Action Bar Button Glow

I’m looking to set up a WA to make specific action bar buttons glow – specifically to make the Serpent Sting (survival hunter debuff) button glow when the debuff is not present on a target while in combat. Any suggestions?

Using WA and Bartender, no other UI mods.

I don’t think weak auras can make the actual button on your bar glow, but it can pop up a warning near your character and glow. First you will need to create a new aura, name it Serpent Sting, and go to the display tab, uncheck the automatic overlay, type in serpent sting and choose the correct image. with the image selected scroll down while still in display panel and choose the overlay glow effect. Now go to triggers, select aura, change player to target, buff to debuff, aura name should be Serpent Sting click the okay button, scroll down further and choose don’t show >5 and click okay again. This should pop up a serpent sting icon that glows when there is less than 5 seconds left on the debuff on your current target.

Then go to load conditions and choose under what circumstances you want it to load.

Create a weak auras icon display for the ability in question.

Set its anchor to the button you want it “glow”.

Set its size to the size of the button.

Make sure its layer is above the button (so it’s visible when it glows).

When you have that “glow” go off, it’ll LOOK like the button underneath it is the one with the glow.

Because WA auras are click-through (unless you do something silly) it won’t affect the use of the underlying button at all.

If you’ve got that ability in a macro, make one for each ability in that macro and include the same conditionals and then as you alter the conditionals, the appropriate “glow” will mimic what ability WOULD be active it you had the conditionals right (control key pressed, not mounted, swimming, whatever).

7 Likes

Realize this is an old post but I don’t think I’ve ever seen any responses on the forum as helpful as these. Stellar to see WoW players give respectful feedback instead of 5 reasons why the OP shouldn’t do the thing he wants to do :slight_smile: . Thx gents!

1 Like

Please use the like button rather than necroing old posts in the future.

3 Likes

No, I don’t think I will

Me neither.