Admitted win trading for honor on Atiesh

It doesn’t get anymore blatant. People doing it are actively admitting to it in chat as well. Very frustrating. Can’t link the videos or screenshots here unfortunately.

1 Like

Okay, right click and report them for cheating.

4 Likes

We don’t allow for reports via the forums Goneham.

If you see someone in-game that you believe to be cheating, please select their portrait and then right-click to submit an in-game report. If the comments are being made in chat, then you can right-click on the chat message to report it.

11 Likes

Done and done. Hopefully this gets some attention.

2 Likes

i wish it would but sadly i think blizz don’t care or don’t have the staff to cope with all the reports. some blatant win trading happening on remulos (oce) yet the offenders don’t even seem to care. i’m hoping with the introduction of bg’s in a few days things will settle down but i can see ppl abusing win trading in between bg’s to gain that small advantage on rankings.

Blizz isn’t going to take action upon you right clicking the players and such. They take time and get proof before applying actikns to the accounts.

4 Likes

It is not the first time win-trading has been an issue. It happens regularly. They get caught and their “winnings” are removed and they lose their standing.

Apathy like you posted here is why those players think they will get away with it. It’s not true.

7 Likes

You are mistaken, they certainly have the staff. The last CS staff reduction was in 2012. What you are talking about was the recent layoffs of a few CMs and marketing people.

Just so you know win-trading is a bit difficult to detect as a lot of the “coordination” is done out side the game. Blizzard doesn’t monitor outside chat software. They have to rely on player reports, and when they make comment’s like yours, it’s not helping.

5 Likes

well speaking from the fact i know certain players are still playing having had reports made about them with pretty good evidence - i disagree with your comments

If I recall, account action for cheating in arenas/bg’s tends to happen towards the end of the season.

Curious to know how this players know they’ve had reports against them - did someone say they’re reporting them? Nobody will know if they actually did report besides Blizzard themselves.

You’re welcome to your opinion of course, no worries there - but we have certainly seen players coming to this forum after being actioned and getting stripped of results at seasons end. They all cry innocent :wink:

7 Likes

More like conjecture, but disagree all you want

6 Likes

Unless it is you specifically, you don’t have facts.

Reports are handled in the order they are received. There is one team that handles those reports. They are handled from both Retail and Classic. More reports from a single event will get a report seen sooner, but rarely does it actually put it at the top of the pile.

What this means is that you shouldn’t just sit there waiting for something to happen. If something does happen you won’t be told. It’s between that player and Blizzard.

5 Likes

No, the topic was moderated and several posts, including yours, were removed. Best thing to do at this point is to drop it.

2 Likes

Oh. My apologies. I shall delete my post immediately.

1 Like

it is a FACT they are still playing. I have offered to provide hard evidence to blizzard and a report was made. 0 response.

Only proper way to report this is right click and report screenshots are easily photoshoped.

2 Likes

Coming to the forums isn’t going to do anything. More to the point, the Blues here, nor players, are unable to do anything about what you see in-game, for the most part. Right-click and report is the only way to get things action. Not by posting on the forums.

3 Likes

Like I’ve previously stated. It’s been reported. Nothing happens with the reports and no feedback is asked for or given. Saying right-click and report and it will fix the issue is a falsehood hence the forum post. Where else would you suggest to follow it up if not here? The in-game report function has had no success

Blizzard is not just going to take your word that someone is botting. They will investigate and that takes time. It’s not going to happen in a few days or even a few weeks. You wouldn’t want to be banned just because someone reported you for botting and you didn’t bot at all. Blizzard needs to determine how the bot is avoiding detection and what exploits it is using, then patch the exploits. They also have to determine if the patch breaks usability for legitimate players. That is why it seems like things go on for a long time with Blizzard not appearing to do anything. A lot of work is done in the background before something visible happens.

Saying it doesn’t work builds apathy. Players stop reporting it. It gets worse.

Why? Right-click>report it, move on. You don’t need to follow up on it.

6 Likes

No it’s not. You will never know the outcome of any account action taken against a player. It is also very, very rare for a GM to reach out for further feedback on a report.

Reports do work, but they certainly take time. Sadly, too many players think it should be an instant action thing.

5 Likes