All 50 toon slots on the one server?

I would really want them to increase the limit of characters on one server .i already have 18 alliance characters on this server .

I like this idea.

I have a lot of characters I want to create, level to 120, come up with backstories and personalities for, and then never roleplay because I got distracted by the next “But wouldn’t this be cool?” idea.

Also, even with MORE THAN ENOUGH slots, I suspect I’d still manage to fill my roster with warriors and monks… Most of whom are night elves, dwarves, orcs and trolls.

5 Likes

I would move all my MG toons to WrA. Horde main these days but it’d be nice to throw all my characters over here. Just gotta make sure the names are cleared lol

I’ve felt they’ve needed to do this for a long time. I would love to permanently bring back some of the characters sitting on my deleted list and make copies of some of the characters I’ve got sitting on other servers where I never play them, but don’t want to forget the character concept/name.

2 Likes

There are a few characters I wouldn’t transfer to WrA - old mains that stay on their shelf - but having one of each class on either faction would be nice. Thanks to Allied Race slots, I’ll get there eventually regardless.

I have 23 characters not on this server that could come over (not counting a bank alt and a duplicate character whose main version will be getting faction/server transferred) and 18 on this server already.

Needless to say, being able to shove all of those under one of two different respective guild roofs and have them where all the roleplayers I know are would be an enormous boon. Also, I would only need to manage AH sales on two characters, instead of four.

2 Likes

i bet blizzard’s too scared to do it because they know my Warcraft RTS-loving brain would roll one orc for every clan and one human for every nation

5 Likes

Fifty freakin toons on one server. I can see all of the Elves crying out in celebration now. What I really want to know is who in the world has time for fifty toons?2

My question would be if they’re planning on releasing the 1 hero class per server. You know how you could only have 1 dk or 1 dh unless you made one on another server and then xferred them back to the primary server to get around it? 50 toons doesn’t matter much to me if I can’t have multiple of EVERY class.

1 Like

They’ve released the 1-per-server limit for Death Knights; if I remember correctly, they’ve been unlimited since WoD. I’m hoping that the limit on Demon Hunters will be released a bit more quickly than expansion after next, but I’m sure it’ll happen eventually.

“Hero class” seems kind of like an arbitrary designation anyway. What are any of the PC classes if not heros? It’s pretty much just a way to make their most recently released class seem special. Remind me, did monks have that particular restriction?

I don’t think they did, but they also started at lvl1, not lvl55 or 98.

1 Like

Lordastromalterastormkul?

The last thing I really need is a larger character cap. I’ve got a hard enough time focusing on one or two characters as it is. Then again, it would certainly help in my quest to have a character at the top of each level bracket or expansion cap. My big question is will they then allow free server transfers or will we still have to pay, and how would a gigantic flood of transfer requests affect server stability? I can imagine them having to shut the game down for a day to get it all accomplished without serious problems.

I don’t know what to do with six characters, let alone fifty.

2 Likes

There are servers that are connected already giving the option to have all 50 connected.

I like 25 servers now don’t have only a couple connected.
13 on 2 and 5 on 2 more…
Just a tip I found out…
It says that a 70 is required, but no longer needed after you make a DH at 98, so 55-70 98-, but keep for a bank/mail alt…
I want to RNG my play time…
Even if it is on 2 accounts at the same time unsubscribed?
Thus my many 20"s over 10 servers with XP turned off…

DK and DH are the only classes to have the “hero class” moniker, but it was used to denote the unique starting experience (and level head-start), not that they were inherently more powerful than other classes.

1 Like

They just call them that because they’re based off of hero units from WC3.

It doesn’t make sense really outside that. And you have to wonder if that means all future hero classes will be based on those units going forward.

The ‘Hero Class’ distinction makes vague sense to me in the context of their starting level, but I don’t find the distinction to be all that important. Especially in the context of Death Knights, because level 55 is not as big of a deal now as it used to be.

I can also vaguely see how it would be a fairly standard Blizzardism to object to the notion of players being able to roll a server full of nearly-maxed characters without paying $60 each (which I suppose might be done for gold-grinding purposes), to which their only solution is to limit you to one (1) of them until enough expansions have gone by that the starting level isn’t as enticing in its own right. Part of me feels that that’s not a good enough reason, but it might be the impatience talking, I can’t tell.

1 Like

I can’t even manage ten Pandaren, let alone fifty.

But I’m going to try.

5 Likes

Fifty Pandaren could literally eat you out of house and home and probably drink a bar dry.

2 Likes