Actions Taken to Address Exploitative Gameplay

The token fixes the gold seller market. The most exploitative behaviour we are seeing is the gold seller market. Some people will buy gold, some people will find a way to sell the gold. Legalization works.

Cool, so when are you removing the lockout then.

Oh no, please stop. I think it’s been proven the devs can’t be trusted.

6 Likes

How many players exceed 30 instances each and every day? How many players exceed 50 instance each and every day? How many players are grinding instances at very early or late hours each and every day? How many players have multiple accounts grinding scores of instances each and every day?

You don’t need a cap, you need a report. If a few players are on the report, then you can either change the parameters to exclude them or clear them by investigating. The cap is meant to limit players not find bots. It is dumb, because the limit catches perfectly normal game play.

1 Like

sounds to me like they just need some common sense.

1 Like

Reverse the 30 instance a day lock out its harming real players not the bots

2 Likes

And they’re limiting players because?

1 Like

Sounds like I wasnt the only one to cancel my subscription yesterday

1 Like

Nope. If you need three charges for every boss in bwl and mc (which straight up isn’t the case but let’s worst case scenario) that’s 18 mcp/week. At a 30% drop rate call it 55 gnomers to get your bottomless bag of MCPs. (RNG gonna RNG, but let’s call it a reasonable estimate) At 5/hour under the old system even the most efficient druid would have taken ~12 to 13 hours to farm that. Now you have to take two days and do it in two 6 hour blocks. I refuse to believe that there are more than a literal handful of ferals across all of classic that HAVE to farm all their MCPs in a single day, and need more than ~30 charges per week to tank.

2 Likes

Also not a nerf to bear tanks because the MCP was not intended as a weapon for raiding bear tanks. It’s creative use of game mechanics, and they just aren’t going to worry about it if they break it by accident.

1 Like

Finally! For years people have been calling Blizzard’s unique “ban wave” strategy just a lazy excuse to not actively moderate, and with this that may finally change. Thank you!!

This is blue code for the wow token.

2 Likes

if they WANT to, why is that problematic?
maybe they only have that 1 day to gather the needed MCP’s and mats, they certainly can’t do both so now they have to choose, do I get my MCPs or do I get my consumes…?

It’s unreasonable to expect that every single person has every single second of every single day to play WoW, not sure why this is a complicated concept.

it is, and that are continuing to do exactly that, so I’m not sure what change you are seeing…

also the “swiftly” that Kaivax is referring to just means, sometime in the next 6-12 months.

2 Likes

Why would a million dollar company need an instance cap to identify botters?

1 Like

I’m glad something is finally being said about it, but uhhh isn’t that number like super low? Didn’t the bans in china go over 120k in a month?(or week?) I’m glad SOMETHING is finally being done, but couldn’t we also get the bots banned as they’re detected and not potentially weeks(or months) later after they’ve been sucking up all the gold and mats from the world? You’re only allowing more players to be harmed the longer they stay up.

Would this banwave have happened today as well if the forums did not make such a fuss?

While I appreciate the 74k closing or suspensions of accounts as always it has to get so bad ingame that people have to light fires here before any action is taken.

Do you expect us to watch the botters overrun the servers again, so we can come here and cry till you are forced to initiate the next wave?

Edit: Also 74k acc. for 3 regions is really low compared to china. Granted they bot more over there but you said 74k violations of end user agreement, which covers more than just botting.

2 Likes

Do these powerful systems include an attempt upon my life (the in game character) while I attempt to farm felcloth? Tisk Tisk Tisk.

2 Likes

The banwave didn’t happen today, they’ve been doing it. They are just giving you a happy total today to show they’re working on it.

but then how are they going to /flex that large number of bans they just did?!?
lmfao I completely agree with you, you find a cheater/bot, you eliminate it NOW

This is nothing. The fact that Netease bans over 100K a week shows Blizzard has no clue what they are doing.
I just logged into my server and the very first person I saw in Azshara was a bot forming golden pearls. It so obvious its not even funny. I saw 3 players, 1 legit, 1 a bot and the third I dont know because I was so pissed I didnt bother watching his movements.
Still tons of bots in ZG.