Affliction Warlock Feedback

(Sucy) #1521
10/30/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Deacar
Thought blizzard was going to take a look at affliction and change us to a more multi-dot focused spec. Where are the changes?

Coming soon™.

(Deacar) #1522
10/30/2018 09:29 PMPosted by Sucy
10/30/2018 08:15 PMPosted by Deacar
Thought blizzard was going to take a look at affliction and change us to a more multi-dot focused spec. Where are the changes?

Coming soon™.

9.0?

(Malyx) #1523
Whats the point in bring back Drain Soul and Nightfall when Deathbolt outclasses it in both performance and scaling.

(Ojoverde) #1524
10/30/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Malyx
Whats the point in bring back Drain Soul and Nightfall when Deathbolt outclasses it in both performance and scaling.

to give the illusion that we got options....lol

(Deacar) #1525
10/30/2018 11:14 PMPosted by Ojoverde
10/30/2018 10:35 PMPosted by Malyx

to give the illusion that we got options....lol

Isn't this pretty much BFA?

"You can target which azerite you want!"

Item level increases should feel like an upgrade!

(Yatogami) #1526
New ptr build dropped last night

Zero warlock changes

(Xoja) #1527
10/31/2018 05:29 AMPosted by Yatogami
New ptr build dropped last night

Zero warlock changes

Months of feedback might yield nothing but passive HP and armor. Pretty sad.

(Theslash) #1528
Last post in June, it's November.

Poor Warlocks

(Jessail) #1529
TL:DR; Warlocks are good enough from the dev team's perspective as best I can tell, they have no intention of making changes in the foreseeable future.

I've refrained from posting because it just turns into thread bumps for no reason. So this will be my last post for awhile unless there are changes or I have something worthwhile to say.

At this point I'm getting the feeling that blizz considers warlocks 'done enough' in comparison to other classes that are hurting more. Given that we seem to be literally lowest priority among casters (and probably in general). I doubt we'll see anything in the foreseeable future at least for 8.1 if not 8.2. Normally I would have expected a balancing meta with the new raids but I'm not seeing that. They seem to be focusing on tuning warlocks via our azerite traits (ugggg) rather than the core fixes that are actually necessary.

I suspect this is because Azerite makes metas almost impossible to properly tune for if you change the underlying setup. thus blizz is focusing on tuning each spec for a few 'expected' metas with Azerite, knowing full well the rest are garbage.

(Theslash) #1530
10/31/2018 11:36 AMPosted by Jessail
in comparison to other classes that are hurting more

This is not a thing. Warlocks are the worst class in the game by no small margin.

(Sefirosuwar) #1531
What do you all think of something like this. for a fix for UA stacking since they will double down and not remove it.

That's why I'm gonna start offering up idea's on how to fix it.

Unstable Affliciton Costs 1 shard - UA duration is unaffected by haste effects. haste increases tick rate and amount of ticks
Lasts 25secs - Deals x total Damage and if dispelled does x total damage
Applying UA again (up to 4 times) reduces the duration by 5 seconds and deals 5 secs worth of damage as instant shadow damage.

UA - Stacking/Spamming stays
UA - Azerite Traits still work
UA - PVP Dispel Protection is fixed - also reapplying 1 UA vs 5 during PVP is doable with our current survival levels.
UA - can be both burst and ROT with this design.
NO changes to soul shards needed and afflictions basically plays the exact same way.
Deathbolt and Darkglare are still good but less attractive something most people want to see.
Puts damage back into the dots and focus on maintenance.

(Mallunoth) #1532
Affliction Warlock:

1- Low Survivability at its core. Blizz's solution: Bandaid PvP talent that takes a PvP talent slot, and maybe it will not be enough. Other classes' like Shadow Priests and Moonkins = baseline mitigation.

2- "The" DoT class has mediocre spread Rot damage, and has DoTs that are inferior to other classes'. Timers are too short, damage is laughable outside UA stacking. UA dispel is a joke without stacking, and there are too many DoT removals in the game. Blizz's solution so far = nothing.

3- Null mobility. We need a usable snare (not that joke that is the Sucubbus), so we can make use of our (2) Gap Openers and breath for like a second or 2 before the enemy closes in again with their superior number of Gap Closers. Blizz's solution so far = nothing.

As you clearly don't know wtf you are doing, You could just give us Wrath's, Cata's or MoP's version of Affliction. It's WAY better than the current joke that your incompetence provided for the Warlock players.

(Xoja) #1533
If nothing is going to be done with UA stacking, can we at least look at honor talents like Endless Affliction?

I don’t even know where offensive honor talents fit in right now for Affliction because our defense is so bad we can’t afford to take any and will be limited to 2 with Demon Armor but Endless Affliction is a dead talent and has been since early in Legion.

I’m amazed that it has not been changed or improved.

(Lotharios) #1534
Don't worry... well get buffed in 8.1....
3 months later..

(Sucy) #1535
blizz considers warlocks 'done enough' in comparison to other classes that are hurting more.

>hurting more than warlocks
PvP conformed for minigame that the devs don't consider as valid gameplay

(Jessail) #1536
11/01/2018 04:19 PMPosted by Sucy
blizz considers warlocks 'done enough' in comparison to other classes that are hurting more.

Compared to spriest we're sitting pretty... that said that's a queen of the pigs situation.

(Sucy) #1537
11/01/2018 04:51 PMPosted by Jessail

Compared to spriest we're sitting pretty... that said that's a queen of the pigs situation.

how did this even hit live in this state?
They clearly either didn't test or didn't care

(Jessail) #1538
11/01/2018 05:01 PMPosted by Sucy

how did this even hit live in this state?
They clearly either didn't test or didn't care

My guess: timelines, by the time they realized they should have just kept legion and rolled our artifact traits baseline it was too late and they were committed to azerite. But honestly I think they released about six months to early, that said there wasn't six months of content left in legion so it was kinda up a creek without a paddle either way.

(Paint) #1539
For warlocks sake, I’m so surprised there hasn’t been a blue just surfing through and giving you guys some info. Pray for the spooky classes!

(Bertimus) #1540

?? Spriest is amazing in pvp? It doesn’t play the way anyone wants it to but it works.