Addons in twitch updated from retail to classic version

Not sure where else to ask this. I just saw twitch app had an update for its client so I updated it. Afterwards I saw a bunch of “update” signs on many of my addons (10 probably) and I thought," huh, that seems more than usual, but whatever", then proceeded to click update on all of them. I load into wow again and DBM says “this is the classic version of this mod, we recommend you get the retail one” and I’m like panicking now because I go into my twitch app and it seems about 10 different addons (not coincidentally probably) are now on version 1.13.2 which I’m pretty sure is the classic version… Did I just get screwed by this recent twitch app update? Also, I just searched up dbm on “get more addons” and it shows the 250m downloads one on version 1.13.2 which makes absolutely no sense… Did something mess up on twitch’s end?

I would also like to know the same thing happened to me.

This happened to me today, as well. I used to be able to right-click>reinstall to get the proper version of the addon when Twitch would install the wrong one in an update, but I can’t even do that, anymore.

yup, just twitch app screwing everything up

Finally happened to me today too. Was able to correct it by completely exiting and restarting the Twitch client then reinstalling the affected addon (managed to nuke it before it messed with too many) via the versions tab for the addon.

2 Likes

Worked for me, thanks!