Aer you rerolling for 9.1+?

I’ve been thinking about rerolling to either a SPriest or Ele Shaman. Are you going to stay a hunter for 9.1, if so why?

I still like the Hunter toolkit and playstyle, I just wish it wasn’t to trash-tier in arena. There was literally more success from DEMON HUNTER teams in the last few weeks of the AWC than there were from Hunter teams, and that’s after the “BM is meta now!” fad. It might do decent consistent pressure on the move, but it’s so boring and still not even good at the highest level.

Hoping 9.1 has actual mechanical changes for MM or Surv, the fun Hunter specs. Take Double Tap off of GCD (or make it give an Aimed Shot/Rapid Fire CD reset on use), Scatter and Trap on different DR, Pet Res reduced to 3 seconds, something…

All 3 Hunter specs are very lackluster in PvP and so far the only 9.1 notes for Hunter changes were a very insignificant +15% dmg on Raptor Strike/Kill Command, hardly a buff at all.

With Ferals getting their own Mortal Strike effect the ONLY long-standing “meta” Hunter composition, Jungle, probably won’t even be an option for us anymore, as every Feral will just play with the S-tier casters and no Hunters will find games.

We need some big changes in 9.1 or I might swap to play my Shaman.

1 Like

Cause in raid we one of the best classes for doing the mechanics while still putting out consistent dps. Example vats for innerva, soaks hungering ect ect.

1 Like

I have a couple alts ready to go, but i spend too much time solo due to small guild so i need a class that can handle whatever i want to do in that regard, so ive worked on a lock… but the reality is that it isnt really as close a comparison as i had hoped.

I’m going to keep playing BM. Because I like playing BM. Doesn’t matter much where they fall out for me, I’m not pushing past AOTC.

3 Likes

Gonna keep playing BM. Was my main since vanilla

Not anymore. The damage, especially ST, is so bad by now, and will continue to scale badly, that a mage, druid or wl can do all the mechanics and still out-dps the hunter.

Sims aren’t reflecting that infact if you look at the some of the new raid bonuses they benefit hunter more than the other classes you have referred too. We also get new abilities thanks to the sylv drop that unfortunately can’t test yet but may also be a large dif maker.

To be fair, this is considering the current standing and scaling. A lot of new stuff can shake that up.
Do you have a link to the sims you are refering to?

After my guild decided we were done raiding mythic for the tier, I decided to re-roll from a multispec monk to survival for 9.1.

Why? The class is fun to play, and I’m good at it. I also want to mainly focus on M+ in 9.1- and survival is an absolute BLAST to play in dungeons. :slight_smile:

I already play every class anyways, so no rerolls necessary. I’m just hoping Necro or Venthyr might become more competitive for M+ from some last second change (cues laughter), as I find both WS and RA rather dull by comparison. (Currently have a NF Hunter stated towards MM and a Venthyr SV.)

Yes I’m rerolling from WW to BM. BM just feels amazing right now. (PvP)

But I have 1 of the every class at 60 so other options are available. Kinda thinking Sin Rogue or Frost Mage too