Akama History Thread

mad cuz bad

Hello it is time for Classic

2 Likes

Hello, here cuz classic.

Hmm i was playing during vanillia -> S3,

T4 progression is a little muddy, i was in Acquired Taste, we were really far ahead ever since lady vashj but i know that T4 we weren’t as fast, since people leveled at various speed, so i can’t be 100% sure if AT were first on all of them, but def still some of them.

S1 Gladiator Alliance: (2s) Belldan (paladin)/ falir (Warrior) + shinoda (warlock)
Thats the only team that had gladiator on the server for s1

S2 Gladiator Alliance:(5s) Tjwho(mage), tassadar(hunter), belldan(paladin), spi (druid), falir (warrior)… there is a priest on the team, i don’t remember the name (sorry will, i forgot your char name), shinoda may also be on the team.

s3 Gladiator Alliance: (3s) Iriemember (rogue), Falir(Warrior), belldan(paladin). I think swasha and tassadar’s warlock also got glad, but i can hardly remember their char name, i can ask them later. by this point a lot more people are getting gladiators.

Gothical, Night Elf  Hunter.

• BÅNE, Under Pressure and another Singapore/US guild during vanilla (cant remember the name.)

Clapton the mage here! What a blast from the past!

After Relisted got killed by C’Thun it was Banished and Acquired Taste competing for nearly all of the Naxx server firsts.

He had the first glaive at least, not sure he had the first full set. It led to some pretty amazing drama that included getting the server progression thread locked by mods. Good times.

1 Like

I used to play a bit. <Presence> <Mutiny> <Terrible>

1 Like

Lmao, got called out as a rank 1 player…logic? Plus the post above is wrong about early season glads. I got gladiator on my shaman every season(Bobsauce).

Bumping with the hopes that they carry this thread over when Blizzard merges the other realms with these connected realms on the forums.

Oh man. This thread is so nostalgia filled I love it. I don’t know who is still around from the old Unleashed with Demonspike at the helm but at some point a number of us jumped over to Hello Kitty Club by the time BC rolled around.

I PvP’d with my hunter (Loincloth) and got gladiator in S6 and R1 in S7 with Bobsauce and some other folks who’s names I can’t remember. Great times that bring a smile to my face :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Wow,I just now saw this thread… holy crap,I will have to read all of these comments. There is a TON I need to write up,

So the important question about the server over the last 10 years: Did Max and Molly from AT ever end up together?

1 Like

I was kinda on Akama. Dragonmaw alliance. Was merged with Akama. Spent many years getting destroyed due to severe faction imbalance.

1 Like

you were never on akama if it was merged. this is for OGs only.

1 Like

Hey!! I played on Akama for a longgg time and this account was in AT for a bit (Belias back then) I’m actually trying to get a hold of Feanore (NE Warrior) from Vanilla and beyond. He was a good friend of mine, and we since lost touch. Anyone here that perhaps has his contact info? :open_mouth:

Hi guys, non welfare multigladiator Dreamside here.

I was on ally on Akama during the last patch of Cata and into MoP. I was top warrior on ally in PvE and PVP and part of Organ Harvesters. I got tired of PvE and xferred off because I was not going to get the desired rating I wanted as most of akama is actually just casuals. I then hit top 100 NA on the 3v3 ladder in S14 in MoP/top 3 warrior on pvp ladder, got glad on Warr back to back seasons, played 5 classes over 2400 in S15 (got glad again) and pretty much quit the game and barely played since then.

OG Akama!!

Wasnt Narny on that Gladiator list?

Indeed. I was an original r13 and s3 glad with falir on akama :slightly_smiling_face:

Few of us OGs have been playing on classic - Benediction - Alliance in Acquired Taste the past few years.

1 Like

Had to jump in on this thread with my first toon. Saw a lot of names that were pretty much gods during BC. Our little guild called Serenity ran by Snoosh was a pretty amazing experience and the server as a whole was great.

1 Like