Activision removes all references to Tianamen square WORLDWIDE in CoD trailer

Incredibly ironic.

The tag line for Call of Duty Cold War is: "Know your History."

Then they censor real events, white wash American history, and contribute American Warcrimes to other nations.

Call of Duty has become nothing but a propaganda machine, it’s no wonder the U.S Armed forces have begun targeting players of these games for military recruitment.

1 Like

They removed it because, as we all know, on June 5, 1989 in Tiananmen Square absolutely nothing remarkable happened.

1 Like

Actually it does. Political garbage doesn’t belong here at all.

2 Likes

Well that’s definitely not a bad look at all, Activision.

I don’t think that is politics. I think that is a real life event.

May those souls find their final rest. :candle: :prayer_beads:

" Welcome to the General Discussion forum! This forum is here to provide you with a friendly environment where you can discuss all aspects of World of Warcraft with other players." - Welcome! Please read--

Where does it say “discuss whatever you feel like”?

Also

" The World of Warcraft forums are for discussion of topics directly related to World of Warcraft.

The forums here are specifically to discuss the game and related topics. Any topics not related to World of Warcraft, Battle.net, or Blizzard Entertainment are subject to deletion." - Welcome! Please read--

What does CoD got to do with WoW?

3 Likes

Capitalism in action.

You can do the same by no longer supporting Activision products, but something tells me that isn’t going to happen.

Feel like we’ve had this conversation before. It is kind of interesting though. As weak as Trump is to Russia on account of sx tapes, he is pretty well spitting in China’s face. China’s regime being the one with concentration camps, annexing international waters, buying up south america, has nukes and shipkillers, and getting away with what 3rd reich could only dream of… It’s a good one to spit at.

Really I think all the nationstates are just a really cool boardgame to the illuminati and oligarchs. Like that one episode of stargate atlantis where the guys found a cool game and didn’t realize they were directing civilizations on an actual planet.

And see how many forum bans this thread brings about. :slight_smile:

my care-o’meter is at 0%

2 Likes

Activision also doesn’t care unless it starts making them look bad enough that people stop buying Call of Duty it starts outweighing the money they get by bowing down to the Chinese government.

1 Like

I just had an image of carebears surrounding you and beaming love and friendship rainbows at you from their stomachs!!! They should’ve had that for the n’zoth ending.

Here, we can send these guys on a black op into china:

Edit: holy crap, this is awesome listening while I post. “Positive energy is power? I LIKE it!”

carebears countdown

1 Like

“Know Your History” tagline. Erases history to prostrate themselves for money.

Par for the course.

2 Likes

Still not WoW related and doesn’t belong here.

I’m not surprised the censorship took place. The CCP doesn’t allow anything to go against the communist party, it’s how they work.

But the game was about the cold war, so it’s obviously going to have historic footage from the 80’s spliced in, it’s about a political conflict.

We all know Blizzard is pretty much owned by China at this point, whatever China ask Blizzard will do it.

yall run to that when this type of discussion is a thing

but look the other way whenever someone posts about their favorite coffee or some s

1 Like

It’s weird to think of a company placating a communist market to succeed in a capitalist one

For other social issues, my kid keeps finding things about child labor in the chocolate industry (west african kids harvesting cocoa beans on farms), and corporations stealing and/or privatizing public water sources (Nestle paying michigan $200/year for 130M gallons of water per year, or just doing illegal extractions elsewhere).

So… have to give up chocolate now and gettin a britta pitcher for our tap water!

Wonder how much child-mined cobalt is in all our devices and which slaves poisoned whose rivers making all my cheap assembly required furniture and tvs… Or if slave kids made my brita water pitcher. I just need to go live in the woods and eat stuff I kill with my bar hands… Preferably in Ireland where I came from so the native americans can have their land back.

World kind of sucks, when do we get to live in the star trek era?!?!

1 Like

Exactly this.

1 Like