ones we’ve seen are actually just mages twisting the arcane, and they’ve not been shown to respect druidism or nature.

6 Likes

I’d also add to this that Draenei (both types) absolutely ABHOR Fel, that’s why they fight the Legion and why Eredar Fel users are an enemy unit.

Same with both types of Tauren.

All 4 of those races should never be Warlocks, in my opinion.

1 Like

We KNOW that the Light is NOT the only one capable of bestowing Paladin power. We KNOW THIS. So call on THAT entity instead. After all, IT’S PROBABLY WHAT THE ORCS WILL BE DOING.

Again, in your spreadsheet, the Mag’har are a strict downgrade in every respect from Azeroth Orcs.

They may grant it to an INDIVIDUAL however. Like I said, you do not need a cultural shift for the PC to represent a class. The first Sunwalker had to come from somewhere.

Gnomes are peerless and creative thinkers, there’s no reason to think they couldn’t duplicate elemental effects with totems and incorporate inventive approaches to shamanic spellcasting.

5 Likes

I’ve yet to see a Dwarf druid in any WoW lore.

Yes, but that’s why human druids could make more sense, because there are already two groups of humans (the Gilneans and the Kul Tirans) who can become druids, if they can do it, so can your garden variety human.

Blood Elves have very strong ties to nature, as represented by the Farstriders and their respect for the forests that surround their homes. That could potentially be expanded to allow for Druids.

Exactly this, which is why they should never get the Warlock class, at all.

What you pray to doesn’t matter, you’re still calling on the light. A goblin prays to money, but they still use the light. Tauren pray to the sun, but they still use the light. Night Elves pray to Elune, but they still use the light.

A paladin wields the light, regardless of their individual faiths.

It’s the light that the Mag’har hate because of what light wielding zealots did to their race.

3 Likes

Lightforged Warlocks.

Hmmmm.

Yeah.

Now that the legion is broken, why not, some Eredar would defect to help fight their annoying dreadlord and pitlord task masters.

All the class needs is to be restricted to the Eredar skins.

Then Paladin powers are manifesting from inner will and devotion, NOT the Light SPECIFICALLY. They are amplified by the light, but a Paladins strength is still coming from a deep well within.

If the Mag’har were so opposed to the Light, they would not ally with the Horde, WHO USES THE EXACT SAME LIGHT.

And, again, individuals can defy expectation! Hell, the Blood Elves were literally able to STEAL their way into Paladin-ship!

1 Like

They still use the light.

Again it doesn’t matter what they pray to. It doesn’t matter how much willpower or devotion they have. All of that is irrelevant, because at the end of the day in WoW lore, whether you call on the light directly, the sun, the power of bling, the power of elune or the power of a giant whoopie cushion, you’re still using the light as a weapon.

The light is what the Mag’har have issue with, which is why all their priests are shadow priests in lore. There are no light wielders among the Mag’har. Period.

1 Like

Wildhammer are stated to have druids or druid like folk.

Blood elves don’t really. Yes farstriders have more respect for it than others, but they’re still a a far more of an arcane society. The literally enchanted their kingdom to stay in Spring forever.

Nightborne are actually a better option- if we’re going by the fact that they were restored with druid magic through the Arcan’dor, which enhances nature magic and arcane magic.

But I’ll admit I’m biased because I really feel like Blood Elves have enough classes, and really don’t need more.

2 Likes

Ahh, right, that’s in the RPG. Sadly that’s no longer canon.

2 Likes

Y’know, until you get the Holy Priests that exist because ‘hey y’know that weapon that did a real good job of nearly killing us? Let’s turn it on our enemies instead!’ Wait, could those be INDIVIDUAL PRIESTS BUCKING CULTURE? Say it ain’t so!

The ENTIRE ‘lore says so’ argument falls apart the literal moment the mechanics get involved because those are clear examples that culture is not and should not be a straitjacket.

5 Likes

I really like this aspect of WoW compared to JRPG on which you can be any job, it’s really interesting to have the lore, so any new race/class combo should have lore, I think that for 10.0 Blizzard will add mages, priest, rogues without any LORE at all.

That’s a waste opportunity, if you bring rogue tauren, please set up a questline related to the Tauren from Grimtotem tribe…etc

Just doing all classes for any race it´s a bad design for the aspect that a lot of players like, that´s why Devs took the risk movement to create Dracktyr only as Evoker first, then they’ll implement lore around that race to include new classes. I think they can include new classes for that race from the start by doing a different intro questline if you pick other class, maybe that Dracktyr is from some years in the future after joining a faction and learning that class abilities.

2 Likes

And then they get murdered by their own kin, because there’s no way they’re going to tolerate light wielders among their own ranks.

This is the same BS argument that people use to justify Draenei warlocks. “Oh, they’re around other races that use it, so why not use it themselves?” completely ignoring that their entire race was also genocided by the fel or machinations by demons.

1 Like

I’m not arguing with you. You’re extremely argumentative towards someone who said they were okay with things by adding some more content in the process and you’re still getting belligerent for unknown reasons.

Where? Not that I’m against them, but I don’t ever remember seeing a Dwarf Druid anywhere.