Affix Update - my thoughts and yours!

Blizzard/Ion, I don’t get why affixes are so hard for you guys to wrap your heads around. Here’s how you fix some of your affixes:

• Grievous - Limit the stack or the damager per stack so it’s not quite as overwhelming when paired with various dungeon mechanics. This one isn’t bad, but it is too hard. And really gimps healers like druids and monks. Just make it so any healing gets rid of it…Or turn this into a heal absorb that can’t be dispelled. Or make it dispellable but make it so 2 or 3 go out at once.

• Quaking - Get rid of the interrupt part of this mechanic and instead put in a 25% slow. If people stay stacked and get hit then they’ll get nuked same as always.

• Volcanic - Honestly, I like how it sometimes wouldn’t spawn directly beneath you so you didn’t have to move. Maybe make it spawn a little less often but otherwise this was fine.

• Incorporeal - Sure, we’ll try it out.

• Afflicted - So what happens to classes that can’t dispell this stuff? Are we just going to have “master” class groups where people only invite those who can take care of these debuffs? What happens to classes like warlocks for example? Why not just make this a healer mechanic like in Gorefiend, where a friendly target spawns who needs heals and when you top them off they buff your group? Better yet, the friendly target could have different things wrong it every time is spawns. Maybe it’s a bleed, debuff, or absorb and the reward for each instance could be different. I know right, who wants a mechanic to reward? It’s not like the few affixes that buffed weren’t much more favored over others right?

• Entangling - Why? Does it have to slow, AND stun. Why do your mechanics almost always have to be double bad? The slow component isn’t enough when having to deal with regular dungeon mechanics + the other affixes?

And finally EXPLOSIVE - ideally, GET RID OF THIS ONE. Otherwise, the hardest part about explosives is targeting them during large pulls. Especially when lazy players expect the healer to take care of all of them, we spend valuable seconds/GCDs tabbing to find the explosive. And most often than not, I’ll tab past the target I need by accident and waste more time trying to get back to it. This one just SUCKS. TAKE IT OUT. I literally don’t heal during explosive weeks because trash players expect healers to take care of everything.

If you really really really want to leave explosive then just make it AOEable. Seriously, it’s not hard to fix this stuff…

I like the new affixes, they are basically non-existent.

2 Likes

The affixes must be an early April fools joke because they stink, and will make Mythic plus worse.

2 Likes

From what I’ve seen/heard/read, 99.9% really negative feedback so far on these affixes. I sure hope Blizzard pays attention.

As a tank, the sheer amount of frontals, kicks, stops, etc. needed to survive is outrageous, these affixes are absolutely a kick to the gut for players. Get rid of these stupid affixes, keep fort and tyrannical, and make a unique seasonal affix.

Dungeons rotating each season is going to increase the learning curve and have more potential for affixes to collide with dungeon mechanics.

I get the affixes are to keep it fresh, but honestly, with dungeons rotating the need for these overly impactful affixes has been removed. Tune fort/tyran correctly, and give us a kiss/curse seasonal affix.

It’s a game afterall, you don’t need to actively make it not fun. How there’s a team of people who look this over and sign off on it to go to PTR is insane, do they even play the game?

I take my words back, the number of incorporeals and explosives are stupidly high. The other 2 entanglement and afflicted are non-existent, but incorporeal and explosives need major nerfs or redesign.

1 Like

Glad I’m not the only one who thinks these affix design choices are utter trash. Thanks guys and new people reading this please make your voice heard as well! Let’s take back M+!

It wouldn’t be such a problem if it wasn’t for an entire week. Like every day the affixes rotated. Or different dungeons had different affixes for the week. But too often an affix combination is near impossible for some classes/specs, and easy more for others, and you’re forced to basically take a week off.

Dungeon mechanics are different for every dungeon, and even for every boss. Working around 1 or 2 bosses/pulls is one thing, but affixes are so prevalent there’s no real ‘working around’ them.