Afflicted die to spiders and spawn souls on Yazma fight

The weekly affix will literally spawn souls you need to DPS in conjunction with your actual player ones, and they will die to spiders (and kill people near them). If you don’t pull the boss away, they will 1-2x stack the debuff and wipe the group as well, which is super cool.

I’m not sure if this is intended, but it’s absolutely savage in push keys if you’re not expecting it.

3 Likes

I had to read this 10 times to figure out what you meant. Sounds terrible. I did an AD last night and guess I was lucky enough to avoid the overlap. Do they automatically apply their cast time debuff if they die?

In a more benevolent version Rezan can also choose them as his fixate target.

Seems something in the patch made them a valid target for every ability bosses do.

They also can trigger the raptors during Rezan if they spawn on one of the bone piles! This is fun!

1 Like

I noticed something similar in BRH today: the afflicted insta-died in the green lines on the floor on 3rd boss. The first time I saw one, I was so confused as to what killed it that I almost forgot to pop defensive for the stomp.

This one’s my favorite LOL

Is that where all those bleeping bleepers were coming from!? I was losing my damn mind at what I thought was incompetent pugs.

I also just started noticing afflicted “randomly” dying which at first I thought was a bug then eventually I noticed it was boss mechanics that were killing them and sometimes trash abilities too. So it seems they can suffer friendly fire. Then I asked myself has it always worked this way and I just never noticed or a recent change?

Most of the time this change is great but on Yazma it definitely wiped my group once because an afflicted triggered a spider explosion that killed 2 people that were too close but didn’t actually touch the spider.

No when they get killed by a boss or I’ve even seen some trash mob abilities kill them it counts as if they are dispelled/healed. But if you are using one of the many WA out there the WA does not pick up that they were killed so it can cause some panic trying to find the ghost that is no longer there. Fortunately when they get killed they fall to the ground as a dead body (I think they just disappear when dispelled?) so just look for that.

At 11:09 a.m. PST today, we deployed the following hotfix:

Dungeons

• In Mythic+ difficulties, Afflicted Souls will no longer be treated as players.

This was a bug that allowed Afflicted Souls to be targeted by enemy abilities and therefore trigger mechanics unintentionally.

5 Likes

Wonderful. <3

hooray, also incorp/afflicted are still terrible affixes and need to be removed at some point

9 Likes

Did this address it still being targetable by Augmentation abilities like Ebon Might, Prescience, and Shifting Sands?

This will work for summoned trinkets creatures and summons from others players?

I don’t think the underlying problem is fixed as Everbloom council fight they will be targeted by the poison poils. Just had a run end because of it.

How does this affect Monk’s revival ability?

They are now included in Revival as well as ANCIENT TEACHINGS!!! It feels amazing, before it felt very awkward healing as a monk because your primary source of healing didn’t heal the Souls. Now you can easily as a monk Dispell one Souls then cast a instant vivify on the other and let your passive healing from Ancient Teachings finish it off.

Or as you were asking you can just use revival.

1 Like