Affliction Warlock Feedback

(Xoja) #1561
I’m definitely fond of old Warlock iterations but I’m of the belief that they don’t necessarily need to come back in full form but Blizz should at least consider why a lot of us don’t really like UA stacking and why we think of old iterations and compare.

They talk about wanting to emphasize strengths, weaknesses and double down on moments of glory but I wonder if an intended side effect of that is some specs just not being desired in certain parts of the game like PVP or Mythic+ (not saying people don’t want Aff in M+ but other specs, absolutely). I also wonder if fun is even a factor anymore.

Straying off topic again I realize but I think it needs to be said.

(Yatogami) #1562
Rip warlocks

(Ojoverde) #1563
i wish affliction warlock dots were important in damage, right now they are a joke.

(Jessail) #1564
11/05/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Ojoverde
i wish affliction warlock dots were important in damage, right now they are a joke.
I don't know what your rotation is... but for mine my dots are the majority of my damage.. that said I'm primarily PvE... so ramp time isn't as much of an issue for me.

(Xoja) #1565
11/05/2018 01:35 PMPosted by Jessail
11/05/2018 12:38 PMPosted by Ojoverde
I don't know what your rotation is... but for mine my dots are the majority of my damage.. that said I'm primarily PvE... so ramp time isn't as much of an issue for me.

He’s probably referring to PVP, especially arenas which aren’t really built for DoT/rot comps right now so Aff relies on Inevitable Demise windows for “good” damage rather than our DoTs themselves.

I will say Aff is actually pretty good in BGs, it’s just not great in arena. Wouldn’t call it fun or engaging, but it works. Most of the Warlocks playing it are only doing so because they love the spec, not because it is strong or fotm.

(Ojoverde) #1566
Yeah, i was talking about arenas, but also about rapid switching targets in dungeons, we arent efficient in doing damage like that.

(Jessail) #1567
11/05/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Ojoverde
Yeah, i was talking about arenas, but also about rapid switching targets in dungeons, we arent efficient in doing damage like that.

My current build is the AOE dungeon/Raid build. Generally speaking the goal is to open with PS, then Seed, then do UA+Agony combos to generate shards and boost damage, when you run out of shards you put haunt on a target and keep agonys going to get more shards. In AOE situations you shouldn't need to stack UAs unless you have spare shards which is almost never the case.

(Sefirosuwar) #1568
all-right so tomorrow is normal patch update day for PTR lets hope that since its been down all week since last update that we will see a big release with updates to afflic come out tomorrow. since its like the last class to not get communication on updates but get called out in the QA sessions.
other then that we have till December 11th to wait for demon armor and demonic embrace....

(Xoja) #1569
11/05/2018 03:57 PMPosted by Sefirosuwar
all-right so tomorrow is normal patch update day for PTR lets hope that since its been down all week since last update that we will see a big release with updates to afflic come out tomorrow. since its like the last class to not get communication on updates but get called out in the QA sessions.
other then that we have till December 11th to wait for demon armor and demonic embrace....

Really hoping to see updates but I doubt it. I think Seph would have posted something by now if they were doing anything notable tomorrow.

Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised haha

(Ojoverde) #1570
so this is what it means to be on the radar as affliction warlock:
a rogue nerf, nothing on the ptr notes about it.

live ptr
talents
drain soul 6,901 over 4.1s 6,501 in 4.3s
siphon life 9,287 over 15s and 30% healing 9,109 in 15s 30% Healing
Phantom Singularity 18,360 over 13.2s 25% healing 18,752 over 13.7s 25%healing
Haunt 5,064 inc dmg 10% 4,7065 inc dmg 10%
grimoire of sacrifice 3,223 3,032

spells
agony 14,426 18s 14,387 18s
corruption 11,220 14s 11,010 14s
Drain life 5,522 4.1s 5,201 4.3s
Haunt 5,064 inc dmg 10% 4,765
shadow fury cast time 1.2s cast time 1.3s
shadow bolt 4,143 1.6s cast time 3,899 1.7s cast time
seed of corruption 2,955 9.9s det 3,125 10.3 det
Fear cast time 1.4s 1.5s cast time
UA 9,950 1.2s cast 10%inc dmg 7,880 dis 10,415 1.3s cast 10%inc dmg 8,332 dis
demnonic embrace 0 10%stamina
mastery:potent afflictions 38.5% 50.3%

(Xoja) #1571
Ojo, I recopied my Warlock (so she would have the same stat weights as live) to the PTR and compared, all of my numbers are the same. You may be looking at characters with different stats.

