[A][Grobbulus] ☆<Player vs Pillar>☆ A Wrath of the Lich King Reroll Event!

1. Are you interested in playing the upcoming Wrath of the Lich King expansion but none of your friends play WoW anymore?

2. Do you want to switch mains or factions before the next expansion and want a large group of active players to level and gear with?

3. Do you enjoy World PvP but your server has 99% of one faction? Do you enjoy premade Battlegrounds but can never find a team? Do you want to get into Arena but you’re not sure where to start?

[Player vs Pillar] is an ambitious reroll initiative aimed at PvP and raiding formed on Grobbulus that offers you the chance to start fresh (or for the first time) and experience Classic WoW the way it was intended - with a community. Leveling has never been easier with the TBC nerfs to 20-60 experience and the change to cheap, level 30 mounts. Numerous catch-up mechanics also have been added to the game in the form of Merciless Gladiator honor gear and powerful badge gear of T5-T6 equivalence. Furthermore, changes to heroic dungeons now allow them to be run with Honored reputation instead of Revered. There has never been a better time to dive into Classic WoW than today, and Player vs Pillar is offering you the opportunity to do it with a new and active community of like-minded players.

With the release of the final Burning Crusade Raid Tier, Sunwell Plateau, many eyes are now turning to the officially announced classic expansion for Wrath of the Lich King, likely releasing in the fall or winter of 2022. This is an ideal time to come back to Classic WoW if you’ve stepped away or to join the community for the first time in preparation for the game’s most popular (and most enduring) era.

Grobbulus is one of the most active North American realms and the ONLY PvP realm with a balanced Horde / Alliance faction ratio. It is likely the last vestige of World PvP that exists in the region and is the ideal home for our community. Even better, with the addition of Every Man For Himself and changes to the functionality of Shadowmeld (in-combat vanish finally!), Alliance are widely considered the dominant PvP faction for Wrath of the Lich King.

[Player vs Pillar] has a large and experienced officer core dedicated to fostering an inclusive and drama-free atmosphere for all prospective members; casual or hardcore, new or veteran, young or old. We even have an official Gnome Tolerance policy! We are planning on having scheduled guild events including World PvP raids, live-streamed dueling tournaments (with gold rewards!), 10man PvE raid nights and alt character or twink runs.

Keeping in mind that many players have a level 58 boost they would like to use, or even a level 70 character they would like to transfer in, we would like to make clear that both of those options are very welcomed, even encouraged. We will, however, be launching the guild with some leveling caps in an effort to keep the community active and dissuade people from feeling “left behind”.

Our tentative official launch schedule will be:

Complete! Guild Creation And Recruitment Begins - Tuesday May 10th
Complete! Level 20 Character Cap until Tuesday May 24th
Level 40 Character Cap until Tuesday May 31st
Level 58 Boosts Allowed - Tuesday May 31st
Level 60 Character Cap until - Tuesday June 21st
Level 70 Character Transfers Allowed - Tuesday July 5th

If this project sounds like exactly what you have been waiting for, then hop into Discord and meet the crew. We welcome any questions either in this thread or on the Discord server. The guild has already been formed, and we’re working on filling the guild bank with starter weapons and bags for the new recruits.

Don’t miss this opportunity to get in on the ground floor of [Player vs Pillar] and prepare a Wrath of the Lich King character with a vibrant community! Hope to hear from you.

Discord link: XrU34C5JT9

4 Likes

A man needs a name.

1 Like

Player vs Pillar

But we’re not officially recruiting yet. We’re looking to expand our officer core first. That’s why I didn’t include that info originally, like guild name, raid times, loot distribution methodology, ranking opportunities - that info will all come with our recruitment posts later. Right now, we’re looking for people with leadership qualities and a passion for the idea to get in on the ground level.

Is that you? I’d love it to be :slight_smile:

pvp guilds and wpvp in general are very healthy already on alliance side but welcome to the meat grinder.

Excellent! When I’m on the Isle I tend to see twice as many Horde as Alliance - so even though the faction balance appears to be about 50:50 on most websites that track that sort of thing, my personal experience has been that I need to do Isle quests with a group to avoid getting run over.

We have recruited about 25 new members in the past 2 days! We’re gearing up for some level 19 premade BGs while we continue our recruitment. Great time to join in on the fun, we still have a level cap of 20 for the next two weeks or so.

Message a member in-game, reply to this thread or visit our discord (Discord link: Fa4f57bf) with any questions.

2 Likes

discord link expired, maybe interested was gonna form a guild but joining one and helping out seems more inline with myself.
very high xp player if interested and can go into details of that xp if asked

1 Like

I am interested :slight_smile:on the server already and my Ret is Level 12 atm. Played WOW since original Vanilla and enjoy PVP in retail. Looking for a good PVP experience in Classic!

