AFKing in Korraks and report system abuse

So I went back to the base and got an angle where I could see all the people (6+) on top of SP hall. They were using Turnip Punching Bags to stay “active”. I called them out into chat so people could report them and moments later I was mass reported and removed as an AFK even though that clearly wasn’t the case. At least I had time to report each of them through the cheating tab though admittedly I hold little confidence in the effectiveness of that feature.

Great system blizz. The cheaters prosper and those who call them out for it are punished by your system.

3 Likes

Yep exactly, the afk report system is highly abuseable, all it needs is a few people to report you for whatever reason and you have to suffer a deserter penalty.

3 Likes

I agree that the system is easily abused. It happens in dungeons too. Some troll will do a vote to kick and give a reason like, “they whispered to me using a racist term” and you not only don’t even see the reason, but you don’t even get a chance to defend yourself from absurd claims. I do not know the actual solution to this. The worst is being troll kicked right before the last boss. You put in all that work and don’t get the benefits.

The kick system is needed because people have held groups hostage, like a tank bringing in a friend to AFK and not leaving. And there should be some penalty to actually discourage people from doing so. Truthfully I wish there were some sort of counter claim to report the people who abuse it, but that would take time, wouldn’t get rid of the 15 minute debuff, and probably take a real person to review logs and let’s face it, they’d get bogged down in no time with claims and counter claims. I wish I knew a solution as I have been trolled a few times myself.

well, some things are considered unwise. whenever I call people out in chat I try to at least be funny or as salty as possible so that way they keep me around.

It works very well to kick the Mages out who drop portals … I love it

Dont you get a solid minute to get into combat?

Thing is, they arent cheating. They are simply afking. The turnip doesnt last long enough to even have an impact. They are better off just hitting the space bar.

Not if enough ( I think around 5-6 ) report you afk … you are kicked out immediately

That seems suspicious.

1 Like

It works just fine …I have led efforts to kick Mages who drop portals several times and have got them out . Have to report after the gate opens though .

If they’re afking, they don’t belong there. Reporting them for being AFK is the proper thing to do.

1 Like

No, it’s done to get people who try to keep from being booted by using toys like in OP’s example out of the game.

1 Like

Then it’s bad design because that can be abused quickly if this is the case. Also traditionally it was pvp combat you had to do, not any old thing to prevent the afk debuff.