AH bug got me extra items for free

I had a few pets listed on AH before the server merged. Today when I went to collect unsold pets from the mailbox, I got 4 of each pets??? I think when Ravenholdt and Twisting nether merged with Lightninghoof, Maelstrom, and The Venture Company, the bug caused the server to think I had one pet on each of the 3 new servers in addition to Ravenholdt/TW and I ended up with duplicate pets.

And not just me from the look of the pet on AH, some of the rare pets suddenly became 4 more of them.

This is potentially valuable exploit for people to abuse when they know of upcoming server merging they can list many rare and valuable items to last through the merging down time. Blizz might want to look into this and plug it before the next mergers?

1 Like

The same thing happened to me and I’ve hardly seen anyone talking about it. I’m not really sure how to navigate this, are we allowed to sell these extra items? For every single auction I had up that wasn’t a trade good, I got 3 extra copies of it.

I’d hang on to those and not sell it unless we hear from Blizzard or they come around and deleted extra items.

Yeah, I’ve kept everything in my bags/bank and submitted a ticket just in case.

I got the same with a ton of items I had up in the AH. I also have another issue with the merge. Have a small family guild bank with only family in it. I was last off before the merge and first on after the merge. The guild bank is missing almost 400,000 gold from it. No one was hacked. I look at bank logs and it show last entry of 19 days ago. This is false because I put gold in the bank every day.

I opened a ticket. get a reply to look it up in the forums to fix my issue. I reply that forums will not help because it is a glitch on their side. I am then told that my addons are causing the issue. I have no addons. My husband on a different computer has updated addons and sees the same as I do. Also addons can not physicaly take out gold from the bank.

So to help solve the issue of Wow glitching out my gold, I am selling the extra items. I see it as a fund raiser to replace the gold that wow lost. It will no where near cover the 400,000 but it will help. That gold loss is a serious setback on trying to get enough gold for the AH mount.