Addon for arena 123 on unit frame and/or nameplate

Hello, recently I made some arena123 macros. I would like to find an addon or even a weakaura that displays the corresponding number for enemy unit frames (preferably) or nameplates if that’ll do… I don’t want any fancy nameplate addons just for an number, I enjoy the blizzard nameplates. Also, I just downloaded GladiusEx and am looking at the tags section, would it be an option in there or could I add a tag for it? I don’t exactly know what I would put for this tag in particular. Would “indexed unit tag” in the tag section of GladiusEx be what I am looking for? Haven’t tried it yet, still setting it up and in the case it doesn’t work I want this thread to be posted.
I also use the addon SortGroup, does this affect enemy frames? I’m pretty sure it’s only party, but can’t find much information on it.
I know all of this should be common sense, but I have always used simple focus macros for certain abilities and wanna be a big boy now. Thx

What is it you want the addon to do? How would you use it?

Currently customizing it but the main focal point is to show a tag on health bar for Arena 1, 2 or 3 on the unit frame. As in… the respective number for each frame. For my reference.

Arena 1 is, I believe always the top one.
Arena 2 the middle.
Arena 3 the bottom (in a 3s fight).

There are “Arena 4” and Arena 5" frames as well, but they’re only used in 5-man content in BC (I think).

I have unsubbed, so I can’t test this, but before I had unsubbed, I had fully limited attack and cc macros for each Arena opponent frame set up in custom action bars to the right of each one in one of my custom profiles.

I never ran into any problems using the Top = 1, Middle = 2, Bottom = 3 rule in my time playing in arenas with that.

I’m not sure what you’re after.

Just an indicator like… a number next to the enemy name on the arena frame itself to give me reference for those moments when the adrenaline is pumping. Thx, I will try to remember the arena numbers.

Weak Auras will do it easy.

Just set up a text field with a “1” in it and parent it to and anchor it to the Arena1 frame. Set up an “Always On” trigger.

Do the same sort of thing for 2 and 3.

You should be able to do the same thing with nameplates as well if that’s part of what you’re after, but you’d have to have it TRIGGERED by ArenaX being present and APPEAR on NameplateX.

I was an ElvUI user, but you could do what I did with BarTender easy enough.

Essentially I put a bar to the right of where each Arena frame showed up and on that bar, starting from the left I put CC and Utility stuff and starting from the right I put burst stuff.

I could rot down anyone just using my normal rotation, but when I needed to interrupt or CC start my burst on someone, I went to the bars next to their frame and used those.

The macros there were fully qualified to the ArenaX number so I had 4 total sets of macros.

Normal, Arena1, Arena2, and Arena3.

It was kind of a lot of overhead to set up, but it made arena play almost trivial.

Because I was using ElvUI for my UI mods (all of them), integration of this was seamless, but all you’d have to do with Bartender is make sure each Arena Button Bar (my name) you set up has its visibility settings customized to reflect the visiblity of the Arena Frame it’s set up for. I also added “show on alt” so I could move things on and off the bar. Take that off once it’s all set.

1 Like

Appreciate the responses, I will mess with some weakauras later. Thank you!