Affliction is actually unplayable

Title

This entire spec is so hilariously undertuned I cannot even describe it

UA doing like 12K damage? Lol

1 Like

i agree, blizzard should buff dks.

1 Like

I agree, let’s get really mad about tuning of a class right before a new expansion.

Im not mad.

I think its funny

Then I don’t agree, I want to be mad

1 Like

Well if you’re mad ill be mad too

Im going to slam some doors. Later

1 Like

Yeah UA is weak but their multi dotting is extremely strong. Even if it is mostly just 1 button.

If anything, people are going to be more upset now than before because the chance for a tune for a lot of classes are gone.

E.g. Enhance/Affy.

The two specs I was really hoping would be good again…

At least frost got 2H back.

Trying out Aff tonight. Not OP but really not that bad.

1 Like

Well let us know how that works out

https://imgur.com/a/zO4JyL4
https://imgur.com/a/V4UQymA

Like I said, not OP but not unplayable. And yes, my keybinds are trash lol… and gear mediocre for this time of the xpac.

Ya so I let dopeys talk me out of my Love Aff all expac.

Got my Lock a little gear. Nothing crazy some WQ gear over 8.3 a single rank 2 Mindflay, 449 ilvl, botd CNS and Vision at R3. Cloak rank 2.

Played that in 2s with my buddies fresh 120 rogue, went 14/22. I don’t think it’s as bad as people are making it out… We were beating MUCH better geared teams with ease, and even the games we lost were close.

Full dot someone, hit Dark Soul, dump all 5 UAs, and dealthbolt into BOTD and they are dead.

Is that as easy as hitting chaos bolt. No, but I cannot stand and refuse to play Destro, I’d rather spend the time doing all that then standing there casting a 4 sec chaos bolt like a neckbeard. Destro is the slowest lamest spec I have ever played. I know it seems better with high haste and corruptions, but I honestly just can’t. Never could, tried before swapping back to Aff, still can’t.

So you played bgs and equate tab targeting dot damage to a spec being good?

Affliction can deal random tab target dot damage, it just cannot do anything else that’s meaningful in PvP

You were winning because your buddy is playing rogue.

A destro lock could replace you and provide twice the damage and control, while also being a literal tank in terms of how hard they are to kill

The issue with affliction is that it’s a step below everything else. The spec has minimal control, is entirely negated by a single dispel, has no mobility, is not tanky, and lacks burst. Oh, and only has 1 spell school so 1 kick is basically a silence

So yeah, you can kill someone… if they’re dumb enough to let you cc their partner, drop darksoul, cast 5 UA’s without them kicking you, then pop darkglare, and having them not use a dispel or defensive for the duration of those dots

Meanwhile destruction pops CDs, and gimps you with .9 second cast bolts in a 3 second death coil window that you cannot stop. Oh and they cleave it to your partner so you both eat the CC

Bottom line: While affliction can be made to work in PvP, demo and destro can do everything affliction does, and do it better, while also being harder to kill and providing more control

What do you think Aff is? It is literally a tab target dot damage spec… its downfall is one spell school, I agree. It has all the control a destro has minus havoc coil and multiple spell schools.

1 Like

Still better than Shamans

/shrug

they look really amazing in SL

It has all utility destro has except 1 less coil every cd and the affy gates are way better and more impactful on any map where base gate has value in itself.
affy gate can do what every other gate does plus even more broken stuff.

tab targetting agony isn’t meaningless damage.

it’s just everybody else around you creating variances in the context.

All 3 destro specs are the same outside of mastery, but no destro should be taking mastery over versa.

tab agony just does more overall damage than any destro player in the game.

again, all destro specs are tanky purely because of demonskin soul leech.

And infernal stun. Forgot to add that in my post. Curious what you mean by affy gates are better. Is gateway diff from destro to aff?

1 Like