Actions Taken to Address Exploitative Gameplay

Sometimes playing with cheaters can be fun because of the challenge factor but after awhile it gets kind of old. Fighting an evenly matched opponent feels more rewarding to me.

I agree with this… If the current system is automated to watch certain behavior and they’re flagged… hopefully it’s not an automative ban

You could watch over these certain ppl who have a exceeded a threshold and from there make a decision if they’re exploitive/botting

The problem with this is when a bot bans a bot…

Here we have a national saying going: “i remember”.

I remember Heroes of the Strom bans for “toxic behavior”. No appeals, ever.

2 Likes

Aoski, Aneilla, Aristina 3 lvl 60 rogues in greens on Heartseeker. Surprisingly when they appear in Burning Steppes 14 lvl 2/3 night elves show up camping all the Black lotus spawns? currently on a 12 straight hour stretch. Yes Multiple peeps have reported them.

Legit question:

I really don’t think I’ll ever even get close to 30 per day, what are you doing that you would? Pickpocket runs?

So why do u even ban bots when according to your GMs buying gold is allowed anyways?

GM confirming it is legal:
X__I have just confirmed with A GM that trading Retail Gold for Classic is allowed - #63 by Perl-anetheron

X___https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/728876914344853567/728876937967304724/uff2.png

Couple hundred Goldsellers in official forums, for months on end, no bans ever:
X__https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/de/wow/search?q=retail%20topic%3A69688

We are up to 12 straight hours on Heartseeker in Burning Steppes with Aoski and his 16 level 2/3 bots.

A player would have to do 2 instances per hour for 12 straight hours to reach the lockout. That leaves 12 hours for eating, sleeping, and quiet contemplation on how your WoW addiction is negatively affecting your life.

Westfall Realm - Badlands - Bots
Several of us have been sending in reports over the last three days about the bots in the badlands. It is obvious that we are being ignored by Blizz. I think their accounts should be perma-banned and their gold and items distributed evenly to those who reported them. We go there to farm Elemental Earth - I paid for my mounts this way. It is totally obvious that they are bots because you can see their patterns they follow. I am calling out names on this - Hadaler & Justinken. It is frustrating to say the least. As an honest player, and one of the original WoW players (Classic) it isn’t fair to make us suffer while Blizz does a wave once in a while. I want to farm today…get rid of them so we can.

Track the IP Addresses and ban their IP from creating another character. They won’t know what hit them.

Open the transfers

1 Like

no way, people would destroy the economy worse than bots already do.

Blockquote Track the IP Addresses and ban their IP from creating another character. They won’t know what hit them.

VPN’s

Just implement wow tokens, problem solved.

You need to ban china and indonesian players from accessing other regions. Every gold farmer on my server is indonesian, admitted to selling Black Lotus, have 30 mages in strat farming orbs til they are worth 0g. do something man this is insane. ban the IP’s stop thinking about your neverending money for 5 seconds PLEASE

3 Likes

Please do something about horde que times for bg, it is horrible. I dont have time to reroll a new toon.

The same people complaining about unreasonable suspensions, would be here advocating “MOR EVIDENCE PLZ” if you didn’t take your time, gather evidence, and do it efficiently over time. Good job blizzard.

1 Like

KEK there are more bots than ever now

More people are botting Classic than actual people playing Retail…

1 Like

I’m wondering. Are the gold sellers considered exploitative gameplay? Every day all my toons get mail from gold seller toons directing me to a website. These toons’ names seem to be constant which suggests that my attempts to report them are pointless. If it were me, I’d figure out who they are and permanently suspend those toons, and their associated email addresses and credit card numbers. As the Arab bodyguard said in Lawrence of Arabia, “No prisoners”.

1 Like