Airships, How Many Lost Now?

As it is titled, I’m kind of curious of how many airships have been lost so far and wondering the true number how many either both the Horde and Alliance have left with incursions happening.

As for how many lost no idea. Like the amount of troops we lose every xpac I think it has more to do with “we need a cool setpiece” theres no real number nor does it matter.

However it’s kind of fun to imagine a sort of ww2 esque “donate extra metal to the war effort” type campaign going on in the cities. I’d assume with how long the factions have been at war citizens would be used to helping sort of churn these things out fast.

2 Likes

Thank you. I was curious because of what I saw on the Horde side with a quest with gallyix and saw two incursions on zandalar that in total had 3 Alliance airship had been taken done by the Horde and thinking the Alliance taken down the Horde airships as well.

considering how extremely hard is to make these airships i would say that those invasions are canon just the first time you do them.

i seriously doubt that we have an unlimited supply of those things.
Because from those that i can remember, i think the alliance lost 3 airships before bfa. one crashed in infralar, other was destroyed in broken shore, and the other by the horde in stormheilm.

and considering that the alliance didn’t bringed air support to lordaeron at all.
unless it is explained on where the hell we are getting more of these that is not where the sun don’t shine.

1 Like

Yeah, i agree with what your saying. With the continuation of the war how long will one feels the affects of it, with them not being able to keep up with the dammed of war.

I also remembered Alliance airship in the Arathi Highlands Battlefront taking heavy damage, while Horde airship seem relatively fine.

Yeah, airships have hit ‘generic’ territory. Used to be a big deal when one went down, but now it’s just gotten to be a generic setpiece like those old Legion Star Destroyers.

Still, if you’re looking for a count…

The Alliance lose airships at:

-Deepholm (Twilights infiltrate, it crashes supposedly after you’re finished questing on it)
-Wandering Isle, one crashes into the Pandaren starting zone
-Another gunship is shot down in the Legion intro cinematic, Broken Shore.
-The Skyfire goes down in Stormheim

Horde losses include:
-Gilneas, the Lorna Crowley and worgen get aboard and blow one up
-Deepholm, shot down by the Twilight-controlled Alliance gunship
-Wyrmrest, Deathwing flies right through it.
-MoP, the intro gunship is shot down and then blown up.
-Legion Intro, the gunship Sylvanas is on gets shot down

2 Likes

Ok, I’m getting solid numbers now. Thank you.

It does seem that, no matter how many go down, there is always another one when they need a new cinematic.

It’s like being on a Space:1999! forum, save that we’re not counting Eagles.

To my knowledge every Incursion has an airship. So if we count those, then that’s three more lost on either side… of course, then there’s the question of whether these are different airships, but y’know…

I think the Alliance and Horde are sitting on equal losses.

Alliance lost one in Cataclysm, Horde lost three in Cataclysm.

Alliance and Horde both lost one in Mists of Pandaria.

Horde lost at least one gunship at Broken Shore, and Alliance lost two there and then later the Skyfire in Stormheim.

And now we loose three per faction in the most recent patch.

There’s actually two crashed Alliance gunships at Broken Shore, one on the island, and one submerged off of the harpy island.

1 Like