Alchemy procs. no longer in Shadowlands?

I have been making hundreds of pots, flasks and now a cauldron for our guild’s raids and not one extra anything made. Other alchemist are saying the same thing. Was that removed?

3 Likes

Proccing extras was removed.

1 Like

No free stuff for alchemist, fun detected, removed from the game…gg

21 Likes

They gotta skim time from somewhere.

2 Likes

Not only that but there was mention of some patch in the future where there would be random chance in various professions like alchemy that creating an item might fail and produce nothing. Something about keeping economy healthy and hitting stockpiles.

So you go to craft 10 flasks and spend all the materials but might end up with 6

1 Like

[Citation needed]

7 Likes

Blizzard seems to have a problem with degrees. If RNG is good, everything is RNG (Legion, BfA). If RNG is bad, then fun things like profession procs are the first to go. >_< Throwing the baby out with the bath water is pretty much standard procedure over there.

4 Likes

Just give us Alchemists back our Master procs,
Elixir Master (Flask procs)
Potion Master (Potion Procs)
Transmute Master (Shadestone procs)

depending on which one you have, & make it like it used to be 1-4 extra we dont need a +10 proc

14 Likes

was gonna say the same thing. we should have our mastery back

1 Like

I got my elixir master out of shattrath when they first became available back in Outland. it was quite a process, and I worked really hard to get it. blizz devs need to remain mindful of how their little “lightbulb” moments affect the long term players who have been with them since launch.

I. am. not. a. happy. camper.

6 Likes

I think this whole expansion for alchemists sucks. You get one trinket and its worthless IMO. One major transmute, thanks! No extra procs, thanks! Competing with bots for mats is a joke as well as competing for selling on the AH. The mats for the cauldron, again IMO suck. Ive been alch/herb since BC, and find there is more and more reasons to drop it now.

5 Likes

I’m not a happy camper either. Extra procs was our only way to kind of counter the bots and multi boxers making it hard to make any gold. Making gold selling things in ah is half my fun in the game. Seriously considering a break. Game is broken. Been playing since before MoP and this is the first xpac I’m actually bored of.

3 Likes

wow but i guess you could make bank if someone else has an unlucky streak

I know, I have 3 alchs just cause of this, 1 for flasks, 1 for pots and one for transmutes. I don’t care if it procs 10 times, but getting a freebie when mass producing to clear out herbs would be a godsend.

4 Likes

They ended up confirming that a new chance based system is coming for professions. Every attempt will consume the herbs or other materials and give up to 45% chance to create the flasks or other items. Same for all professions.

A rare double proc may occur but only about 0.02% chance

The Flask Mastery, Potion Mastery and Transmutations only work with Vanilla, TBC, Wrath, Cataclysm and MOP content. Those masteries did not progress past MOP.

Some of that though was with the rank system of learning, procs were on rank 3.

1 Like

SL Alchemy is the worst I have ever experienced. Exceptionally not creative. Think about it, we can’t even craft a trinket above 168?.. No extra flasks or potions… it’s like some alchemist made bliss really mad and we are all being punished. Just my opinion, no need for fact check. Playing since before BC. Always liked alchemy… not now.

1 Like

Thank you… you read my mind.

IF i recall right the ‘reasoning’ why Blizz didnt progress the Alchemists Mastery system beyound MOP was because there were people who would have Multiple toons with Alchmey so that they could have use them for the Procs expecially IF it was potentially tied to a CD.