Everything is the same for me... tooltip damage, durations and same Mastery %.

So basically we're still untouched.

Also build notes are purely datamined, not posted by Blizz. If strings or numbers actually changed they very likely would have been caught by MMO-C and WH.

(Diora) #1572
From the looks of things , every class getting major changes has been announced. At this point major changes for us would only get tested for a month or less on ptr. Looks like we are stuck with demon armor and a small stam buff.

(Yatogami) #1573
Blizz went the route of nerfing classes that hurt warlocks and buffing classes that warlocks sometimes play with to sideways buff warlocks, while also doing nothing to make people want to actually q with warlocks

Then gave rsham an anti warlock honor talent

(Xoja) #1574
Leaving feedback is exhausting. I don’t know what else to say or contribute. We’ve left so much feedback about UA and other things that I really hope it is being looked into.

Surely there is a shard spending design that works better than the current one for all content, not just half of it.

(Sefirosuwar) #1575
11/07/2018 01:08 PMPosted by Xoja
Leaving feedback is exhausting. I don’t know what else to say or contribute. We’ve left so much feedback about UA and other things that I really hope it is being looked into.

Surely there is a shard spending design that works better than the current one for all content, not just half of it.

THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO SAY
We have left all the feedback there is to leave, the silence and lack of updates have left us with nothing new to tell cause the issues haven't changed. this thread should have died with the thread cap lock. just like aff in PVP.

(Láxi) #1576
Guys don't you know? It will be fix in 9.0

(Kulrülk) #1577
11/07/2018 01:22 PMPosted by Sefirosuwar
THERE IS NOTHING ELSE TO SAY

Exactly , they haven't said anything and the chance of them doing anything is slim , i have given up expecting any real meaningful changes for locks, it will be number tuning that is it.

Worst class designers ever.

(Delofasht) #1578
There is plenty of things I could say, but by the time they were to get around to any of it, then I am likely not to care anymore. Even when they do change things, it tends to be on stuff we never asked for and do not really want. One major example was pruning so they can adjust talents years ago, which lead to our trees being full of abilities we used to have baseline. Another would be artifact weapon, removing one failed system by adding another that would fail. There is a massive disconnect going on here, they cannot seem to recognize that balancing utilizing gear has not been working for 4 expansions.

In years past, I stated that the developers have had a chance unlike any before to really change the game. The have never taken that chance, instead focusing on the same problems consistently, and getting the same kind of results. The major focus of the most successful content of the game was not on gear and loots, it was when the game was centered on individual character developments and lots of choices in builds. Getting back to that means accepting that the past 6 years of development has been headed in the wrong direction.

After adjusting the course to resolve class design, being sure to combine existing effects from gear into baseline abilitie (combining talents and gear into baseline abilities, rather than removing anything), then they could use gear and talents to change magnitude, direction, velocity, and other physics of abilities with gear. This would allow the game design to become very deep.

Will they ever take my advice? Probably not, but there again, I made lists of ideas over the years and have seen a number of them implemented, wrecked, made into gear options, and other elements in ways that really did not resolve things. . . So it is always possible that my ideas are no good either, or the implementation of them is simply outside of the programmers abilities to code.

(Diora) #1579
I got so excite when i saw warlock changes , but sadly its a small demo change.
Back to disappointment i go.

(Yatogami) #1580
When I opened up wowhead and saw warlock I was hype af then I saw demo and went back to small PP.

In other news what are you guys playing instead of your warlocks?