Addons completely messed up with 11.0.2

I’m not sure how/why Bliz changed so much on the addon/API front between 11.0 and 11.0.2, but I’m getting an ungodly number of errors again. Thought all of that would have been sorted with the pre-patch, but I guess not. Very frustrating.

Anyone else seeing a lot of errors?

3 Likes

The interim functions for deprecated API calls are removed with 11.0.2. This means addons that weren’t updated to use the new API structures will break.

2 Likes

Wow, they sure did a great job of advertising that.

1 Like

It’s been the same process for the last couple of expansions although previously the changover happened with the pre-patch.

1 Like

Blizzard made the new API available on PTR and beta. Addons not being updated are not their problem, it’s on the addon author entirely. Consider supporting the addons you really like. The people that make these are doing it for free.

1 Like

Unfortunately I am a tukui user - the default blizz unit frames and cast bars (the entire UI in general) are absolutely atrocious, always has been, always will be - so my purchasing of the expansion literally hinges on tukui being updated/maintained prior to launch.

Fingers crossed I guess

1 Like

Blizzard has a little bit of blame for the low PTR/beta uptime this expansion so authors can log in and test/update their stuff. (I checked over the weekend, they were down. I checked just now, they’re down.) I totally get it’s a pre-prod environment and shouldn’t expect to be up all the time. And I get that they probably didn’t want to copy account data due to warband. (I had to wait until the pre-patch went live to test some achievement-based behaviors.) And I get that more motivated authors should’ve been checking more frequently for the months it’s been in beta. And to be fair they enabled addons at the start of beta which was a late-beta switch in earlier betas. But it’s been a relatively rough expansion for updating addons.

I expect it will take more time than usual for addons to get updated this expansion.

7 Likes