Addon settings gone

I have 2 accounts…and was using some folder referencing another folder shenanigans in order to keep my addon settings and profiles synced between the two. It seems this patch broke that and all of my saved settings are gone over every addon. I cannot find anywhere the old data is backed up at either from my own system or blizz backing up stuff before moving/deleting.

To be clear all of my addons are there, and they are all showing up, but every single saved setting and profile I had is gone. This will without exaggeration take me multiple hours to set everything back up. Anyone have any ideas about if blizz actually backed up the data somewhere I haven’t been able to find yet?

Blizzard isn’t going to back up a 3rd party’s information.

Technically Blizz doesn’t support addons.

1 Like

I haven’t been able to check yet, but I doubt they would have saved anything. They don’t really support add-ons so they are pretty much use at your own risk kind of thing. I know that they moved the folders around so I would suggest maybe digging in and seeing if maybe the settings got moved to a different folder, or stayed behind.

1 Like

Might be due to the folder structure change… there is an additional directory level added, called “_retail_”… depending on how you have your “links” done, you might need to modify them.

(I use NTFS links, and they seem to be working ok)