Activating Icy Veins summons a water elemental

Activating Icy Veins now also summons a water elemental to your for its duration. The water elemental’s abilities apply Frigid Exposure increasing the Frost damage enemies take from you by 2%, stacking up to 20%.

I love this!

9 Likes

I do and I don’t like it.

Why I don’t like it Is how it currently sits it does nothing for AOE or cleave scenarios. It should be really good for single target and it does advance the frost mage thematically.

2 Likes

does this “new” elemental still has ogcd frost nova?

I like this change. Removing Summon Water Elemental as an option is a great thing since it should never have been a permanent pet in the first place.

5 Likes

Broooo nooo, I loved the WE as permanent pet. My icy companion has been removed. RIP.

5 Likes

Hate this change so much

Just let us keep our pet

6 Likes

NO PETS PLS FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!

If Mages wanted Pets, we’d roll Warlock or Hunter.

MAGE PETS = NERF OF OUR DIRECT DAMAGES!!

5 Likes

I do hope they tune the Mage Tower then, as we will no longer beable to send our water elemental to soak the puddles.

3 Likes

Gtfo, is not having a pet for the sake of having a pet.

They should balance it lonely winter. Some of us love the water elemental, no reason to remove it.

If it changes to a cd it will be no different than Elemental Shamans with their fire/lightning elemental, but worst on a 3 min cd.

3 Likes

Good. That’s what I’ve been wanting since Cataclysm made it permanent. I enjoyed it when it was a cooldown and don’t ever use it since it makes frost spells deal much less damage.

2 Likes

Keep it as an option. Good riddance.

2 Likes

I don’t think it’s bad as a temporary guardian. Where I see the problem is that it increases our damage via a ST debuff and it’s tied to Icy Veins uptime. It should have a set duration and buff us instead, not limiting our extra damage to a single target.

1 Like

Icy veins no longer provides haste. Icy veins is now just a water elemental.
Removing rune of power means they needed to change how icy veins worked.
Icy veins added haste was only of benefit because of rune of power providing a damage buff at the same time.
The new icy veins elemental is blizz’s response to add a damage CD.
As said previously this is weak tea for cleave/multitarget.
I also foresee every complication we currently have with pets not targeting correctly and your entire CD damage profile is dependent on it.
Pump the dislike button on the CD pet.
Especially since everything on the PTR looks to be leaning towards a glacial spike build.
Thanks for coming to my Ted Talk

1 Like

I literally asked for this since legion. glad they finally added it

3 Likes

i want my want water elemental, should be an option or something. really dont like this change

5 Likes

summon cosmetic pet elemental, will have same dps

3 Likes

I always thought there should be a choice between permanent “tanky” WE, Lonely Winter, and stronger WE during Icy veins. That’s the way it would have worked best under the old talent system.

In this new system, all they need to do is essentially make lonely winter the default (there is no need to have a talent to remove something you don’t have) and then have the option between permanent elemental or burst WE just like any other choice in the tree. Obviously, also have them both balanced with each other and with other talents in the same power bracket.

It really shouldn’t be that complicated.

Currently in the PTR, if you pick the WE, Icy Veins doesn’t spawn a second WE. So, it’s an even bigger waste of a talent to go WE over Lonely Winter.

Haste still there. <3

Accelerates your spellcasting for 25 sec, granting 20% haste and preventing damage from delaying your spellcasts.

Activating Icy Veins summons a water elemental to your side for it’s duration. The water elemental’s abilities apply Frigid Exposure increasing the Frost damage enemies take from you by 4%, up to 20%.

I do not like this one bit. I fought tooth and nail to have them add a perma pet way back in Wotlk on the forums as a teenager and I use it outside of raids all the time. I would vastly prefer this to be an option, not a change forced upon everyone. Ice Veins can stay the same, but just have it empower your elemental instead of summoning one. Please Blizzard.

3 Likes

They should of just made it baseline

2 Likes