Addon for leaving shapeshift when talking to NPCs

I’d love to find one its so annoying to go up to an NPC to turn in or take a gryphon in travel form and it says u can’t do that shapeshifted… Driving me crazy. Anyone know of an addon that helps with that for classic?

1 Like

The LetMeCast addon can’t beacuse shapeshifts are different from mounts. I can’t remember the exact reason off the top of my head though but the reason is given by the developer on the Curse addon page for LetMeCast.

I have that addon and no it doesn’t work for what I’m looking for

Make a macro to go to caster form. Bind it to f1
Bonus points if it doesn’t take you out of bear form unless you Press control as well.

/cancelform is your friend. Macros are your friend. Check these totally pawsome macros out:

1 Like

/cancelform is amazing and works for priests too.

Isn’t easier to have your shape shift bound?

https://www.curseforge.com/wow/addons/autodismount

Sure, but then you have to hit the button assigned to the form you’re currently in to cancel it. With a simple /cancelform macro you can have one button that will always do the same thing despite your current form, which simply returns you to your normal form.

Also, it’s extremely useful to combine cancelform with other abilities. Obviously if I’m trying to heal I don’t want to be in cat form. So I have macros for healing touch, rejuvenation and regrowth that cancel form first so I don’t have to hit two buttons to do one thing.

Because of shapeshifting druids are probably the most macro reliant class in Classic. Best get comfortable with making macros if you’re a druid.

I suppose, but I organize my binds in such a way that it is easier for me. To each their own.

1 Like

That’s good. Everyone should do that IMO. But macros do things that well thought out bindings can never do. For example, prowl. If I’m mounted and running towards someone I want to dismount, pop into cat form and prowl all at the same time. This can be done flawlessly with a single macro using a single button. Without macros you’d need 3 buttons. Chances of fat fingering increase exponentially as well as the time it takes.

1 Like

I just want to be a talking bear :frowning:

2 Likes

I have my forms bound to mouse buttons other than left/right click. Popping in and out so much from leveling/dungeons makes it second nature. No need for elaborate macros when muscle memory takes over.

Muscle memory doesn’t give you the ability to simultaneously hit 2 or 3 buttons though. Even the quickest button mashers are going to take 100ms longer or more without the use of macros. Most of the time this won’t matter, but in competitive PvP it makes a huge difference.

So for example:

#showtooltip Prowl
/stand
/dismount
/cancelform [noform:3]
/cast !Cat Form
/cast Prowl

This does everything you ever need to do to prowl in an instant. If you’re in bear form it cancels, goes into cat and prowls. If you’re mounted it dismounts you, goes into cat and prowls. If you’re already in cat form it just casts prowl and won’t cancel cat form. If you went AFK and you come back and need to prowl it stands up, goes into cat and prowls. You’ll never prowl so flawlessly with just keybinds.

If you don’t want to use macros then by all means, carry on. I won’t tell ya how to play the game. But macros are super super useful for highly competitive play and will absolutely make a difference.

I just have a bind for every shapeshift. Shift+1, 2, 3… etc. Simple, easy.