1 Like

I have updated all of the Discord links! Try this one: XrU34C5JT9

We have quite a large spread of player PvP experience. The officer core has 2400-2600 experience in arenas but the guild membership itself ranges from zero experience at all to low 2000s. We have partners for whatever bracket or skill level you’re looking to engage in.

Stop by our Discord and ask us any questions.

An officer is online most times of the day for invitations, but I will see if I can find you by a character search myself this evening.

Sorry I have been playing around with different characters. Daginn (Shadow Priest), Terrodionger (Feral Druid), Lochobeer (Ret) Not sure of what I want to play yet tbh.

I look forward to reporting your non-RP guild name.

That would be 99% of the guild names on the server. But, by all means. We could change it to something fun like “Dalaran Frostitutes” or “Eleven Inches Unbuffed”. The world is our oyster!

Recruitment is still well underway. We have now recruited over 110 members in 14 days, most ranging from level 10 to level 50. We’re trying to have a few dozen people all hit level 60 together to push into Burning Crusade content!

Although recruitment remains wide open we have particularly high need of:

Feral Druid
Holy Paladin
Ele/Resto Shaman
Warlocks
Mages

Hope to hear from you!

1 Like

dam u sure showed them

1 Like

WE ARE NOW ACCEPTING ANY LEVEL 58 BOOSTED CHARACTERS.

With more and more of our levelers approaching the 55-60 stretch we have opened recruitment for those people with level 58 boosts they would like to use.

Recruitment priority is currently:

HIGH - Holy Paladin
HIGH - Feral Druid
HIGH - Mages
HIGH - Warlocks
Medium - Balance/Rdruid
Medium - Ele/Rshaman
Medium - Prot Paladin / Ret Paladin
Low - Rogue
Low - Warrior
Low - Hunter

We currently have WAY too many warriors and rogues for any reasonable expectation of a raid spot. If you’d like to roll warrior or rogue for PvP purposes, we’re happy to have you. But forewarning, I cannot guarantee raid spots to 30 rogues and 40 warriors.

We will be heading through the Dark Portal and smashing into TBC content in the next 1-2 weeks. We have people leveling from level 1 all the way to level 59 right now with plenty of people for groups / dungeons at any level range. Looking forward to hearing from you!

2 Likes

Still heavily recruiting the above classes! Lots of folks leveling from scratch and a few bringing higher levels into the mix. Will be doing pvp premades in the 60-69 bracket soon, come join in on the fun!

1 Like

“Together ape strong”

Still recruiting! Over 200 unique members with many people just crossing the dark portal now. Come check us out.

Ngl… A lot of your members don’t seem unique and share the same toxicity.

Especially during dungeon runs.

It’s a PvP guild. It attracts toxicity. Guild leadership cannot possibly police the behavior of members in dungeons / BGs we’re not in. I’d encourage you to take screenshots of any interactions you have that you consider egregious and send them to an officer on Discord so that the associated player(s) may be approached. The problem is, what you find “toxic” and what we find “toxic” might be pretty different. Racism, sexism, discrimination based on orientation or religious / political belief are strictly against the guild’s code of conduct and will be met with swift action. Calling someone a noob for playing like a noob is not something we’re looking to enforce.

“Guild leadership cannot possibly police the behavior”

We have investigated ourselves and have found no wrong doing!

I mean… it’s true…

If a guild member breaks the ToS by behaving in a racist, homophobic or misogynistic manner then report it to Blizzard. They have chat logs and are happy to dole out suspensions or bans for this type of behavior. If their behavior is “toxic”, but not necessary something that violates the game’s ToS, you can always report it to an officer in-game or submit it to an officer on Discord. You can /who Pillar and ask someone from the list if an officer is online and have that conversation with them. Submitting a screenshot of the interaction(s) on Discord carries more weight, as there is some semblance of evidence.

Either way, if you don’t let anyone know, how are WE supposed to know? I cannot possibly police the behavior of over 200 members interacting with the community if people aren’t approaching guild leadership about incidents… I left my crystal ball at work…

Let an officer know and we can handle egregious instances of behavior. But what you may find “toxic”, we may not. Trolling, general a$$holery, gruffness, condescension or non-participation aren’t feasibly actionable.

Furthemore, and this is particularly relevant, at this stage of the guild we have an open recruitment. We’re not doing sit-down interviews in Discord, talking with previous guild leadership for references, etc. I have absolutely zero idea who most people we /ginvite are, what they’re like, what their history is or how they will fit into guild / server culture. I am absolutely positive that, purely statistically, a chunk of the people we currently have in our membership are toxic rats. But how are we supposed to know until they expose themselves as such? Help us help you. If someone shows their true, and ugly, colors in-game, reach out.

1 Like