Agent rooting around in my desktop folder?

A few minutes ago, the system (Catalina 10.15.3) alerted me to Battle.net’s Agent process trying to access my desktop folder. I denied it, because there’s no good reason for a game launcher background process to do that.

Has anybody else seen this? Is this just Warden doing its anticheat thing or what?

It’s interesting that you just posted this. I saw this for the first time ever a few moments ago. I’m on Catalina 10.15.5. Hope we get a response as to whether or not to allow it. The game seems to play fine without the access. Just odd it suddenly asked for that permission after years of playing on a Mac.

Hey folks,

This is new and unexpected behavior, and the devs would like to figure out why it’s happening. Would you please send us some logs of this happening so we can figure out why it’s doing this? To do this, download our log goblin utility, run it, and email the resulting file using this information.

To: techinfo@blizzard.com
Subject: Attn: Drakuloth - Mac OS Desktop Access Issue

The more of these logs we have, the better, so if anybody else is seeing this behavior, please send the files our way. Thanks for reporting this!

Thanks so much for the responses. The log has been generated and emailed, but it bounced back saying the attachment is too large. Is there a shared folder where I can upload it?

Rexe,

Can you email us that rejection notice you received? We’d like to look into why that’s been happening for a bit now.

We received the copy that you uploaded to your drive. Thanks for that! For the rest of you, please send us more logs if you can.

Not MacOS related but in the past when I had Process Monitor running on Windows the Agent process was trying to “access” (for lack of a better term) drives and folders it wasn’t installed in. I checked again recently and I don’t recall seeing this again.

Darn necromancer this thread was almost a year old.