Advanced Guide To Dragon Racing, By Tynne Frostping! (AKA: "The Wristbreakers")

Wow! So you’re a hot shot now! You got your way through the initial courses, you had a few fireballs to dodge, you’re hot stuff, huh? Maybe you even got all Gold ranks even! That’s impressive! Maybe you even used my previous guide to help you!

Tynne casually opens up a nearby tome leading to https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/intro-to-dragon-racing-guide-by-tynne-frostping-wow/1421763.

Then the fun stops. You’re met with the Advanced courses.

It gets serious now.

Let’s begin. In earnest.

First, Max Out Your Dragonriding Tree. Not even an option. You need all the Vigor you can get.

Second, hope you weren’t relying on those Wind Gusts from earlier! They’re gone now! They’re entirely replaced with Vigor boosts, and you more or less need to catch each one within reason: There are some that will guaranteed knock you off course.

Third, turns are significantly sharper. If you weren’t using Mouse Turning before, you really have no choice now. I recommend proper wrist protection or, at least, some ice handy.

Fourth, there’s a lot of Fun Obstacles! Hitting any one of them will guarantee you won’t get a Gold rank. They either slow you significantly or stop you entirely, both bad. Keep in mind Surge Forward will render you immune to them for it’s duration. At least some: I was slowed by some obstacles despite this.

Finally, Gold timers give NO room for error. Not even a bit. You thought you had the perfect lap? You’re behind .300s of a second. You need perfect execution and basically non-stop speed if you’re wanting Gold.

Having, after putting a bit of ice on my wrist, hit Gold in the Waking Isles Advanced course, I say it is very much worth it…but you will be tested. You will be tried to your utmost extremes!

It’s scary, but I think you can do it! If I can, anyone can!

…Well…that’s also probably not true…I need better motivating closing messages…

Anyway! I may try the next wave of races for a bit but that’s it for this quick guide to more ADVANCED racing!

Bye!

3 Likes

Cool, so all those hours wasted playing space and flight sims are about to pay off! :innocent:

I will be honest, I play a bit of Forza so the racing experience helps! There’s some races where there’s traffic and sharp reflexes are required!

But yeah, these Advanced races are very challenging!

Well, I don’t even have to read the post. You posted Deja Vu, so you win.

1 Like