Affliction sims confusion

So I’ve been simming my character, both for top gear and stat weights, and it’s telling me to stack crit. Is this right? I always thought crit was bottom of the barrel for afflic stats

My only guess is because I have 3 cascading calamity, and 2 overwhelming power traits. So maybe haste isn’t as valuable to me??

Would really appreciate any of you master warlocks input. I’m just really confused

With all the random haste procs we get, yes it would be fair to assume that haste isnt as valuable as it used to be.

That being said the general consensus from the warlock discord is that stat weights are generally useless and you should always use top gear to sim upgrades.

1 Like

I have been using top gear more. I only used stat weights because top gear was telling me to swap all my gems and enchants to crit, and switch some gear around for more crit.

It’s just weird :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

If you havent already, go ahead and check out the warlock discord and look in the FAQ section, it will give an explanation on this kinda drastic change in stat weights we’ve all been seeing. TLDR; trinkets+essences scale off neck level, crit, and vers. they are not a small portion of our damage by any means, so certain procs are going to scale exclusively from crit/vers.

like i said tho, check the lock discord, there is a far cleaner explanation

1 Like

I am also very confused about this! everything you read says mastery and haste. I used to be at high mastery and now its pretty low after using raidbots and it keeps telling me more vers and crit. My stats are currently 22% crit, 19% haste, 44% mastery and 10% vers and it still want more vers and crit over mastery and haste. Is this actually correct? and what is this warlock discord you speak of? please help!

Google council of the black harvest discord and there will be a link you can use for either in brower disc or to copy/paste in the app.

Edit: The link for the lock discord is in the pinned message at the top of the class forum

Stats for everything have changed dramatically because of both benthic and essences. There are still BiS of both, and as you hit those marks along with your ideal azerite traits your stats will adjust accordingly. if you’re running a top gear sim then yes, its correct. If you’re running a stat weights sim, stop doing that and run a top gear sim.

1 Like

I think it depends on your playstyle preference, talents, essences, traits, trinkets, and content.