Acti pulls their games from Geforce Now

On the positive side, the Geforce Now founders offer is less than half the price of a WoW sub so I’m hoping to discover some new games to enjoy. Maybe make a dent in my list of Steam games with 0 hours played…

1 Like

Umm, sorry I don’t resonate and i don’t think most people do.

This is an “I don’t care” thread lol

1 Like

I’m a technical IT guy that is also a VR enthusiast. 5G isn’t going to cut it with it’s current published specs, and the mobile companies aren’t even going to give us those published speeds anyway. I’m super serious on that ms issue. We can’t even make our HMD’s wireless right now without introducing to much local lag. Certain peripherals also cause to much local lag.

Don’t get me wrong, improvements ARE being made, but streaming VR? We aren’t even close. If you want wireless streaming for VR, I’d peg it for 7g, maybe.

2 Likes

For the love of god just use Parsec Gaming.

EDIT: OK, I see what is going on. They don’t want you to use any cloud gaming service. Your account can be banned if you install and play from a cloud machine. Yeah, I don’t know why they made that change in the EULA. /shrug But at least with parsec you can install on your machine and play it from any computer and you’ll be safe. But I guess if you don’t have a PC this is a problem.

2 Likes

No. It was just the “GeForce Now” option. What that does is allow you to stream games you already own to your devices. Say you don’t have a great computer, but want to play Destiny 2. You have already purchased Destiny 2, but when you try to play it, it runs horribly. With GeForce Now, Nvidia runs the game on their cloud servers and streams it to you, like a Google Stadia game. Because it is being rendered on a more powerful computer, it looks and (hopefully) runs better on the computer or device you’re playing it on.

It does require a good internet connection to work properly, but it is an option for many games that otherwise might be out of reach for certain people.

The main thing is that you must already own the game to use the service, so Acti-Blizz removing their games as options seems strange to me. It’s like Bobby Kotick is sitting there fuming that he can’t make more money from this.

2 Likes

Actually it wasn’t, it was a way to get around bot detection AFAIK. That alone gives cause to block it. Blizz depends on being able to see the way the player interacts with the system to determine if you’re a bot or not. If they can’t do that (and they can’t with Geforce Now) then it’s a bannable offence just like it says in the EULA:

4 Likes

Ooh, that’s nice to know. I didnt know there such an option.

My old pc is barely breathing on new games but it still runs them ok.

Thank you for that valuable contribution…

1 Like

I am very disappointed by this as well. Geforce Now is the first streaming game service I have tried that works as advertised and I was really happy that Blizzard was one of the supporters of it. I have been a huge Blizzard fan since the first Warcraft game. I won’t quit playing their games, but it is another example of the corporate crap that seems to be an endless stream coming from them.

It is sad.

2 Likes

Yep its a forum, thats what people do… Still don’t care… bye.

1 Like

The reason is probably because game streaming platforms are seen as the same niche in a niche sort of thing as a Linux client. Sure, some people want it, but the cost of maintaining it outweighs the number of players it’d keep on board.

It probably also screws with their hack detection stuff something hardcore and makes it much harder to detect account sharing.

Keep your stuff an keep walking.

Oh no, the latest fad is not coming to a fifteen year-old game. Better jump ship now and hang onto the streaming bandwagon for dear life.

Since nobody else is offering I guess I’ll take it.

1 Like

Can someone explain what the big deal here is? Like whats the diffrence between GE and the battle.net launcher that makes or breaks it for people?

EDIT: Scrolled up and saw someone define it, I mean yeah I can see why that would be an inconvience as to why you would like to keep a system like that. On the other hand though I feel like as if there are more options avaiable that can aid in making the game less slow. Like turning down the graphics, or updating some compontes to your computer if your able to.

Cool story bro… bye.

Yea, the ability to run any PC game on any type of device and not require an expensive gaming rig is totally a fad… like who would want that?

People who hate exclusives, have worse connections than perfect, and who want to play their games without relying on a third party monopoly.

It just amazes me that people hated Cable companies for being too restrictive, but are willing to subscribe to eight different streaming services just for one or two things.

Streaming is a fad, just like VR.

Here you make an excellent point. I 100% agree.

Here you’re being obtuse.

No, I remember when VR first came out in the nineties. It had its moments, but eventually petered out.

Streaming is no different. Soon people will get tired of the exclusivity wars and paying $20 eight times a month and then someone will reinvent the Cable Company; where they will provide boxes for your household that will ‘stream’ whatever you want as long as you pay for it.

You’re so shortsighted (no offense)… People hate cable companies because of cost vs. features, regulations, taxes and fees.

Streaming is not going anywhere… Thats like saying DVD’s were a fad when VHS was king. VR is basically still a fad but it is evolving faster now than it ever has before.